Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I'm starting to believe that the chances of him staying are growing slimmer and slimmer by the day.
The relationship is breaking down big time now it seems

Paul778

Barca can postulate all they want, but ultimately if they want FDJ to leave they need to offer him an incentive to.

I was going to say its brinksmanship but it really isn't since that implies that both parties are taking a risk to see who backs down first. That is not the case here - if Frenkie or his agents want to, they can storm out of contact meetings for the next two years and it wouldn't matter. As long as he fulfils his footballing obligations, Barca have no option but to pay the already agreed salary.

And good luck nullifying a standard employment contract because you don't like the previous management team!

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I'm starting to believe that the chances of him staying are growing slimmer and slimmer by the day.
The relationship is breaking down big time now it seems
He was never going to stay mate, Laporta and Barca decided before the window opened he needed to go and they will stop at nothing to force him out by fair means or foul.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
I am starting to believe again that this really is all about 17 million pounds in deferred wages, it's too crazy not to be at this point.
I think Barca, on the edge of not being able to register players 1 DAY before kick off, would just pay the deferred wages by now. :houllier: United and Chelsea are also apparently willing to pay them. Frenkie really does seem intent on staying no matter what. Although it fecks Barca, I do commend him for staring adversity in the face.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
FDJ and his agents hold all the cards, that's been the reality all summer.

Barca are trying to force him to do something he doesn't want to do, and all FDJ's agent has to do is hang up the phone in response.

Chief123

I think Barca, on the edge of not being able to register players 1 DAY before kick off, would just pay the deferred wages by now. :houllier: United and Chelsea are also apparently willing to pay them. Frenkie really does seem intent on staying no matter what.
If FDJ is intent on staying and not taking a wage cut, then his agent doesn’t really need a meeting then does he? What exactly are they meeting about? FDJ can just carry on as normal and not do anything.

The agent and Barca are clearly trying to come to some resolution which is based on him leaving the club on satisfactory terms. He’s already stated he isn’t taking a pay cut so they aren’t talking about that.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Barca are trying to force him to do something he doesn't want to do, and all FDJ's agent has to do is hang up the phone in response.
I’d like to see him actually go to the meeting but whenever Barca talk about reduced wages, he sticks his fingers in his ears and shouts “la la la la, I can’t hear you!”

And that would STILL be less ridiculous than Barcas behaviour to date.

Marcus

I think United are just sitting pretty. Waiting for Barca to cave to pay Frankie or go bust (we benefit either way). While we are desperate for Frankie, this really is not our problem. I also doubt Chelsea are willing to pay his wages (as a point of principle) or he would probably already be gone. He surely cannot want to stay at Barca with the blood being so bad. So we wait.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

Yes and no - whilst you're right that it's Barca's issue to get FdJ off their books, with the world cup a couple of months away, De Jong will want to have been playing regular first team football.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
He was never going to stay mate, Laporta and Barca decided before the window opened he needed to go and they will stop at nothing to force him out by fair means or foul.
But i think it's coming to a point where he's going to have to realise the game is up and it's time to go.
I just think that at some point he's going to have to make a compromise on the money that he's owed, i really don't think barca will give it to him. They are the definition of scummy

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think United are just sitting pretty. Waiting for Barca to cave to pay Frankie or go bust (we benefit either way). While we are desperate for Frankie, this really is not our problem. I also doubt Chelsea are willing to pay his wages (as a point of principle) or he would probably already be gone. He surely cannot want to stay at Barca with the blood being so bad. So we wait.
We ain’t sitting pretty. We are desperate. It is our problem if we can’t sign him. We can’t wait forever cause we are digging a bigger grave by the end by not getting FDJ and not getting anyone else in.

theklr

Yes and no - whilst you're right that it's Barca's issue to get FdJ off their books, with the world cup a couple of months away, De Jong will want to have been playing regular first team football.
Was thinking this as well, but I think his national team spot is so secure he’d probably get it nevertheless

Someone

Something

I don't think he'll play one minute between now and the end of the month. All this pressure in addition to not playing will get to him eventually.

He'll 100% leave, it's just a matter of us or Chelsea at this point.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Which he will do if he stays at Barcelona because they have a lot of matches, FDJ is one of their best midfielders, and Xavi desperately wants to win things.

Barca did the same thing with Dembele in January - lots of noise about how he had no future with the club, Laporta and Alemany even outright saying that he wouldn't play for Barcelona again if he didn't accept a move...and then of course he plays all the key matches in the spring because the team needs to win.

caid

Barca can postulate all they want, but ultimately if they want FDJ to leave they need to offer him an incentive to.

I was going to say its brinksmanship but it really isn't since that implies that both parties are taking a risk to see who backs down first. That is not the case here - if Frenkie or his agents want to, they can storm out of contact meetings for the next two years and it wouldn't matter. As long as he fulfils his footballing obligations, Barca have no option but to pay the already agreed salary.

And good luck nullifying a standard employment contract because you don't like the previous management team!
Its this. Hes going to make about 55m in the next 2 years. His only competition in his position is 34 year old Busquets. They needed his cooperation to make a deal, the way they've gone about getting it is so incredibly badly judged.
I dont think hes moving. I dont even think the 20m they owe would change his mind at this point.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Imagine If people thought it was frenkie but we've been trying to buy memphis all this time lool

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Where's the "things are happening" punchline? I fully expect him to tweet that "Barcelona expect a player with medium-high b*llock size will leave" next. Absolute clown.
This are happening... deep deeeeeep down things are happening and coming to the surface.

Thats his next tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.