Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

Why does people wants heads to roll ? Whats wrong with trying to get a good player , I dont understand . We clearly have an alternative thats just waiting for us to go for him.
The league games we play this month are so many that they will have a big impact on where we finish which will have an effect on next summer too.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Who made it clear? On our end Romero, Jacobs and many others are basically quoting the owner who had flown to Barcelona for sit downs on several occasions.

The idea that “we wouldn’t be in this for so long if we didn’t have something” came just from assumptions about Ten Hag, right?

And now you are sending out feelers and possible bids the same way we did when we saw the writing on the wall with Kounde.

I see United fans railing at the press for “shifting blame for this to Ten Hag” … but if you don’t sign De Jong, people inside the building at United will absolutely be doing the same thing.
No, it came from Mitten among others, if I remember correctly

AlexUTD

What is positive this week is that Any Mitten have been very negative on De(ferred) Jong coming to United, but it seems that he has spoken with someone in the club and now suddenly is way more optimistic about him coming here.

Judas

Open to offers
What is positive this week is that Any Mitten have been very negative on De(ferred) Jong coming to United, but it seems that he has spoken with someone in the club and now suddenly is way more optimistic about him coming here.
Aye which is rare from him, as he's a proper negative muppet generally.

cyberman

No one will think this. No one.
Of course they will. It’s a deal Woodward would make and would leak into every other deal they make elsewhere. It’s a symbol of their mentality.
If we pay the 17m then we’re mugs. Simple as that.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Who made it clear? On our end Romero, Jacobs and many others are basically quoting the owner who had flown to Barcelona for sit downs on several occasions.

The idea that “we wouldn’t be in this for so long if we didn’t have something” came just from assumptions about Ten Hag, right?

And now you are sending out feelers and possible bids the same way we did when we saw the writing on the wall with Kounde.

I see United fans railing at the press for “shifting blame for this to Ten Hag” … but if you don’t sign De Jong, people inside the building at United will absolutely be doing the same thing.
Yeah uniteds guys have been over many times too. We know chelseas owner went over for a dinner and made a few calls but thats it. He was also told no by de Jong too?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We have two young midfielders who imo have the potential to develop into the controlling/connector role ten Hag requires. Both Zidane Iqbal and Hannibal Mejbri have the potential to be that player, and Mejbri was utilised as the connector by Monaco at youth level. I think we should give both Hannibal and Zidane chances and also bring in players like Rabiot and Matheus Nunes if de Jong isn't a option.

Matt851

Mitten has often been hopelessly deluded in his reporting about United, more like a member of the club pr department than journo. He is also probably informed by someone at the club who is hopelessly deluded

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
:lol:

the desperation is what sets this saga apart from the others for me
No desperation from me. I just try to see it all rationally, which is why I don't fully believe everything that's posted, even positive stuff. They have no clue what's going on

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
We have two young midfielders who imo have the potential to develop into the controlling/connector role ten Hag requires. Both Zidane Iqbal and Hannibal Mejbri have the potential to be that player, and Mejbri was utilised as the connector by Monaco at youth level. I think we should give both Hannibal and Zidane chances and also bring in players like Rabiot and Matheus Nunes if de Jong isn't a option.
Hearing good stuff about that guy, don't suppose there are any links?

C3Pique

How do people think Chelsea are better run? Sure under Abramovic they were, but they lost their entire football operation when he sold up didn't they? Their new owner has zero experience of running a football club and has drawn plenty of fan criticism for his headless antics chasing players around Europe. If anything it's unknown how well run they will be moving forwards.

They have CL football, but not guaranteed next season. The fact is 2 of the big six will sit out the CL every year, and Chelsea right now are much closer to Spurs, Arsenal and us than City and Liverpool. Their squad isn't even that great imo - fullbacks aside it's not like their midfield or forward options are pulling up alot of trees.

This Chelsea link could be an attempt to push us into paying his 17m in one go.

That said, feck Murtough and Arnold with a spiky stick.

croadyman

Of course they will. It’s a deal Woodward would make and would leak into every other deal they make elsewhere. It’s a symbol of their mentality.
We have to pay up now or totally lose face

Judas

Open to offers
Much rather this than buy slop for the sake of it.

AlexUTD

I am defeatist because seen us miss out so many times due to these yank scumbags
I believe in you young muppet padawan! Channel all your muppet force and you will see the light again :devil: :D

Aye which is rare from him, as he's a proper negative muppet generally.
Excatly mate! Im glad that im not the only one thinking this. :cool:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Disagree we should pay up if he is THAT important to the manager

cyberman

We have to pay up now or totally lose face
Paying 17m is losing face! That shows as much cuckery as De Jong is exhibiting.
He isn’t KDB, he’s a Dutch player who has been underwhelming for Barca for a few years now.

Superunknown

Unbelievable how much some people base their life on this kind of stuff.

If we get him great if not we move on.

Chelsea are cnuts. De Jongs loss.
This is exactly where I'm at.

We're going to be a mess anyway, with or without de Jong. I'm feeling very zen about the whole thing now. :lol:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If FDJ wants to join Chelsea, thinks we’re a total mess and Barcelona are unable to register signings without him getting sold - why in the name of feck would Chelsea pay his deferred wages and the 85m euros fee? They hold all the cards. Makes zero sense.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Is it possible to see how many times the word ‘embarrassing’ has been used in this thread?

stoinz

But you agree that at no point United attracted players just based on our allure otherwise the likes of young Ramsey, young Bale, Shearer and a multitude of other players would have picked us. At all points United needed to offer the right combination of playing time, silverware prospect and money.

Sometimes it feels that many United fans embellish the past. We had SAF and he made a massive difference for our on-field performances but the rest was sometimes a struggle, that includes getting the players we wanted.
Exactly, even during Fergie's days we were regularly priced out of the market for global talent. We rarely deal in the top tier market until Woodward came in. We did broke the transfer record a few times but mostly for British players (cos of the British tax) and other Veron, I think every big transfers did well.

croadyman

Paying 17m is losing face! That shows as much cuckery as De Jong is exhibiting.
He isn’t KDB, he’s a Dutch player who has been underwhelming for Barca for a few years now.
He's Erik's top target that's why

Member 125288

There should be a riot at the stadium if he signs for Chelsea. We cannot allow that to stand as fans. The whole thing is such a joke. Huge black mark against the manager as well. Again, IF he signs for them.
What is this nonsense? Ten Hag and the club can do no more than agree a fee with Barcelona and get assurances from the player that he is open to joining. Beyond that there is absolutely nothing the club can do.

If the issues with FdJ are our current footballing status, unlikelihood of trophies and lack of CL football then that is 100% on the players for the abject dross they’ve delivered on the pitch, season after season, swanning around on massive wages like they’ve already won it all and don’t need to put in the effort, despite high-profile, successful managers being appointed to coach them.

I see a lot of posters think we’ve got some strange entitlement to top players because we’ve got history and used to be an elite team 20 years ago. Wake up; we’re no longer a top team, we can’t attract elite players (unless we offer them ridiculous wages that makes them impossible to offload in the future) and we can’t give players the chance at the one thing that should motivate them beyond all else - silverware.

Reactions: Sultan
Status
Not open for further replies.