Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYorkRed

It is really frankly absurd if Chelsea end up signing him. How have we been so ferking stupid that we couldn’t gather that the player wasn’t into joining us and chased him all summer? Makes us, and yes this 100% includes ETH, look like total fools. Shambolic.

Offsideagain

Barca are looking to raise another €500m by selling a further 25% of Barca Studios, their in house production company, to Socios.com. They have already sold 25% of their domestic tv rights, 24.5% of Barca Studios, got a sponsorship deal with Spotify and a €500m loan from Goldman Sacs but that didn’t meet the criteria with La Liga for them to register the new players they signed. If this deal goes through, then they can register the players as it will meet La Lisa’s rules.They don’t need to register players until 31st August but they want to do it by Saturday, if the deal goes through before Saturday, then they can register the seven new players they have bought. So they have the money. They are trying to lower wages in order to meet FFP both in La Liga and UEFA. Selling FDJ would help but they won’t suffer if they don’t sell him. If he refuses to take a wage cut, which he has, then their options are to loan him out , let him sit in the stand, sell him or get his agents to persuade him to take the wage cut. Latest reports suggest he is determined to stay. Check out ESPN uk for the full tale. Thanks for all the advice about reading the thousand odd pages prior to my last post, but I was correct. They don’t have to sell him but it would help them. If you’re Barca, paying FDJ’s €17m deferred wages and then perhaps getting €75m in transfer money should be a good deal, so why aren’t they doing it?

julianfr

We drop out and Chelsea have a free run to negotiate a low price. We stay in they will end up paying more
If we don't drop out this turns into a bidding war (which we lose anyways cos no CL... :rolleyes:) and Barca win due to the driven up transfer fee.

I have no beef with Chelsea so I'd rather we pull out and give them a free shot.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Barca are looking to raise another €500m by selling a further 25% of Barca Studios, their in house production company, to Socios.com. They have already sold 25% of their domestic tv rights, 24.5% of Barca Studios, got a sponsorship deal with Spotify and a €500m loan from Goldman Sacs but that didn’t meet the criteria with La Liga for them to register the new players they signed. If this deal goes through, then they can register the players as it will meet La Lisa’s rules.They don’t need to register players until 31st August but they want to do it by Saturday, if the deal goes through before Saturday, then they can register the seven new players they have bought. So they have the money. They are trying to lower wages in order to meet FFP both in La Liga and UEFA. Selling FDJ would help but they won’t suffer if they don’t sell him. If he refuses to take a wage cut, which he has, then their options are to loan him out , let him sit in the stand, sell him or get his agents to persuade him to take the wage cut. Latest reports suggest he is determined to stay. Check out ESPN uk for the full tale. Thanks for all the advice about reading the thousand odd pages prior to my last post, but I was correct. They don’t have to sell him but it would help them. If you’re Barca, paying FDJ’s €17m deferred wages and then perhaps getting €75m in transfer money should be a good deal, so why aren’t they doing it?
Because the player doesn't want to leave and this has been the case since the beginning despite how deluded some posters are. We can agree a fee with as many clubs as we like and offer to pay him the deferred wages - even if the buying club agree to pay it, if the player doesn't want the move it's meaningless. It's naïve to think the only reason the transfer hasn't happened is solely down to deferred wages. Chelsea will only submit their offer once Frenkie gives them the green light.

His agent, United, Barca, Chelsea, everyone but Frenkie is keen on the move.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Imagine people outside your job telling you to lower your salary as you went inside

Gandalf

Do they need defenders though? Azpilicueta, Silva, Koulibaly, Cucurella, Chalobah all capable of playing in their back 3

Striker yes they do need one of them but oddly hasn't appeared to be a priority for them at all this summer
They do actually. With the departure of Alonso Cucurella will be played at LB and only play CB in emergency and similarly Azpi is the alternative to James on the right absent a new signing. Chalobah had a decent season last year but there have been stories about him leaving all summer, they kept him last year for lack of alternatives and may do again this year but he is below the level they want. That leaves Silva and Koulibaly as dedicated CBs for a team that likes to play 3 at the back and both are the wrong side of 30, Silva is closer to 40 and had a lot of injury issues last season with Tuchel even admitting he can't play more than 1 game a week at best. To complete their rebuild they need Fofana now and need a replacement for Silva next year most likely and will also need a replacement for Azpi sooner rather than later. Striker is a major issue for them but as you rightly point out, Tuchel seems almost disinterested and determined to serve up dire 1-0 snorefests all year if he can get his backline in shape.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Would you fecking leave Barca already you spineless tit. They don't want you anymore. He's that overly attached girlfriend meme.

TsuWave

just tell him one year without CL isn’t that big a deal, offer him better wages than Chelsea and throw some indecent signing fee to his agent :wenger:

mu4c_20le

This saga would be absolutely hilarious if we weren't involved in it

davidmichael

Is this now the longest thread in CAF history ? On topic though and if we’re actually that desperate for De Jong we should simply offer him a crazy wage, signing on fee and offer his agent a massive fee as all we have else to offer is ETH and him being the main man.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Is this now the longest thread in CAF history ? On topic though and if we’re actually that desperate for De Jong we should simply offer him a crazy wage, signing on fee and offer his agent a massive fee as all we have else to offer is ETH and him being the main man.
Longest transfer thread, yeah

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Would you fecking leave Barca already you spineless tit. They don't want you anymore. He's that overly attached girlfriend meme.
Wouldn't surprise me if his fiancee was pulling a lot of the strings here, telling him that she refuses to go. I bet she's even said its England or Me... just kidding. I do think she'll play a part though

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
If you must insult the player, that certainly doesn’t apply here does it? He’s very clearly standing up against a horrible and unjust situation and he’s doing so with a lot of dignity. Maybe think before you post.

Superunknown

Wouldn't surprise me if his fiancee was pulling a lot of the strings here, telling him that she refuses to go. I bet she's even said its England or Me... just kidding. I do think she'll play a part though
I imagine a scene like this playing out, right before he signs for us:

"For England, Frenkie?"

Unam333

The question becomes, is Man Utd De Jong's top destination? Takes two to tango and all that
It's his choice of course, but we won't back out like some reports say and we will do everything in our power to persuade him. We will match Chelsea's offer, 100% We invested too much time and effort into this transfer.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
If you must insult the player, that certainly doesn’t apply here does it? He’s very clearly standing up against a horrible and unjust situation and he’s doing so with a lot of dignity. Maybe think before you post.
If we are going to be serious about it (I wasnt really), let's be honest and realise he is standing up for only 1 thing. Or rather, 19 million things.

And I never think before I post, don't be silly.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Loving this saga. May it stroll on through calm and storms. This is what transfer season is all about.

Will he sign Barcelonas new contract?

Will he retire at 25?

Will he get Liam Neeson in, who has a very particular set of skills, especially marketing skills.

Will he feature in the next Dwane Johnson movie. Babewatch in Hollywood?

Anything can happen at this point. Excited to see what happens next.

GloryHunter07

Good post

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
If we are going to be serious about it (I wasnt really), let's be honest and realise he is standing up for only 1 thing. Or rather, 19 million things.
I have no problem with that personally when he was contractually entitled to it before he deferred to help the club. They are treating him appallingly.

Utd7

Simply think he's more interested in going to Chelsea than us, not much more to it really.
Exactly and it objectively makes sense. Why would FDJ leave a poorly run club with instability for another poorly run club with instability + lacking ambition from ownership?

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
just tell him one year without CL isn’t that big a deal, offer him better wages than Chelsea and throw some indecent signing fee to his agent :wenger:
You are making a very large assumption when you say one year without CL.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Nope.

The Ole 2021/22 thread beats it by almost 400 pages.

The Trump thread has nearly 3000 pages.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/caf-longest-thread.471819/#post-29173320
The Trump Presidency thread had over 2800 pages

too slow

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I have no problem with that personally when he was contractually entitled to it before he deferred to help the club. They are treating him appallingly.
Oh yeah I actually agree. I just really want him to sign for United. I absolutely love him as a player and Barcelona are a bunch of cnuts. Not just because of this, but the entire mes que un club rubbish has been doing my head in for ages.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Seems clear as day he’s going to sign for that plastic club in London. The meltdown on here will be biblical.

Status
Not open for further replies.