Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestie07

I guess one of Chelsea's midfielders will become available if they sign de Jong. Wouldn't mind any of them personally - Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Gallagher - they should all improve us significantly.

Still don't understand why Chelsea want to spend a huge fee and huge wages on someone who would at best be an incremental upgrade on what they already have. I understand that Jorginho and Kante are getting on a bit, but they are still good for a year and Chelsea can wait and assess the market next year, they should be able to get much better deals than this one. De Jong, as transformative as he could be for United because of our complete lack of press resistant midfielders, is not going to be a game changer for Chelsea.

ROFLUTION

I initially scoffed abit at this thinking no chance. But even professional footballers need to feel loved. I’m not actually sure he would at Chelsea ( he would be welcomed , fans would be excited but it feels like just another player coming in for big money)

just looking at this thread you can see this subsection of the Utd fan base viewed him as the white knight who would ride in to save there midfield. I think that may play on the players mind and he could choose you over us in that respect.
The obvious big plus for you is Champions League and winning lately, but yeah for instance Timo Werner has been a bit of a object for dislike in your fanbase.

Personally this is one of my favorite videos :lol: Happened just after you won the CL and fans were allowed to speak/applaud the team on the PA-system live on Stamford Bridge

“Get Werner out the club”

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Thanks for clarifying, I thought they had to release them.
No player will sit at the club with no chance of playing any games, surely they will break the contract and move on, what does that say about the player if he stays and not registered?
Hopefully they got a signing bonus paid up front from Barca, that would be the perfect outcome from this.
This is Barca you are talking about. They have probably been promised a signing bonus.

But now Laporta is only offering them a bag of balls, albeit Nike PL Official balls since they were never registered and the signing bonus was dependent on them being registered.

They can also keep the Barca kit they have worn so far as souvenirs on top of the bag of balls.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
All while still wanting to sign Bernardo Silva, even if they sell FDJ how does that solve previous aforementioned problems and the purchase of Silva? Mind blowing.
Fans not kicking up a fuss either, the club has leveraged so much of its potential income, serious debt levels and operating at a loss, yet its the players fault for signing contracts for agreed wages?
And folks think we are the worst run club in the world!

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Barca are certainly cutting this fine as the players they sell will need medicals which are usually spread over two days. Can't see them being able to play their new players at the weekend.

stoinz

And folks think we are the worst run club in the world!
This is not something that we should be proud of. We are definitely not the worst run club, in fact commercially we are doing very well. Just the football side of things where we have wasted so much money down the years and never seems to learn that makes us frustrated.

Back on topic, honestly think there wouldn't be so much uproar at their shenanigans if we had never gotten involve with FDJ. The media knows Man Utd news sells and just jump on it. These days my twitter feed has much more Barca news that before and not all of them had anything to do with FDJ. Not sure if it is their bad luck or ours that they are under so much scrutiny.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
@RDCR07

Frenkie left, Kovacic right.

Another part of why it doesn’t make sense for him to go to Chelsea. His and Kovacic’s profiles are extremely similar. I’d say Kovacic is a better dribbler and a bit more robust, but Frenkie is a bit better under the press and a bit more of a forward venturer.

Mainoldo

Absolutely no mention of De Jong

Because if it hasn’t been obvious already Chelsea are being used as bait. That guy Ben Jacobs said he gets information from Chelsea and has spoken to Laporta. He has no Manchester United intel but he knows United have admitted defeat. It‘s all bull like us getting Savic.

Laurencio

I am long suspecting Barca is creating smokescreen of chelsea to make united fork out money they owe Frenkie. Let's see how this goes. That day is not too far.
Based on Barca's actions this window, they will deploy every trick in the book to avoid paying Frenkie what he is owed for as long as possible.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
They played in the preseason matches. So I doubt if they need medicals. Been done already
No buying club will rely on the selling club to inform them that all is OK medically. United will need to put FDJ through a two day medical and I'm pretty sure will need to apply for a work permit

Acquire Me

That doesn't even bare thinking about. Worst outcome possible. ETH won't last the season if he tries to continue with McFred.

Not sure if you're tongue in cheek here or trying your old "ITK" act?
I am amazed how low people think of us, that’s all. I feel confident that we will beat Chelsea if he moves from Barca. We are not in the CL, but we will be soon enough. We are a much bigger club than them and we got a excellent manager in EtH.

So yes, if it’s between us and Chelsea, we will show everyone who we are.

So no tongue in cheek or itk act. It’s pure confidence in us. Can end in tears though.

Laurencio

Because if it hasn’t been obvious already Chelsea are being used as bait. That guy Ben Jacobs said he gets information from Chelsea and has spoken to Laporta. He has no Manchester United intel but he knows United have admitted defeat. It‘s all bull like us getting Savic.
Barca's strategy is to drum up false connections with a player our manager has a direct number/WhatsApp to in order to make us pay more? Gotta say, that sounds like a very stupid strategy - I guess they are targeting our fanbase and hoping that they can drive it into such a frenzy that we pay w/e?

Matt851

I am amazed how low people think of us, that’s all. I feel confident that we will beat Chelsea if he moves from Barca. We are not in the CL, but we will be soon enough. We are a much bigger club than them and we got a excellent manager in EtH.

So no tongue in cheek or itk act. It’s pure confidence in us. Can end in tears though.
How could you watch Sundays performance and think we will be I the champions league next season?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Actaully does give me a little hope that Chelsea links are to pressure United to stump up his wages.
I would really like to believe that, but as they say, no smoke without fire. And there's been a lot of smoke about Chelsea. Although, to be fair, a lot of that smoke has been vague and conjecture, so who knows what's really going on with that mess.
At this point I'm expecting nothing to happen and the window just closing like it is, with Frenkie on high wages at Barca and them performing some voodoo magic to register all players including Silva

Mainoldo

Barca's strategy is to drum up false connections with a player our manager has a direct number/WhatsApp to in order to make us pay more? Gotta say, that sounds like a very stupid strategy - I guess they are targeting our fanbase and hoping that they can drive it into such a frenzy that we pay w/e?
If someone kept telling you your partner was cheating even though you live in the same house would you not be suspicious?

Even if they told you it’s not true?

There’s your answer.

Tweek

Absolutely no mention of De Jong

Plot-twist: After being turned down by FDJ's camp, Chelsea are now allowing Barca to use their name to pressure United in exchange for an easy run at Auba.

Man, I need to start a twitter account...

Counterfactual

... tears of joy, right? Muppetry is a passionate business!

Status
Not open for further replies.