Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mctrials23

Barca really are making every other clubs fans look like the brightest and best of society.

USREDEVIL

Sounds like they were telling him: "lower your salary dog."
And dog is usually an insult in Spainish speaking countries. Not like calling someone "dog" in the u.s. (aka bro)

Unam333

De Jong is our top target this whole summer. We won't back out now because we aren't willing to pay 17m extra. That doesn't make sense. I'm 100% positive we'll match every transfer fee Chelsea is offering, including the damn 17m in deferred wages.

Silverman

Surely we still believe we can get this done with the fact we haven't signed an alternative DM yet.
Then again, who are the people doing the believing.

cyberman

He's Erik's top target that's why
Doesn’t mean you pay anything for him.
It’s like Sancho, United were the worst in the world for not paying 100m. One of the best young players in world football, free run. If we didn’t pay 100m then all of the top clubs in world football would awaken and he’d join one of them.
This is that same logic. Talking ourselves into paying absolutely ridiculous fees for someone we have collectively talked up to stupid levels just because we’re linked with him.

Superunknown

I know every football club's fanbase will have its fair proportion of cnuts and kings, but Barcelona seem to be properly stacked up in the cnut department. There's no reasoning with them. Utterly spoilt, too. Nothing worse than a spoilt cnut.

USREDEVIL

Frenkie probably gave some wishy washy answer (aka "call me maybe") and we're like "so there is a chance!" - Now we're riding that off the cliff.

ChorltonReds

Out of interest - what actually happens if Barcelona buckle and pay him all his deferred wages (or sign something legally binding to comfirm payment over the next couple of years as long as he leaves now) and then sell him. Does that €17m they've paid/ agree to pay impact what they can pay this season and therefore registration of other players still?

ie. if they pay it, are they still stuck registration wise; or do they absolutely need him to agree a cut or further deferment to register players?

If they pay/agree to pay his wages I'm positive he'll join us.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Unless you have all the money in the world you will always need to make choices and priorities. They need defenders and especially a striker this summer first and foremost.
Those two mids are still doing great. Either find a way to extend their contracts for another year or you have the kid ready to step up.
Do they need defenders though? Azpilicueta, Silva, Koulibaly, Cucurella, Chalobah all capable of playing in their back 3

Striker yes they do need one of them but oddly hasn't appeared to be a priority for them at all this summer

Dan_F

But you agree that at no point United attracted players just based on our allure otherwise the likes of young Ramsey, young Bale, Shearer and a multitude of other players would have picked us. At all points United needed to offer the right combination of playing time, silverware prospect and money.

Sometimes it feels that many United fans embellish the past. We had SAF and he made a massive difference for our on-field performances but the rest was sometimes a struggle, that includes getting the players we wanted.
Every club has missed out on signing players at some point, so it’s hardly proving your point by naming a few. Shearer was such an outlier that he still has the Ole song chanted at him.

Separating the silverware from the allure is quite hard when you’re that dominant, but the simple fact is that we attracted Pogba, Ibra, Mhiki when we were in the Europa. Di Maria, Shaw (top English talent) were both signed without any European football at all. This year we struggled to compete with Brentford for Eriksen, had to pay absolute top money for a Ajax player and another Dutch left back for a reasonable price, but unproven.

It looks quite obvious to me that the allure has dropped off from where it was. You’re welcome to argue the semantics about how strong that allure was previously for foreign players, but it’s lessened. That’s undeniable.

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
All this torture for weeks and weeks only to be totally deflated when FDJ inevitably reaches some sort of agreement with Barca and stays put.

Why are you doing this to yourselves.

caid

I know every football club's fanbase will have its fair proportion of cnuts and kings, but Barcelona seem to be properly stacked up in the cnut department. There's no reasoning with them. Utterly spoilt, too. Nothing worse than a spoilt cnut.
I'm not sure its a numbers thing so much as them being encouraged and driven to act like cnuts.

King Eric 7

It always makes me laugh when people take a small handful of people as representative of a much broader set of people. Happens on here all the time. How many fans were abusing him?

Dan_F

Literally signed Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane last year. This window is a mess because of Murtough with his lack of planning.
We had Champions League football and finished second the season before. Those players wouldn’t be touching us this year and that’s literally backed up by one of them asking to leave for the reason of wanting to play CL football :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
All this torture for weeks and weeks only to be totally deflated when FDJ inevitably reaches some sort of agreement with Barca and stays put.

Are you using your five posts in here again Bob you boring bugger?

You can WUM elsewhere you know

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Right now I'd take that as oppose to him joining your lot

He'll soon be begging to leave when he barely plays next season

Flexdegea

You'd have to wonder about him if he stayed.

Barca antics and their fan's antics been nothing short of disgraceful.

tomaldinho1

:lol:
I'm not sure its a good sign for future clubs but im quite enjoying his nonchalance about the situation
There's pain in those eyes, a coldness, nay, acceptance. I'm sure we can crowdfund Mikky a paddleboard for the canal.

Welcome to the Europa League Frenkie.

Status
Not open for further replies.