Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

avgp_1

Imagine thinking he's coming here. We aren't in the CL and it's going to take an absolute miracle for us to be in it next year at this rate.

FDJ is not going to waste 2 seasons minimum of his career in Europa League of even worse not in Europe at all.
But he could experience the cold rainy nights in Stoke with us

m1tch

Our board just leaked that we won't even be thinking about a league for at least 5 years, that would be his entire contract. Why would he waste his best years with that kind of ambition at United? No wonder we can't sign anyone.
You're not wrong. If United are his only option then that's pretty bad for him. No champions league this year or next year at the minimum. He might be better off waiting till the next window if he has to move and then he might have more options.

cyberman

Our board just leaked that we won't even be thinking about a league for at least 5 years, that would be his entire contract. Why would he waste his best years with that kind of ambition at United? No wonder we can't sign anyone.
Did they have to leak that?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Alcohol mostly. :lol:
Ironically I'm rather enjoying it all. The worse it gets the more likely we get a sale of the club. I don't want any more temporary reprieves and false dawns.

Failing to get FDJ and Erik Ten Hag getting so fed up he walks away could well happen. There's no where to hide soon for the parasites.

Fanta Stick

Ironically I'm rather enjoying it all. The worse it gets the more likely we get a sale of the club. I don't want any more temporary reprieves and false dawns.

Failing to get FDJ and Erik Ten Hag getting so fed up he walks away could well happen. There's no where to hide soon for the parasites.
I would happily take relegation if it meant our dear owners took the hint and fecked off.

joedirt87

Maybe we get lucky and Tuchel convinces Boehly that he should spend every remaining dollar left in this transfer window on Forwards.

0le

How can you earlier say "Imagine thinking he's coming here...." with regards to FDJ, yet your own imagination leads you to believe the club will be sold and ETH will walk away. :rolleyes:

Infra-red

I love the idea that anyone thinks De Jong might actually still consider joining this shower of shite. If he had doubts before, the last two games will have absolutely cemented the fact that United are not a club you want to join if you you're a decent player with any ambition.

C'est Moi Cantona

Maybe we get lucky and Tuchel convinces Boehly that he should spend every remaining dollar left in this transfer window on Forwards.
Tbf he'd be right, there's is nothing wrong with Chelsea's midfield at all, literally 5-6 players who would get into our team before any of ours would.

Tiber

Even if we do panic and offer him a load of extra money he would be mad to join United

Infra-red

They won't sign him off the back of that :lol:
They were pretty keen on signing De Jong anyway, but Kante's ever-increasing injury record will surely be causing them some concern now. A hamstring injury is not sufficient reason to bring a new player in, but Chelsea might feel that it makes the existing case for De Jong slightly stronger.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
They were pretty keen on signing De Jong anyway, but Kante's ever-increasing injury record will surely be causing them some concern now. A hamstring injury is not sufficient reason to bring a new player in, but Chelsea might feel that it makes the existing case for De Jong slightly stronger.
Unlucky that he's coming to United then isn't it. They have bigger priorities.

Infra-red

Even if we do panic and offer him a load of extra money he would be mad to join United
Yeah, this is surely over. We needed a strong start to have any chance of getting this over the line, but United don't even look like a top half team, let alone a side that can get in to Europe next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.