Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
He's going to Chelsea. It's so damn obvious.

Castia

Its pretty clear the alternative is SMS

There hasn't been a serious link to him though? we were linked with SMS nearly every season since 2017.

We're in August and have just this week started to look at other player after the season as started? give me a break the lot of them are clueless. Chasing a player for 3 months, who by the way let it be known 20+ times throughout those months that he doesn't fancy United or living in Manchester is just insane.

dove

You clown. That is not referencing a source! :lol:
:lol: Is he supposed to name the sources? What the actual feck. Some of you are really way beyond the point of return. I worry about your mental health if this deal doesn't happen.

TheLord

Hope can be so blinding sometimes . Now that almost everybody knows he's joining Chelsea, I still can't let go of hoping.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Chelsea had made it known they would not bid until they had clear indication he would join them.
Let's not live in denial.
And we made it clear we wouldn't have spent the time if he wasn't willing to come

Both can be true, neither can be true, only one can be true

izec

I said all along we didn’t have a proper plan b, I just really hoped it wouldn’t come back to bite us. A truly horrendous window this is shaping up to be.
When was the last time we made the deal in a summer long saga the same summer? I cannot remember. Not since Fergie retired anyway, we usually dont get the target.

Chief123

:lol: Is he supposed to name the sources? What the actual feck. Some of you are really way beyond the point of return. I worry about your mental health if this deal doesn't happen.
You just said he references his source. He clearly doesn't. You really need to learn what referencing a source means.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ok good. Please now move on and get other signings in. Let's be ready for Liverpool atleast.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I can't believe that Murtough and Arnold spent 3 months negotiating a deal only for the De Jong to end with Chelsea. This is tragically hilarious

Gandalf

There hasn't been a serious link to him though? we were linked with SMS nearly every season since 2017.

We're in August and have just this week started to look at other player after the season as started? give me a break the lot of them are clueless. Chasing a player for 3 months, who by the way let it be known 20+ times throughout those months that he doesn't fancy United or living in Manchester is just insane.
Some pretty reliable journos are reporting we have sounded out Lazio. I expect a formal bid will follow pretty swiftly in the event FDJ moves to Chelsea or somehow kisses and makes up with Barca. We are not going to bid for him and Frenkie as we cannot afford both nor do we need both, Rabiot is cheaper and is in addition to one of the others which is why we have pulled the trigger there it seems.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Yeah, happened just like that with Ronaldo to City as well. Damn shame.
:lol: I mean I love your optimism and you come across like you have inside info from time to time...We'll see I guess, but Chelsea have said they will submit a bid when they get the green light and here they are doing just that.

TheLord

Next summer window we will keep chasing Declan Rice only to realise after three months of trying that he's a Chelsea fan and he ain't coming to United.

Everyone needs to be sacked for such gross incompetence.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
To be fair they have a point. It's been embarrassing having him fawn over the player in public when it was obvious he didn't want to come.

To refuse to consider an alternative is criminal
When did ETH fawn over De Jong.
ETH is an employee. A serious club with serious minded people would have told their subordinate that this deal was heading nowhere a long time ago.
Trying to blame ETH is a cop out. This farce has been a misguided idea of supporting the coach.

DutchCruijff

There are actually people in here who think we have a chance?

Laughable.

De Jong is an idiot for stringing (Ten Hag) United along.

Ten Hag is an idiot for (a) no alternatives and (b) dragging United along with this farce.

Murtough and Arnold are idiots for (a) not sealing the deal and (b) for going along with this farce.

Fools all around. Murtough and Arnold need to GO!

YzWayne

Feels like chasing the dream girl in school for a long time but lose to a toad from the class next door within days of him showing his abs.

Castia

Some pretty reliable journos are reporting we have sounded out Lazio. I expect a formal bid will follow pretty swiftly in the event FDJ moves to Chelsea or somehow kisses and makes up with Barca. We are not going to bid for him and Frenkie as we cannot afford both nor do we need both, Rabiot is cheaper and is in addition to one of the others which is why we have pulled the trigger there it seems.

I hope so, he seems to be the best options of those we have been linked with.

dove

You just said he references his source. He clearly doesn't. You really need to learn what referencing a source means.
You can see whatever you want to see, read the articles in whatever way you want to read them, cherrypick only the bits and pieces that makes you happy, couldn't care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.