Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
According to ESPN, 10 hrs ago, De Jongs agents made “Clear” he had no interest in leaving Barcelona. That was after talking to the United people. Then he made his agents go on instagram and post those cheesy shots of the strong arm on fire with Frenkie dedicated to the Barca cause.

From what I understand they would have been happy to talk to us as well, but we have taken a different approach than you. We let them know money would t be an issue and made sure that the terms were discussed, but we aren’t doing anything formal or announcing “agreed terms” with any one entity until Frenkie says “I am willing to leave Barcelona”.

One tweet on UtdPlug (the feed you guys have been linking) said De Jongs agent has been pushing for his departure and offering him to multiple clubs for many months. That tweet was back on 5/24/22.

I can’t imagine Frenkie was thrilled with any of those “agreed terms” stories. If there is a team closer to handling this the way Frenkie wants I think it would be Chelsea.

He doesn’t want to be the “greedy” player that spurned Barca for a team he had been plotting to join for months.

He wants to make sure everyone knows he IS a Barca guy, until the team tells him otherwise, and then maybe a CL contender will come along with no previous agreement and swoop in to give him a top team to play for.

That is a MUCH better story. This a PR battle as much a financial one now.

He is going to make Xavi and/or Laporte get on a public podium and say “Frenkie De Jong MUST leave Barcelona” or he simply is going to about his business.

I think the leaks of “teammates” saying he would prefer Chelsea to United were meant to draw us in and make De Jong look like a greedy mercenary waiting for highest bidder. But Boehly is a smart guy and he’s talked to Frenkie a number of times. I think he gets where he is coming from:

“Off limits until Frenkie (not anyone else) says otherwise”

Allowing yourselves to be pulled into the Barca angle of this storyline is t going to help you with Frenkie.
Pretty much in agreement with this.

I will add, on the deferred wage issue as people continue to think it's that simple: There is no way this is the only thing delaying a deal, absolutely no way. Barca almost failed to register the signings yesterday and in order to do so, another lever had to be activated. I know it's becoming a meme at this point but really, do people honestly believe Laporta would rather sell off more of the clubs future revenue instead of just paying 17 mil to a player Barca desperately want to leave? I very much doubt it.

Both clubs are willing to pay the deferred wages. Chelsea enquired with the player and were shut down. United have an agreement with Barca and his agent, apparently. I've said before there were actually reports that Frenkie and his actual agent were in conflict; the agent wants the move whilst the player doesn't. Both seem to be working in tandem now as Dursun didn't even turn up at a scheduled meeting with Barca officials.

Anyways, Barca have registered all players except Kounde who isn't match fit yet, he'll be registered next week once Memphis and possibly Auba leave, potentially more exits with Dest also. Another option is Pique and Busquets changing their contracts but I would think and hope it won't come to that. The desperation on our part is pretty much over though. It's done.

If Frenkie leaves, we'll probably sign Bernardo Silva. If he stays, well he better start performing. Tomorrow is a big day for this saga, imo if Xavi starts him he'll end up staying.

Reactions: Sultan

Knightmare7

It’s tough. I love de Jong, but there’s just too much flying around to know what is actually going on in his head, and that’s all that matters at this point. No point in trying to force a transfer if he doesn’t want to be here, but we have no evidence he has ever said that. Still, if he actually wanted a move, why wait until this late in the game?

Although anything is possible, it seems like he’ll stay. Whereas Sancho always felt like a matter ‘when’ instead of ‘if,’ I’ve got a feeling we might be setting ourselves up for disappointment. Man he’d be a fantastic player to have

TheReligion

Abusive
According to ESPN, 10 hrs ago, De Jongs agents made “Clear” he had no interest in leaving Barcelona. That was after talking to the United people. Then he made his agents go on instagram and post those cheesy shots of the strong arm on fire with Frenkie dedicated to the Barca cause.

From what I understand they would have been happy to talk to us as well, but we have taken a different approach than you. We let them know money would t be an issue and made sure that the terms were discussed, but we aren’t doing anything formal or announcing “agreed terms” with any one entity until Frenkie says “I am willing to leave Barcelona”.

One tweet on UtdPlug (the feed you guys have been linking) said De Jongs agent has been pushing for his departure and offering him to multiple clubs for many months. That tweet was back on 5/24/22.

I can’t imagine Frenkie was thrilled with any of those “agreed terms” stories. If there is a team closer to handling this the way Frenkie wants I think it would be Chelsea.

He doesn’t want to be the “greedy” player that spurned Barca for a team he had been plotting to join for months.

He wants to make sure everyone knows he IS a Barca guy, until the team tells him otherwise, and then maybe a CL contender will come along with no previous agreement and swoop in to give him a top team to play for.

He is going to make Xavi and/or Laporte get on a public podium and say “Frenkie De Jong MUST leave Barcelona” or he simply is going to about his business.

I think the leaks of “teammates” saying he would prefer Chelsea to United were meant to draw us in and make De Jong look like a greedy mercenary waiting for highest bidder. But Boehly is a smart guy and he’s talked to Frenkie a number of times. I think he gets where he is coming from:

Allowing yourselves to be pulled into the Barca angle of this storyline is t going to help you with Frenkie.
Interesting take but the majority is just your opinion.

We know that Chelsea haven’t even spoken to FDJ’s agents, which is quite important in understanding player interest. Infact it seems they’ve cut them out totally which could be seen as quite disrespectful.

Additionally Chelsea don’t have an agreement on the fee with Barca and it’s been reported if they bid they will try to offer less.

United have both agreements with club and the players agent whilst Chelsea, at this point, have nothing.

Obviously that could all change but it’s clear Chelsea have had no indication whatsoever that there’s a deal to be done whilst United maintain they have. The rest is guesswork.

HayabusaUtd

Best Thing for him right now is Frenkie stays at Barcelona and mugs them off. No way he's joining Utd this summer. We have to accept that. If he's forced out of Barca it will make Barca look like the garbagehouse club they are.

And lets be real. FDJ will be a player both Utd and Chelsea will go for Next year as well. Hopefully we make top 4 because if we do It would make signing him much much easier

Also If it came down to wages..we should be able to blow Chelsea out of the water. And no way in hell Chelsea gonna pay him 400k+ a Week.

croadyman

Pretty much in agreement with this.

I will add, on the deferred wage issue as people continue to think it's that simple: There is no way this is the only thing delaying a deal, absolutely no way. Barca almost failed to register the signings yesterday and in order to do so, another lever had to be activated. I know it's becoming a meme at this point but really, do people honestly believe Laporta would rather sell off more of the clubs future revenue instead of just paying 17 mil to a player Barca desperately want to leave? I very much doubt it.

Both clubs are willing to pay the deferred wages. Chelsea enquired with the player and were shut down. United have an agreement with Barca and his agent, apparently. I've said before there were actually reports that Frenkie and his actual agent were in conflict; the agent wants the move whilst the player doesn't. Both seem to be working in tandem now as Dursun didn't even turn up at a scheduled meeting with Barca officials.

Anyways, Barca have registered all players except Kounde who isn't match fit yet, he'll be registered next week once Memphis and possibly Auba leave, potentially more exits with Dest also. Another option is Pique and Busquets changing their contracts but I would think and hope it won't come to that. The desperation on our part is pretty much over though. It's done.

If Frenkie leaves, we'll probably sign Bernardo Silva. If he stays, well he better start performing. Tomorrow is a big day for this saga, imo if Xavi starts him he'll end up staying.
Yeah I fear he starts tonight, even just being on the bench would suggest he's staying as well.

TheLord

I am convinced that FDJ will stay at Barca. The media got their clicks, the Twitteratti their views, and we were sucked into it as if it were a real thing. For the mental peace of many at the Caf, this thread should be closed.
Well done Barca - you got all the publicity (good and bad) for absolutely free and came out on top!

croadyman

I am convinced that FDJ will stay at Barca. The media got their clicks, the Twitteratti their views, and we were sucked into it as if it were a real thing. For the mental peace of many at the Caf, this thread should be closed.
Well done Barca - you got all the publicity (good and bad) for absolutely free and came out on top!
Least he won't be playing against us

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I was sure there was going to some be developments in Frenkie Friday, I guess I was wrong :(

GinobiliTheGOAT

Cheers, this has been an incredible transfer window. Best of luck to United this season, it’s early days and I think ETH will be great.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
A Chelsea fan that is also a fan of Dolly Parton? Either American or a hacker!
American. I don’t generally like country music, but Dolly had an amazing voice, and my mother loved to sing that song in particular.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

Anyone who genuinely believes Boehly/Eghbali havent had talks with Barca and FDJ's reps, is extremely naive.

The price is probably agreed verbally, but not being made formal until, as you say, he shows a willingness to go. [which is what majority of outlets are saying] Utd agreed a deal 12 weeks ago roughly; and haven't got anywhere with it since, really. So for us to formally bid now, is futile. We'll be in the exact same boat.

I think it was Mundo who reported last night FDJ's agent has now left Barca, and until FDJ decides to leave, there will be no meetings. So if true, it really does look like he is staying

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
You clearly didn't read my post or else you wouldn't post such utter drivel.
The question does stand though, if he doesn't perform what on earth are you going to do? And its likely he won't perform optimally for you as his ideal position and role doesn't exist in Xavis set up.

Also, isn't his wage going to cause a similar issue next season with restricting player signings? From the outside looking in youce added around 6-700 million income from levers this year, why is this not required next year if the wage bill is still sky high?

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I am nearing the point of being totally convinced as well. But just playing it being in the bench for a game means nothing with this situation. Remember, we have entered the PR war.

They STILL want him to take that pay cut. He still refuses to do it. And if he gets away with not doing it you will have some large questions inside the dressing room. Others were told “not complying” wasn’t an option. Will players like Gavi, Pedro and Fati stay cool with making a third of what they could anywhere else?

Xavi and Barca feel like they can’t be seen as driving him out. They NEED to paint him as the greedy bad guy. De Jong Won’t leave until they refuse to play him and get up to the podium and say he has to leave. They don’t want to do that, but they don’t want to pay him. What will crack? It’s fascinating to watch.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I am nearing the point of being totally convinced as well. But just playing it being in the bench for a game means nothing with this situation. Remember, we have entered the PR war.

They STILL want him to take that pay cut. He still refuses to do it. And if he gets away with not doing it you will have some large questions inside the dressing room. Others were told “not complying” wasn’t an option. Will players like Gavi, Pedro and Fati stay cool with making a third of what they could anywhere else?

Xavi and Barca feel like they can’t be seen as driving him out. They NEED to paint him as the greedy bad guy. De Jong Won’t leave until they refuse to play him and get up to the podium and say he has to leave. They don’t want to do that, but they don’t want to pay him. What will crack? It’s fascinating to watch.
Barca. The player has all the cards here. They are obliged to pay him his wages, the contract is obviously valid, and FIFPro will end up getting involved. Barca will give in

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
TBF, anyone can do it. Sell off future assets for short term gain. I think the question is, should they do it? And most people in their right mind realise the answer is no.
I’m not sure they have any choice. Their only hope of survival is to stay successful with lots of star players.

If they just sat back now and accepted that they are broke, they would just wither away (a bit like United).

Pickle85

:vomit:

You sure you're a United fan?!

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
@Brophs :lol: Bravissimo.

You took me right back to the 1980s, when I did a postnatal visit to a woman who'd called her baby Jolene. She had the track playing over and over again all the time I was there.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Have you just congratulated them for ‘coming out on top’ in your opinion?!

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Boehly, Boehly, Boehly, Boehly
I'm begging of you please don't take my man
Please don't take him just because you can

Your midfield is beyond compare
Even though Ross Barkley is still there
And what’s the fecking story with Batshuayi?
Seeing Frenkie at Chewsea will sting
How much longer can he string
Us along only to sign for you
Boehly

We’ll buy Ziyech on the cheap
And there's nothing I can do to keep
From crying when he’s compared to McTominay
Boehly

And I don’t really understand
How you still own Baba Rahman
He hasn’t kicked a ball since 2015
Boehly,

Boehly, Boehly Boehly, Boehly,
I called first dibs back in Amsterdam

You could have your choice of men
But we’ve been turned down by most of them
Its him or Danny Drinkwater on a free
Boehly

I had to have this talk with you
Our Champions League depends on you
And whatever you decide to do
Boehly

Boehly, Boehly, Boehly, Boehly,
Seriously, what the shit is going on with Rahman?
Boehly, Boehly

He is coming

ForeverRed1

Boehly

Boehly

Boehly,

Boehly

Boehly

Boehly, Boehly
awesome

dove

Today is a very hot day in Manchester. That's all the news I have.

iato89

My only issue now with FDJ is that if he comes the pressure on our ''beloved'' owners will subside as pressure needs to keep on growing maybe finally we get rid of these leeces!

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Regarding the Macedonia thing I don’t have to put it in perspective with “all the shit going on in that part of the world” cause that doesn’t entitle you to behave like a cnut. It’s easy to not be a cnut in life and be respectful of each other. At a fecking football match no less. It’s not like he was a fighting a war for his country.
It’s easy to pass judgement from far away. If you speak to the average Muslim for example about Israel, brown the likelyhood is they will say something cnutish. Anyway, we both agree it was a cnutish thing to do and he’s not signing anyway. Ask if Balotelli thinks he racist, he’s one of Arnautovic’s best mates. So maybe he’s a cnut, but not a racist one.

Pickle85

Boehly

Boehly

Boehly,

Boehly

Boehly

Boehly, Boehly
Best thing I've read in ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.