Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Then they probably should have set a hard deadline by the start of the season. Ultimately they can't let De Jong determine their transfer business, if he's not willing to come on a timescale that would work for Utd then they need to be more ruthless in moving on.

If it is driven by Ten Hag, then he needs to be more realistic and find a way to work with an alternative player.
Ideally yes we should have done that in hindsight, but instead they chose to gamble big on a big player. It may still pay off. I don't really have an issue with that personally

Ted Lasso

Well, the next 2 weeks will be interesting times. Roller coaster of emotions. But regardless of who we get, there will be accusations of 'overpaid', and 'panic buy' regardless of who we get.
For sure. Reading this reports of players complaining about ETHs football style already I just want to see new faces. I don't care who to be honest or how much we pay.

NLunited

I'm sorry. I didn't know you are one of the players agents or worked for Bartomeu's board with inside information about the contracts. An outsider could think off-market high contract extensions during the last week of his presidency, which cost he club considerably more than they saved on it, could be a case of self benefit to blur the disastrous balance that damaged the club, because a barca president is liable with his own money for a considerable loss. A shame there are some laws against such a thing.
But if you are an insider of course, maybe you can call Laporta and tell him to stop wasting the lawyers time.
Again, it is total bs. Frenkie‘s contract is not higher than he is worth, the extension did not raise his salary. It was done to defer payment of his contract by two years.

Your current president is further damaging the future of the club by selling off assets for 50% of their future worth, or less if they increase in value.

Stop trying to whitewash the club, LaPorta is no better than Bartomeu.

Gandalf

:lol:
I’m not the one getting irritated! I am loving this transfer window and all its craziness. Boehly looks to be implementing a Dodger strategy that will surely have you wanking about shortly. The Dodgers buy up all the young talent they can and send them to the minor leagues with long contracts so they can sell them for profit in a few years. You should get on board early with throwing a fit about that!
Boehly isn't initiating shit. Chelsea have been hoovering up young talent and loaning it out since Roman bought the club, so eager were you to sign up all the young talent in fact that you broke the rules with some dodgy brown envelope business and got yourselves a transfer ban. The original point was you bring in all of this talent and then loan them out before ultimately selling them on only to buy a star player in the same position. What is going to be different now?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Boehly isn't initiating shit. Chelsea have been hoovering up young talent and loaning it out since Roman bought the club, so eager were you to sign up all the young talent in fact that you broke the rules with some dodgy brown envelope business and got yourselves a transfer ban. The original point was you bring in all of this talent and then loan them out before ultimately selling them on only to buy a star player in the same position. What is going to be different now?
I answered in another post, but new PL loan rules prevent the Roman style loan army.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
If you don’t buy anyone this has to rate as a worse window than any of clueless Ed’s.

Chief123

It’s tragic how this thread is appearing lower n lower amongst new posts…

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Can we lock this thread until something solid happens? Or are we going for the thread record? (If it’s not already been broken)

Status
Not open for further replies.