Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

So they're about to absolutely smash the summer transfer net spend record?
Romero knows he's on to a winner here... no matter what he says he's got Chelsea and United fans hanging on his every word it matters not if it's true or not to him now

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Are people melting down for something that has been reported this morning and been mentioned in this thread?

dove

He may well have sources that have informed him of further details. That doesn't change the fact you still don't understand what actually referencing a source means which is what you claimed he did. That's all. Nothing else to see here.
You clearly know what I meant by "referencing sources", can stop pretending now.

Rolaholic

Disgraceful club and a cultish fanbase, they're an even more abhorrent club than the oil clubs nowadays

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Been reported by Barca's so called mouthpiece that they are close to an agreement. We didn't mind believing him when it favoured us early in the window.
If you ask for my opinion I've not believed much he's said. He's pushing what Barca want him to push

Chief123

I don't know what you're expecting from these journalists (I thought I knew what referencing sources meant in an academic perspective, but a journalist? Do you want a full Harvard reference list at the end of the article?), but you're coming across as being seriously desperate and in denial.
You're clearly missing the point. This is nothing to do with the article or whether the article is true. The poster said he references his sources. He doesn't. Referencing your sources is stating what your source is. That's all. It doesn't mean the article is wrong.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
If you ask for my opinion I've not believed much he's said. He's pushing what Barca want him to push
Think we'll know either way before Saturday imo. This is coming to an end.

Gandalf

It's a shame we were QUITE so shit at the weekend. I'm sure the lure of playing for a manager that truly knows and rates him, plus joining a club where he knows he will be top dog, rather than added as an afterthought to a summer of splurging, would normally make us favourites, regardless of the CL thing. But if he saw anything of Sunday's game then he must be thinking it could be years before United are in the CL again.
Funnily enough I said the same to my lad before and after the game. Recency bias is a thing and I was hoping we would smash Brighton and Chelsea would shit the bed at Everton but it didn't quite work out that way.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The mind boggles as to how people think it's Murtough/Arnold's fault.

We have had a fee agreed with Barca for a couple months now.

The only thing holding up the deal was the defered wages. Literally nothing Arnold nor Murtough can do about that.
Of course its Murtough's fault. We entered into a toxic negotiation which stank miles away. We were taken for a ride by Barca and the player with the latter repeatedly shitting on us in public. That's bad enough if he signs with us but to move to a rival club really takes the biscuit. A properly run club would have moved to a viable alternative at least 1 month ago and would have given the pair a deadline to sort their crap up. If ETH complains then he would have been told if he wants to go back to the farmer's league he came from as there's no way that a top club would accept such delay and abuse from a prospective employee. I wouldn't really put it on Arnold as he has no idea how the football side of things work but a DOF needs to know better.

But hey, at least we're signing mummy's boy from Juventus dustbin. We're giving them another 20m on top to an 80m worth of player they signed from us for free....twice.

Pscholes18

Can not fecking believe he is going to end up at Chelsea with the amount of time United wasted on chasing this guy. The biggest of all L's.

DutchCruijff

You've got to be a right piece of work to turn down United after (a) SUPPOSEDLY, making assurances to Ten Hag and (b) the club chasing after you for months and making you their #1 priority whilst being patient for you too.

A right piece of work.

TheLord

fecking hate Chelsea...

They get snipped for their targets numerous times this summer only to go out of their way to try and help that same club...
If Chelsea hadn't helped, we would have helped Barca by paying nearly the same transfer money for FDJ.

On the contrary, Boehly must have felt nice to force Barca into selling one of their best players to Chelsea because of financial woes. He's redeemed after missing out on Kounde and Rafinha.

izec

Can not fecking believe he is going to end up at Chelsea with the amount of time United wasted on chasing this guy. The biggest of all L's.
The way we were run the last decade, this was always the likely outcome. Would have been very surprised if we finalised the deal.

Said in July this smells of Fabregas 2.0. Difference is the player is moving this summer to Chelsea already, not next year.

kirk buttercup

Nothing will change when the owners and people who run the club are such parasites and a shambles . Doesn't matter who is manager. We could get Pep and klopp to manage together and nothing would change, our club is in a spiral downwards and the only thing that will change that and really change it is if the club is sold. What have they done to our club. Shame on them

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Barcelona fans are genuinely a different breed of species. Or is it actual players/employees?!
The 2 idiots who insulted FDJ must have been at most 18 years old. Some fools of the crystal generation.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
why is there a meltdown? I haven't seen a FDJ > Chelsea confirmed news report?

Summit

:lol::lol:

I can't take this anymore. Please end tonight one way or another

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
why is there a meltdown? I haven't seen a FDJ > Chelsea confirmed news report?
Because Ben Jacobs and some other guy said Chelsea were close to an agreement then Romano went hot hot HOT and said Barca and Chelsea were close to a deal, even though he's said it about 4 times now

Summit

Because Ben Jacobs and some other guy said Chelsea were close to an agreement then Romano went hot hot HOT and said Barca and Chelsea were close to a deal, even though he's said it about 4 times now
It's more to do with the reporter closer to us saying we are hanging on with a thread but think we'll be disappointed.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea

Disgraceful club and a cultish fanbase, they're an even more abhorrent club than the oil clubs nowadays
Worst thing is how their fans on here try and justify it. It’s not normal. It’s disgusting. The ones the fans should abuse is the management that led to this situation. Yet it’s everyone else’s fault they are in this position.

dove

It still doesn’t change you were wrong earlier though? I think that’s the point
:lol: I admit my mistakes, that was a crap source indeed. Luckily that MEN article appears to be a top quality source, as the man himself said, "It’s back on".

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's more to do with the reporter closer to us saying we are hanging on with a thread but think we'll be disappointed.
And again, even with United journos, I still maintain they know very little in respect to the deal. I'm pretty sure people within United aren't going to go running to the press saying the deal is hanging by a thread are they?

I'm finding it hard to believe any journo at the moment, Chelsea or United linked

Status
Not open for further replies.