Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

We are actually working to sign aubamayang as well apparently.

Apparently where our agreement differs from United’s is Boehly is willing to pay the full deferred wages to De Jong up front.

We will see.
We'll have Murtough's head if that is true

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I see the MUTV live steams as their next big money spinner.

But that will be in the medium term just like the inevitable super league with quite a few American owners now, it will be the next natural progression. Be part of the domestic league but a updated CL that's heavily loaded with the historical clubs ie clubs with the biggest fan based being the permanent members and then like the PL you have a few who will be promoted.

So I imagine the Glazers see United being worth a lot more than £3.5B
Yes they do. They’ll be looking to set a world record for a sport “franchise”. They, like the other American owners, are looking to the American model to maximise returns. One where salary caps mean that profit margins are higher. The history of football’s financial evolution has meant that as club revenues have exploded, so have player wages. They are all looking to put a hard cap on that so that as revenues increase more, the owners can take home more money. The better the EBIDTA, the higher the sale value of the club and the higher the earnings potential in the future. I see a salary cap and or an ESL as being the triggers for a sale. If those aren’t achieved within a medium time frame there is the possibility they sell out anyway, but I don’t see the possibility of that happening in the short term unless someone comes in to buy it that is looking at it as part of a wider commercial policy or a sports washing scheme. Right now, as a return on investment, the club is too highly priced, and performing too poorly for someone to see it as a good investment.

Rolaholic

There's just no chance we'd let him go to Chelsea over this
We wouldn't but I don't think that's the issue, the players will will decide the deal and all signs point towards him being unwilling to leave for us.

If he does leave he has a better run club with CL footy to offer apparently willing to offer him a cushy exit route

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
We wouldn't but I don't think that's the issue, the players will will decide the deal and all signs point towards him being unwilling to leave for us.

If he does leave he has a better run club with CL footy to offer apparently willing to offer him a cushy exit route
Yeah I can agree with all that, just won't believe for a second that United's reluctance to pay the 17m while Chelsea are willing to pay makes any difference

jameyzane

He's now being insulted by the fans as he drives quietly to work but hey.. He'll take anything to get his money. Meanwhile, it appears his agent has now involved the lawyers and it's about to become the court case of the year.

croadyman

Apparently where our agreement differs from United’s is Boehly is willing to pay the full deferred wages to De Jong up front.

We will see.
He's yours then whilst we look on in envy

Rolaholic

Yeah I can agree with all that, just won't believe for a second that United's reluctance to pay the 17m while Chelsea are willing to pay makes any difference
Quite sure that we would agree to that if it came down to it, got too much riding on this and put too much energy into it for that to be deal-breaker. Just unfortunate that we've had one of our rivals suddenly register their interest because objectively, if its a straight decision between us and them currently, we'll lose each time

mu4c_20le

Unfortunately sky is often days behind with what the latest is so I expect any day now they'll change their tune to Chelsea being favourites
I'd like to think that he just said it again on air. Sky wouldn't repost old clips...would they

caid

We will see.
The transfer would be done and dusted if that was the case surely

Highfather_24

Its funny to me that "progressive carries" is a sophisticated term for the famous redcafe saying "attack the space".

flappyjay

I guess you can definitely write off the days of our allure being enough to draw the best talent. The Pogba signing while out of the Champions League was because it looked like a blip, this is now a pattern, and quite frankly doesn’t look like improving. Even if we eventually hit it off under ETH, we’re likely to revert back to how’s it’s been previously under the Glazers when he leaves.

To most younger players now, we’ve been a mess as long as they’ve watched football. It’s remarkable how similar it is to Liverpool in the 90s. My only memory of note of Liverpool and being close to silverware in my childhood was the 96 cup final. I know they won league, FA and UEFA cups eventually, but honestly it felt completely irrelevant at the time.
Literally signed Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane last year. This window is a mess because of Murtough with his lack of planning.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Frenkie isn’t a R9, Batistuta, Ronaldinho level player. It’s also a difficult comparison because the Premier League is a much more fancied destination in general for foreign players than it was in the 90s and even 2000s. However, compared to the rest of England, it certainly was a favoured destination. We can’t even convince England’s best young talent to join any more, which was almost a given previously.
But you agree that at no point United attracted players just based on our allure otherwise the likes of young Ramsey, young Bale, Shearer and a multitude of other players would have picked us. At all points United needed to offer the right combination of playing time, silverware prospect and money.

Sometimes it feels that many United fans embellish the past. We had SAF and he made a massive difference for our on-field performances but the rest was sometimes a struggle, that includes getting the players we wanted.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Been a busy day for you today: It's like you've been playing transfer "whack-a-mole" all afternoon.
I admire your stamina.
I just don't see the point in melting down over could be situations. The journos can't even get their stories straight and those that are well connected to the club are silent. United are silent yet all these other guys are saying "United are all but out, the deal hangs by a thread, United privately feel its not going to happen".

Simple fact is they don't know. They're looking at other deals we're doing or considering and putting 2+2 together and getting 5. It confuses me how those that are well connected seem to have no info, yet those who aren't have all this massive inside info as to what's being done and said on private.

Judas

Open to offers
I admire people who genuinely think we'll get him, but it does come across a bit like positivity for positivity sake. It's not often I feel like a defeated muppet, but I do. Just being realistic.

BerryBerryShrew

Quite sure that we would agree to that if it came down to it, got too much riding on this and put too much energy into it for that to be deal-breaker. Just unfortunate that we've had one of our rivals suddenly register their interest because objectively, if its a straight decision between us and them currently, we'll lose each time
I'm beginning to get the impression that (contrary to popular belief on this forum) FdJ hasn't got an EtH shrine in his home/wallpaper on his desktop. We were sort of banking on him blindly worshipping our Walter White cosplay enthusiast really.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

We will see.
Not according to Ben Jacobs, who reported that Chelsea's overall package, including the payment of deferred wages, is similar to United's. The only real difference is that Chelsea's looking to pay ~€5m less than United are in their full offer to Barcelona.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm beginning to get the impression that (contrary to popular belief on this forum) FdJ hasn't got an EtH shrine in his home/wallpaper on his desktop. We were sort of banking on him blindly worshipping our Walter White cosplay enthusiast really.
More so I don't think we thought we had much competition, I doubt we saw Chelsea throwing around quite simply stupid money like they have. Think that's what undone us.

Speedicut75

I just don't see the point in melting down over could be situations. The journos can't even get their stories straight and those that are well connected to the club are silent. United are silent yet all these other guys are saying "United are all but out, the deal hangs by a thread, United privately feel its not going to happen".

Simple fact is they don't know. They're looking at other deals we're doing or considering and putting 2+2 together and getting 5. It confuses me how those that are well connected seem to have no info, yet those who aren't have all this massive inside info as to what's being done and said on private.
Until the fat lady signs ( or the floppy haired Dutch player opens his mouth ) it's not over.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
And we made it clear we wouldn't have spent the time if he wasn't willing to come

Both can be true, neither can be true, only one can be true
Who made it clear? On our end Romero, Jacobs and many others are basically quoting the owner who had flown to Barcelona for sit downs on several occasions.

The idea that “we wouldn’t be in this for so long if we didn’t have something” came just from assumptions about Ten Hag, right?

And now you are sending out feelers and possible bids the same way we did when we saw the writing on the wall with Kounde.

I see United fans railing at the press for “shifting blame for this to Ten Hag” … but if you don’t sign De Jong, people inside the building at United will absolutely be doing the same thing.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yeah I can't see any way he doesn't join Chelsea now, tried to keep the faith but finally been worn down by this saga and horrific ownership
But why? The journos have no more of a clue about what's happening than we do. That's easily seen by the fact they're repeating stuff over and over, day after day. It's guess work and speculation.

Chelsea are interested yes but I believe a lot of this is Barca taking the piss. That's just my opinion though. Just chill out and see all of this for what it is... speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.