Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

He’s not coming. Barcelona doing crowdfunding initiatives to keep the lights on. It’s over. A few more gofundmes and they will be able to keep him

:lol:

Imagine rival fans pay few hundred, so they can kick the shit out of rival players.

Creative though. I wish we can play with the like of Lingard, Maguire, Rashford... for few hundred.

Deery

Dreary
How many players are they expecting to let play on the pitch?

If they play 24 60 minute games back to back on both dates, at €300 a head, that is what - a littler over €600k?

Hardly enough to help them out the hole they're in. They'd need to hold these fan games all summer long.
Closer to 300k is it not.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Not worried by his hesitation to join us. In fact, it shows that he has some ambition. Removing our Man Utd-tinted glasses, this is our reality this summer - if we want players to come in and take us up a level, they will most likely be players who need some convincing to do so. I would rather spend some time convincing the likes of De Jong than going for an average player who wants to play for us. We already have McTominay.

AdNani

Not worried by his hesitation to join us. In fact, it shows that he has some ambition. Removing our Man Utd-tinted glasses, this is our reality this summer - if we want players to come in and take us up a level, they will most likely be players who need some convincing to do so. I would rather spend some time convincing the likes of De Jong than going for an average player who wants to play for us. We already have McTominay.
Nonono your not doing it right,

'What a joke... Di Maria... we never learn.... joke club...Murtough shite...

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He’s not coming. Barcelona doing crowdfunding initiatives to keep the lights on. It’s over. A few more gofundmes and they will be able to keep him

The moment the Glazers start organising similar events then we know we are doomed.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
United fans had a free kick about last year. Granted we broke in but still.

RedDevil@84

Why don't they start a gofundme campaign? Surely fans over the world are idiots enough to pay up.

Telsim

If we buy him for €90m euros, he will be the new Pogba.

An expensive flop that will not live up to expectations nor perform for us. Will not make a difference to our fortunes and the team we buy him from will win trophies/make UCL finals before us.

Bookmark it.
I agree with this. Always the same thing going for these high profile super expensive transfers.

We will chase him the entire summer window. Then he will either join right before the end for an exorbitant fee and on eye-watering wages and will turn out to be a flop and not give a shit. Or he will refuse to join and we will once again scramble to find an alternative and buy third-rate Joe Bloggs for 40 million at the last minute.

Meanwhile rivals team will do their due diligence, scout some up and coming talent and nab them for a decent fee. And when they prove to be a success we will be sat wondering why we got De Jong instead of them.

It is unfortunate him and Timber don't want to join and I fully expect and understand their doubts. But at the same time we can't afford to waste time. If they don't want to come here, move on. There are other players out there and they might come cheaper. We need our scouting to be on point for that.

Bestietom

I agree with this. Always the same thing going for these high profile super expensive transfers.

We will chase him the entire summer window. Then he will either join right before the end for an exorbitant fee and on eye-watering wages and will turn out to be a flop and not give a shit. Or he will refuse to join and we will once again scramble to find an alternative and buy third-rate Joe Bloggs for 40 million at the last minute.

Meanwhile rivals team will do their due diligence, scout some up and coming talent and nab them for a decent fee. And when they prove to be a success we will be sat wondering why we got De Jong instead of them.

It is unfortunate him and Timber don't want to join and I fully expect and understand their doubts. But at the same time we can't afford to waste time. If they don't want to come here, move on. There are other players out there and they might come cheaper. We need our scouting to be on point for that.
Exactly, no good chasing dead horses. If they don't want to come here, move on. Please Ten Hag, don't make same mistakes as we did in the past.

Bestietom

He already made his first mistake by joining us.
You think so. I think he will do well for us if he is backed. Transfers will need to be done much quicker than in the past. Woodward and Judge took ages to complete a transfer, and 1 at a time.

Bondi77

If by some miracle we do nab Frenkie I would be intrigued to see his first interview on MUTV with questions like;
So have you always wanted to play for Manchester United Frenkie?
What made you want to come to Utd Frenkie?
The mind boggles!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If by some miracle we do nab Frenkie I would be intrigued to see his first interview on MUTV with questions like;
The mind boggles!
They wouldn't ask him the first question. The MUTV would already done their research of what questions they shouldn't ask. The second one would be easy answer, Erik ten Hag. He would say, I was shown his project and his plan, right away I was convinced if I would leave Barcelona that would be to come here. Or something like that.

red_de_pologne

The mind boggles!
Barcelona will always have a special place in my heart, I enjoyed my time there but now I'm fully focus and excited about my future here at this great club with great history etc. etc.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The mind boggles!
Its very easy to answer these questions. He can always say ManUtd is the PL club he wanted to play.

Joseunited

The mind boggles!
Has he ever said he doesn't want to play for United?
He's a Barcelona player and until he's told (which I reckon will happen) that he has to leave,he's always going to say he wants to play for Barcelona but i don't think he's ever said he doesn't fancy United.
If anything once he's told he has to leave Barcelona because of the finances he can say United is a big project to get us back where we belong.
Ten Hag has big pulling power etc etc.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If Fabrizio Tap-in artist Romano is to be believed, we put in a bid of E85million for Frenkie which would be like 2/3rd of our budget.
He is that critical to ETH's philosophy? Does he think Martial is saveable then ie no budget left for a striker this summer and so I assume the balance of the budget on a defender or RB or both.

Interesting times.

gajender

If Fabrizio Tap-in artist Romano is to be believed, we put in a bid of E85million for Frenkie which would be like 2/3rd of our budget.
He is that critical to ETH's philosophy? Does he think Martial is saveable then ie no budget left for a striker this summer and so I assume the balance of the budget on a defender or RB or both.

Interesting times.
No United didn't its what Barca Value De Jong at according to Romano .

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Interesting times.
We didn't put in any bid.

King29

It is funny that as a fanbase we crap on management for:
A) buying big name players
B) players who may not want to be at united
C) midfielders who don't have a clear cut position

Then FDJ links come up which tick all the above boxes and we jump on the hype train.

Not saying he's a bad signing but interesting to reflect on :lol:

Someone

Something

Then FDJ links come up which tick all the above boxes and we jump on the hype train.

I think the big issue here is that he keeps making it clear that he doesn't want to leave, he might end up being pushed out and sign for United, but it's understandable that after recent failures the fans want someone who'd love to be here.

Mmm-Qatarian

Only B actually makes sense as a concern when signing a player.

There's nothing inherently wrong with signing "big name" players. The issue we've had is signing them just for the sake of it, with no regard for how they'll fit into our system. The same goes for "midfielders who don't have a clear cut position"; what's important is whether or not you feel the attributes the player has to offer are a good match for the system you want to implement.

Platitudes like "we shouldn't sign big name players" are a load of nonsense, honestly. It's based on the idea that the likes of Pogba, Di Maria and Sanchez failed to deliver here simply because they were big names. This is an idea entirely based on conjecture, and the far more likely explanation is that they weren't conducive to the style of football we were trying to play or simply that they were declining as players when we bought them.

Ruud89

I really don't want someone who does not want to come here .

Just get Neves please. I'm a fan of him.

captaincantona

Neves wants to go to Barca. On this logic we will have to go for John McGinn - although even that is doubtful!

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Excellent footballer glad there's a chance he could be a United player come next season.

Ruud89

Barcelona will always have a special place in my heart, I enjoyed my time there but now I'm fully focus and excited about my future here at this great club with great history etc. etc.
They wouldn't ask him the first question. The MUTV would already done their research of what questions they shouldn't ask. The second one would be easy answer, Erik ten Hag. He would say, I was shown his project and his plan, right away I was convinced if I would leave Barcelona that would be to come here. Or something like that.
Its very easy to answer these questions. He can always say ManUtd is the PL club he wanted to play.
He can say whatever he wants but we all know its lies. The fact is he does not want to leave Barcelona and the only way he will come here is if he is forced out by them and no other big club wants him. That's the truth whether people like it or not.

And I won't be surprised if we splash out £80 million for him. Sounds like something dumb that we will do. Jesus.

Neves wants to go to Barca. On this logic we will have to go for John McGinn - although even that is doubtful!
Maybe but that doesn't mean Barca will make a bid for him. Neves will probably cost half of FDJ. Don't know what we are waiting for tbh.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I would say it's better to find player that wants to play for the manager than player that wants to play for the club. Player that wants to play for the manager wouldn't throw his manager under the bus and will stick behind the manager thoughout hard period and will listen to the manager's instruction and accept his style of management. Player that plays for the club would easily throw his manager under the bus and can have self ego by refusing to listen the manager because he doesn't rate the manager. Wants an example? Look at what happened to Fergie boys when Moyes was in charged and I remember Evra said he came to Moyes's office to tell him what he shouldn't be doing because that's not how Sir Alex does. Is that bad thing or good thing? Depends but I think it's only good thing if the player wants to play for the manager. If De Jong comes here means he wants to play for the manager.

poleglass red

I'm not really buying into that. If he jumped at the chance to join us, I'm sure some would say he is only coming for the money. He's a dutch lad, he wasn't a Utd fan growing up, we just finished 6th in the league, no champs league football. He plays for his boyhood team, they just finished 2nd and will genuinely challenge for their title next season. I think the only reason he is even considering us, is his connection with ETH.I am glad he is not rushing in, I'm sure he wants a commitment on where the club is going, what it will do to achieve that etc. It's well known the running of the club is recent seasons has been a shambles.He's 25, this next move will see him come into his prime. If he does sign for us, it will be for the right reasons

VanDeBank

Ma’am

He does have a clear cut position. As a 6, preferably in a double pivot, but definitely as a 6. Barring playing in a 2, he does fine on his own, like when he single handedly beat the German press after Koopmeiners got subbed off for Klaassen.

He's not a box to box player regardless of what a few folk who've never watched him say. Nor is he someone that can't defend like Pogba. That myth originates from stats taken out of context. He does play b2b at Barca because they didn't have anyone else for those positions prior to Pedri and Gavi breaking through. (who were underaged for most of FDJ's stint at Barca). In addition they have Busquets, one of the greats who specializes as a DM in a 4-3-3.

Holland have yet to lose a game under LVG with F. De Jong playing as the DM.

He's a holding midfielder that has a bit more creative freedom in a 2 man pivot. That's it. It's that simple.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He can say whatever he wants but we all know its lies. The fact is he does not want to leave Barcelona and the only way he will come here is if he is forced out by them and no other big club wants him. That's the truth whether people like it or not.
PSG and Bayern are linked with him. Him doesn't want to leave Barcelona, being forced to leave, and his choice if he leaves is to play for ten Hag. So what's wrong with that then?

Status
Not open for further replies.