Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSingh2002

It's been an amazing story to help the Glazers. The amount of people that have fully bought into this and completely focussed on this alone, holding out hope way longer than expected... it's been a v. good distraction for them.
Yeh and I bet that it cost them a whole lot less than actually buying the player.

Somehow we only bought 5 players but released/sold/loaned alot more.

No1 can say we weren't expecting wholesale changes and a raft of signings before and when this window started. That definitely didn't happen.

We added 5 good players which is nice. But we still need and expected atleast 2 more.

ST/CM/RB

2 out of those 3 positions being strengthened would take us to 9/10. Until then we're on 6/10.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Not sure why this would point to Chelsea?
If they're in London on transfer related stuff then signs point to Chelsea over United as although we have offices in London we do transfer business in Manchester (duffer's winding people up by saying we sort stuff in London). And Chelsea were linked with signing an attacker - specifically Gordon - but that has gone dead over the last 24 hours or so.

Romero's also said five Barcelona players are scheduled to leave before the window shuts but no mention of who those are.

They’re social media influenzas and management based in Italy.
They're currently in London.

Brophs

The One and Only
He and the one team mate who is also strongly linked to Man United just happen to go on a mid season holiday together from Barcelona to the place you sort your transfers? Yeah right.

You guys need to drag yourselves out of the mud, this is back on.
:lol:

You shit stirrer. Remember that you’re dealing with weapons grade mentalists here.

TheReligion

Abusive
If they're in London on transfer related stuff then signs point to Chelsea over United as although we have offices in London we do transfer business in Manchester (duffer's winding people up by saying we sort stuff in London). And Chelsea were linked with signing an attacker - specifically Gordon - but that has gone dead over the last 24 hours or so.

Romero's also said five Barcelona players are scheduled to leave before the window shuts but no mention of who those are.

Chelsea are close to Auba though and that is the expected attacking addition.

Counterfactual

That's definitely green screen, done in the Arndale, to throw people off the scent.

TheReligion

Abusive
Thing Is I just can't see Chelsea spunking 80m on a player they just don't need. It would make no sense. Stranger things have happened, sure, but you know.
They are looking to complete Fofana still and Auba.

Not sure how they do FDJ without having done any negotiations with his club or agent (United have already had these accepted).

Bit late for such a deal.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why on earth didn’t we go for Fabian Ruiz as a alternative to de Jong. Only cost psg like 23m

RedorDead21

Yeh and I bet that it cost them a whole lot less than actually buying the player.

Somehow we only bought 5 players but released/sold/loaned alot more.

No1 can say we weren't expecting wholesale changes and a raft of signings before and when this window started. That definitely didn't happen.

We added 5 good players which is nice. But we still need and expected atleast 2 more.

ST/CM/RB

2 out of those 3 positions being strengthened would take us to 9/10. Until then we're on 6/10.
So you wanted pretty much a whole new team in one window..anything else is 6/10.

RedorDead21

Why on earth didn’t we go for Fabian Ruiz as a alternative to de Jong. Only cost psg like 23m
PSG we’re beating us to players when SAF was here. Why would any player choose us over pSG this summer? Hasn’t happened in a decade.

RedMilo

Pretty much settles it, we’re paying for Memphis, that money will be used by Barca to pay FDJ, and then FDJ will join us, just putting money on this :drool:
Yes the deal is taking place right next to the magic money tree, that Murtough planted back in June. He has been waiting for it to produce some dosh before finally completing the FDJ transaction, hence the hold up :rolleyes:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Pretty much settles it, we’re paying for Memphis, that money will be used by Barca to pay FDJ, and then FDJ will join us, just putting money on this :drool:

If we get Memphis and FdJ, that's the most insane window ever right there :lol:

But also shows what a state we're in that we'd still need key reinforcements next summer!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't know... I'd happily take Memphis back. I think he's got a point to prove at Old Trafford
There's a reason reason barca want to get rid.

He didn't make it here the first time around and not much has changed.

Laurencio

There's a reason reason barca want to get rid.

He didn't make it here the first time around and not much has changed.
He failed as a winger, he's a striker these days. Could be interesting, we probably need someone more dominant in the box - but maybe?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
They also want to get rid of De Jong, should we stay away?
The scenarios are a bit different but a fair point nonetheless.

Still I maintain that he'd not be success under us.
But we don't know how he'd play under ten Hag. He could be a totally different player than the first time round
I just don't see it but if it means getting de jong then who am I to complain.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
He failed as a winger, he's a striker these days. Could be interesting, we probably need someone more dominant in the box - but maybe?
I really do think Depay would be worth another punt. He could be a different player under ten Hag and he wouldn't really cost us much anyway

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Status
Not open for further replies.