Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
:lol: I mean I love your optimism and you come across like you have inside info from time to time...We'll see I guess, but Chelsea have said they will submit a bid when they get the green light and here they are doing just that.
But they're not though are they? It's been reported a couple of times and people lose their shit. All the pieces I've read read like opinion pieces, nothing more. I really can't wait for this to be over

TheLord

Why does it feel like we did all the hard work for Chelsea? :lol:
Barca played us. They knew all along that FDJ had to be sold and kept telling otherwise. They put up all kinds of stories and got the best deal possible. Social media played its part.

Rolaholic

fecking hate Chelsea...

They get snipped for their targets numerous times this summer only to go out of their way to try and help that same club...

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
As things stand, De Jong and Braithwaite’s agents have no meeting scheduled with Barça upon arrival here this aft. Primary purpose of visit is to check in with the players & they also have other meetings planned not connected to Barça [Samuel Marsden]

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
I guess my gut feeling was right afterall. He will end up in Chelsea and Chelsea will have their midfielder lynchpin settled for the next 5 years

joedirt87

I can't believe that Murtough and Arnold spent 3 months negotiating a deal only for the De Jong to end with Chelsea. This is tragically hilarious
Have to think that a proper DoF at the club sits down with ETH and get a legitimate backup plan for transfers instead of scrambling.

Chief123

You can see whatever you want to see, read the articles in whatever way you want to read them, cherrypick only the bits and pieces that makes you happy, couldn't care less.
He may well have sources that have informed him of further details. That doesn't change the fact you still don't understand what actually referencing a source means which is what you claimed he did. That's all. Nothing else to see here.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I'm not laughing :(
If it happens then I'd be laughing instead of crying. Hopefully it would lead to some serious change. I mean not even the Glazers can accept us to become such a Banter FC

Rolaholic

So they're about to absolutely smash the summer transfer net spend record?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I like how 3 Twitter accounts are all reporting the same incident with broken English.

Chief123

I didn't think he was all that anyway. Will probably flop at Chelsea. 85m saved I reckon. Bullet dodged.

kelvinwong2026

We have to move on. It is not the end of the world. We could have bought him and he is injured for several months. If our season is doomed just because we failed to buy one player, then we are doomed as a club.

Reactions: Penna

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
As things stand, De Jong and Braithwaite’s agents have no meeting scheduled with Barça upon arrival here this aft. Primary purpose of visit is to check in with the players & they also have other meetings planned not connected to Barça [Samuel Marsden]
As I say it's a fecking mess. False reports everywhere, people chatting shit, reporters recycling everything, opinions and speculations running riot.

I mean you have to admire Frenkie, his position hasn't changed, he wants to stay, he's a fool but still

saivet

Look at the blame game beginning. Its all Ten Hag's fault we're panicking at the end of the window. Wonder who's fed that to the journalists?

Always, always ends up like this.

The people that run this club are more interested in covering their ar$es than helping us succeed.
Even if he did feel this way, which may well be true, the club should act responsibly and not just take his word for it and explore alternatives.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
If it happens then I'd be laughing instead of crying. Hopefully it would lead to some serious change. I mean not even the Glazers can accept us to become such a Banter FC
The mind boggles as to how people think it's Murtough/Arnold's fault.

We have had a fee agreed with Barca for a couple months now.

The only thing holding up the deal was the defered wages. Literally nothing Arnold nor Murtough can do about that.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
But they're not though are they? It's been reported a couple of times and people lose their shit. All the pieces I've read read like opinion pieces, nothing more. I really can't wait for this to be over
Been reported by Barca's so called mouthpiece that they are close to an agreement. We didn't mind believing him when it favoured us early in the window.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
You just said he references his source. He clearly doesn't. You really need to learn what referencing a source means.
I don't know what you're expecting from these journalists (I thought I knew what referencing sources meant in an academic perspective, but a journalist? Do you want a full Harvard reference list at the end of the article?), but you're coming across as being seriously desperate and in denial.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Have to think that a proper DoF at the club sits down with ETH and get a legitimate backup plan for transfers instead of scrambling.
The first thing a proper sporting director would do is not to allow the manager to turn us into some Eredivisie XI. Of course that would happen mostly through persuasion which comes with viable alternatives backed by detailed reports.

Rolaholic

It begins...

Basically said he was willing to join even without CL football and indicated that to ETH previously but he supposedly changed his mind over the summer

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Knew where this was headed months ago, player was waiting for better clubs to come in for him

A transfer doesn't take 2 months to complete especially when you've agreed a fee with the club, any competent club would've sorted out deferred wage issues weeks ago if they knew how to act. As it turns out, we tried to play "smart" by playing a waiting game and a better placed club has swooped in to get the player from under our noses. This club is an utter shambles, incompetent people from top to bottom and people on here want fans to be "supportive" or else they'll get a warning, like feck off

Rusholme Ruffian

It's a shame we were QUITE so shit at the weekend. I'm sure the lure of playing for a manager that truly knows and rates him, plus joining a club where he knows he will be top dog, rather than added as an afterthought to a summer of splurging, would normally make us favourites, regardless of the CL thing. But if he saw anything of Sunday's game then he must be thinking it could be years before United are in the CL again.

Chief123

The mind boggles as to how people think it's Murtough/Arnold's fault.

We have had a fee agreed with Barca for a couple months now.

The only thing holding up the deal was the defered wages. Literally nothing Arnold nor Murtough can do about that.
That clearly wasn't the hold up from the looks of it now. Because it's already been reported multiple times that Utd were willing to pay that yet the deal still coudn't happen. Even now there is nothing reported that Barca are suddenly willing to pay it yet he still looks like he's going Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.