Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kthanksbye

I don’t understand this idea that he doesn’t want to play for us, players rarely get the opportunity to play or continue to play for the clubs they support, does not mean that they just stop caring if they join a different club.

Under the right circumstances, a good player will thrive. It boils down to the atmosphere at the club, the manager, the chances of success and the player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
City enjoy cucking us for our targets these days, wouldn't surprise me at all if they go for FDJ now.

ETH has a lot of work to do unfortunately.

Widow

So they have to sell in order to desperately raise funds - hence why they’ll do a swap deal for a player of similar value and high wages.
My thoughts exactly.

Maybe Barca are just not impressed with FdJ and getting a higher fee for him is much easier if you tell people you need the cash rather than he's not upto your standard.

Last edited:

choccy77

Lots of articles I've seen today talking about United pursuing a player who does not want to join.

It still seems we are making historical mistakes, which we have not learned from.

Womp

idiot
I'm not buying it, he's not a replacement for Fernandinho. Pep needs muscles in DM and De Jong is many things but surely not muscles.
They still have Rodri and they might be losing Gundogan, so having another elite ball carrier would be a good signing

Widow

I'm not buying it, he's not a replacement for Fernandinho. Pep needs muscles in DM and De Jong is many things but surely not muscles.
True but, Silva played the majority of his games in CM and is linked to the swap. Gundogan is rumoured to be leaving too so there could be space.

the_cliff

Man Barcelona are a confusing club. Finances in disarray, haven't yet registered Kessie and Christensen, struggling to renew Gavi and Dembele's contracts.

Yet all the news points to them going for Lewandowski and Raphinha. Are they being linked with those players just to appease their fans ? as if they can say they at least they tried ?

:confused: :confused:

Last edited:

RkkMan

True but, Silva played the majority of his games in CM and is linked to the swap. Gundogan is rumoured to be leaving too so there could be space.
The rumors of Gundogan leaving were rubbished in the media and Pep himself.
City also want Kalvin Phillips as their Fernandinho replacement not FDJ

RkkMan

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe Barca are just not impressed with FdJ and getting a higher fee for him is much easier if you tell people you need the cash rather than he's not upto your standard.
He was being sarcastic. It makes no sense to swap FDJ for Bernado because they're of similar value, will command similar wages and they'll receive no money to offset their financial woes it would be counter productive. If it's a choice between £60-70m from Utd plus wages off the books or a swap for Bernado Silva taking Utd's offer makes a lot more sense than a like for like swap.

Rake

He was being sarcastic. It makes no sense to swap FDJ for Bernado because they're of similar value, will command similar wages and they'll receive no money to offset their financial woes it would be counter productive. If it's a choice between £60-70m from Utd plus wages off the books or a swap for Bernado Silva taking Utd's offer makes a lot more sense than a like for like swap.
Well put. I was thinking the same thing. Such swap makes no sense, unless they manage to come up with the required funds and want to move FDJ.

If anything, this is a give us more money because your neighbors are very interested.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This doesnt make any sense. If Barca need the money then what’s the point in basically swapping him for Silva?
Nonsense
Not saying it's believable, but that would work actually. The usual accounting trick

NoPace

PSG have their own mess to sort out first sacking both Leonardo and poch and moving on many players before they can potentially think of signing de Jong. Not to mention their new DOF is gonna be Luis campos who might have different targets and different priorities. Also, the Mbappe deal might have hamstrung them abit I believe so it’s not as straight forward as it seems to commit that kind of money for de Jong especially when they have to bring in a striker and a replacement for di maria.

And Milan clubs would never spend that kind of money on one player. Even if they had the money to spend they would try the create whole team with it. Other than lukaku I don’t recall inter or even AC spending anything close to that amount on one player definitely not on a midfielder. They are cheapstakes and free loaders first and foremost.
The Milan thing makes sense, but PSG really only have Verrati who's good enough to be part of a CL winning midfield. And they keep spending big wages on guys like Winajdum and Herrera and fees on decent midfielders in Gueye and Pereira when they'd be better off with De Jong and just promoting a youngster or two from their strong academy where they seem to keep churning out good French youngsters.

I thought City would just buy De Jong to replace Gundogan and Fernandinho in one fell swoop. Bayern would be the other, and they did spend 70M on Lucas Hernandez, but it seems clear that they're going for Nagelsmann type pressing midfielders.

GreatDane

They still have Rodri and they might be losing Gundogan, so having another elite ball carrier would be a good signing
You both have a point sadly.
Then I just hope they blew it all on Haaland this window, even City has to think about FFP eventually.

GoldanoGraham

We are not offering them the fee that they want so they are trying to drive us into a desperate bid - bottom line is that if City we’re interested then they will already have been speaking to FDJ’s agent - B Silva wants to leave City though so don’t discount this.

Of course City also like teasing us and enjoy us paying over the odds for a player that they are not really interested in! They’ve got form….

Trex

Swaps are a rear in football, and in this case it makes no sense from a financial POV

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Man Barcelona are a confusing club. Finances in disarray, haven't yet registered Kessie and Christensen, struggling to renew Gavi and Dembele's contracts.

Yet all the news points to them going for Lewandowski and Raphinha. Are they being linked with those players just to appease their fans ? as if they can say they at least they tried ?

:confused: :confused:
The answer is: they’re dodgy as feck.

cyberman

Not saying it's believable, but that would work actually. The usual accounting trick
Yeah but this isn’t avoiding FFP, this involves real world debts and money to pay wages etc? I understand if they were trying to wash money but not fudging money they dont have?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
City enjoy cucking us for our targets these days, wouldn't surprise me at all if they go for FDJ now.

ETH has a lot of work to do unfortunately.
Probably revenge since we steal there targets, Fred/Sanchez,Maguire, Ronaldo.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Swaps are a rear in football, and in this case it makes no sense from a financial POV
Ye Barca won’t be benefitting here if it’s a straight swap. They need the money.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah but this isn’t avoiding FFP, this involves real world debts and money to pay wages etc? I understand if they were trying to wash money but not fudging money they dont have?
This is real money though. And yes, it's very much about laliga's "FFP"

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
An now, they don’t need 500m to keep up with La Liga ffp. That’s madness.
If they need 500m to cover 21/22 debts they are screwed and we wouldn't even be talking about this, we'd be talking about their bankruptcy. Fat chance they need 500m so soon

And either way, a €30M difference isn't moving the needle there

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
No it isn’t. They aren’t struggling to pay this months wages because of FFP - they have a cash flow issue.
No, they have a debt issue. And selling Frenkie isn't really doing much with cash flow unless they get the whole fee immediately, which won't happen

Bestietom

The task is getting harder and harder for Ten Hag. He may have to look at other players who really want to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.