Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Just close this. Ridiculous how we wasted entire summer chasing someone who never really wanted to come here.
Its like messaging/chasing a girl on social media who gives you one word answers

Fooza

Do you think he was constantly talking to the press and repeatedly telling them off the record that he wanted to stay?
See that's the thing, even if it wasn't him, everyone around the club/journos or whoever, just sprouting he's intention to say. Whether it came from directly or not.

Never have I seen a transfer where it was just constant reports of the players intention to stay if there any chance it could be happening. Not even sneijder

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Remember when we had first agreed a fee and Barca decided to raise their demands?

If they're desperate and nobody else comes sniffing for him then what are the odds that we reduce our offer? They'd have to take it at that point.

I know, I know. Not going to happen.

worldinmotion66

I really hope this is a Bluff on our part, as unlikely as it seems. It would be a far better investment to spend that money on de Jong than Antony right now.

Withnail

See that's the thing, even if it wasn't him, everyone around the club/journos or whoever, just sprouting he's intention to say. Whether it came from directly or not.

Never have I seen a transfer where it was just constant reports of the players intention to stay if there any chance it could be happening. Not even sneijder
So did he keep his mouth shut or not?

Every few days the same information was being recycled on twitter for engagement. Of course his position was that he wanted to stay. He was and apparently still is in dispute with Barca over money owed and they're still trying to get him to take a paycut. He couldn't give them any ammunition in that fight but he said feck all all summer.

RedDevilUnited369

For some reason..I have a feeling they're still playing chess.

I feel like Man Utd and Frenkie’s agent are in cahoots.

This is the first time in the whole saga I’ve felt like this…in this thread I said he’d take a pay cut all along. Recently said he’d go to Chelsea.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I really hope this is a Bluff on our part, as unlikely as it seems. It would be a far better investment to spend that money on de Jong than Antony right now.
You surely have to be in dreamworld to be thinking we're getting Casemiro AND De Jong in the same window!

Laurencio

For some reason..I have a feeling they're still playing chess.

This is the first time in the whole saga I’ve felt like this…in this thread I said he’d take a pay cut all along. Recently said he’d go to Chelsea.
So... you are consistently wrong? Dam it, he's not coming guys :(

You surely have to be in dreamworld to be thinking we're getting Casemiro AND De Jong in the same window!
Before two days ago I would have said you are in a dreamworld if you think we'll sign Casemiro from Real, but here we are.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Well who thought we're gonna get casemiro of all people just a few days ago.
We've done this a few times over the years, a signing with zero rumours before hand.
But the long winded ones tend to have more chance of us having to come back 6months or a year later, Sancho, Maguire, Bruno etc.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
How so? We've bought 2 midfielders already. We desperately need both quality and numbers in attack right now. Especially if Ronaldo leaves. Our options off the bench are Elanga and Garnacho. That's worrying, as much as I'd like to see Garnacho given chances. One injury and it's panic stations.

Eddy_JukeZ

Can we activate a lever of our own and sign both De Jong and Antony?

I think I'd prefer De Jong over Antony too, but that might be because I still have blind faith in Rashford picking up form again(even though our attack is very thin).

Fooza

So did he keep his mouth shut or not?

Every few days the same information was being recycled on twitter for engagement. Of course his position was that he wanted to stay. He was and apparently still is in dispute with Barca over money owed and they're still trying to get him to take a paycut. He couldn't give them any ammunition in that fight but he said feck all all summer.
Well quite a few reputable journos like Fabrizio said his intention was to stay in Barca. On this occasion when I read this I just thought it stunk, rather than read between the lines.

I know I know, he didn''t want to give them ammunition bla bla, he may secretly wanted to come.. I just didn't believe it.

In my opinion, I think he just wanted a full wage and wants to stay at Barca

Withnail

I think I'd prefer De Jong over Antony too, but that might be because I still have blind faith in Rashford picking up form again(even though our attack is very thin).
We're apparently doing that for the stadium and training ground upgrades. Flipping Glazers.

Withnail

Well quite a few reputable journos like Fabrizio said his intention was to stay in Barca. On this occasion when I read this I just thought it stunk, rather than read between the lines.

I know I know, he didn''t want to give them ammunition bla bla, he may secretly wanted to come.. I just didn't believe it.

In my opinion, I think he just wanted a full wage and wants to at barca
Well yeah I'd agree there. I think it's fairly obvious his first choice was stay at Barca and to be paid as per his contract. We were looking to exploit a situation where they wanted to force him out and I'm fine with that.

Toad

They must’ve thought we’d go all out on the last few days now unless they get a buyer surely they are screwed?

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm

Our levers are LOADED! So yes, its a possibility

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We've done this a few times over the years, a signing with zero rumours before hand.
But the long winded ones tend to have more chance of us having to come back 6months or a year later, Sancho, Maguire, Bruno etc.
True but they were mostly due to us not willing to pay up, this is a bit different.

dove

Before two days ago I would have said you are in a dreamworld if you think we'll sign Casemiro from Real, but here we are.
Makes it all a lot easier when a player wants to move which was clearly never the case with de Jong.

Ricardo de la Vega

Is there a need for Casemeiro if we get FDJ? Is there really a need for FDJ if we get Casemeiro + a good playmaking midfielder?
Yes there is still a need for Casemiro. We needed a "6" and an "8". Casemiro is the 6 - hes the destroyer- breaks up play, starts counter attacks. FDJ is the 8 - box to box - picks up play off the centre halves, dictates the direction of the build up, carries past players forcing defenders to commit and then picks the right pass for the attack to begin or a through ball to assist the striker. They're your double pivot, or, in a 3 man midfield, along with Eriksen, they can play those roles while Eriksen has more freedom to find space and then look for the killer pass or combination with a full back on either side.

Ricardo de la Vega

I felt that for a long time - like it was agreed between them - but so much has gone on I've really questioned it. I never fully appreciated the strength of feeling of his girlfriend which I think has been a key driver here tbh.

Laurencio

Makes it all a lot easier when a player wants to move which was clearly never the case with de Jong.
He must have said something to Ten Hag to make us stay in this for so long. We have abandoned a dozen deals this window for various reasons, but this one we just put in a bid and then left it.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Watch us get pumped in Monday and us buying Frenkie afterwards.
why would you livestreaming yourself and your mates getting pumped in a shady thai bar called Monday convince United to buy us Frenkie?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Watch us get pumped in Monday and us buying Frenkie afterwards.
I mean if watched you get pumped pays for the transfer, its a bit unconventional though. I know the Glazers are seeking investment really dedicated to the cause here.

croadyman

It is widely accepted that we need 2 midfielders. Arguably we need the second midfielder more than we need a rw and rb.
Yeah I still think someone who can control the tempo and play both short & long passes is needed more than those

Status
Not open for further replies.