g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Tell me how.
Firstly. Tell me how you think he's right.

Secondly & I know shitting on the club at every and any available opportunity is what we love to do on the CAF (I mean aren't we all supposed to love the club? Criticising them is fine. But criticising them for literally everything they do is rather ridiculous & I'm talking here on a broader sense in the terms of what I see the regular output on the CAF is. Most of the time it's negative. Even when things are going right)

But do you really think a high level executive, who has held really high levels of directive/executive positions in the world of football and is highly regarded as a "football" man through and through and actually knows what he is doing. Would continue to chase a player after being told "no. Not interested" this is a man who walked away from the Rabiot deal, the second a player got greedy. It sounds proposterous that an adult in the world of business would continue to chase a buisness target after being told no, no deal under no circumstances.

FDJ/His camp, must have been giving either Murtough/Arnold/ETH enough encouragement to continue chasing a deal, otherwise there would not be so many trips to Barcelona. Nor would they continue to negotiate all through the summer.

It got so late in the window that someone pulled the plug and went to focus on alternative targets. Who might I add, were being kept warm just in case. Why do you think the Casemiro deal was closed within a week? It weren't buy some masterclass. It was by keeping alternatives warm and negotiating with them alongside FDJ. I know WOAH! The CAF things that they incompetent and can't deal with more than one target at a time. But they clearly can.

I refuse to accept that Murtough would not see what's in front of him and continue to chase after being told no. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever and is just part of a long line of shitting on the club and clubs executives for the sake of it, after the fans not getting what they want.

OrcaFat

Why would the best thread ever be locked? It generates a lot of views. And January is not far away! Yes, he is ours, just a matter of time.
Yeah but the Mods come in and do their thing. If I remember correctly, we had two different threads for Sancho as the first one got locked when we didn’t get him in that summer window.

You see, if this thread, awesome as it is, just trundles on through the boring old regular season (where it’s just actual football and no transfers) then it won’t be a true achievement when it hits 2000 pages. We’ll only be cheating ourselves.

Laurencio

No one’s posted romanos tweets that frenkie has never changed his mind and is staying?

This one 10000000% isn’t happening, never actually was. He doesn’t want to leave Barca.
On the last day of muppetry one does not entertain such notions of anti-muppetry.

All anti-muppets, we don't want you coming on here now with your smugness.
It's borderline sacrilege to be a anti-muppet on transfer deadline day. It's muppetry's most sacred day!

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
No way Bernardo makes the move. Citeh would either have to source and sign a worldclass replacement in around a half hour or sign FdJ as the Bernardo replacement.
Yup dead and buried days ago, the only way FDJ would move is if Bernado was leaving City.

Ted Lasso

Did Fabrizio ever explain why in fcks name Depay and FDJ went to London? For someone so deeply ITK you'd think there would be a solid explanation.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
All anti-muppets, we don't want you coming on here now with your smugness.
You can't have it both ways. The post-signing smugness would have been off the charts. We anti-muppets have a right to bask in this moment.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Secondly & I know shitting on the club at every and any available opportunity is what we love to do on the CAF (I mean aren't we all supposed to love the club? Criticising them is fine. But criticising them for literally everything they do is rather ridiculous & I'm talking here on a broader sense in the terms of what I see the regular output on the CAF is. Most of the time it's negative. Even when things are going right)

But do you really think a high level executive, who has held really high levels of directive/executive positions in the world of football and is highly regarded as a "football" man through and through and actually knows what he is doing. Would continue to chase a player after being told "no. Not interested" this is a man who walked away from the Rabiot deal, the second a player got greedy. It sounds proposterous that an adult in the world of business would continue to chase a buisness target after being told no, no deal under no circumstances.

FDJ/His camp, must have been giving either Murtough/Arnold/ETH enough encouragement to continue chasing a deal, otherwise there would not be so many trips to Barcelona. Nor would they continue to negotiate all through the summer.

It got so late in the window that someone pulled the plug and went to focus on alternative targets. Who might I add, were being kept warm just in case. Why do you think the Casemiro deal was closed within a week? It weren't buy some masterclass. It was by keeping alternatives warm and negotiating with them alongside FDJ. I know WOAH! The CAF things that they incompetent and can't deal with more than one target at a time. But they clearly can.

I refuse to accept that Murtough would not see what's in front of him and continue to chase after being told no. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever and is just part of a long line of shitting on the club and clubs executives for the sake of it, after the fans not getting what they want.
The problem with all that? It works on the assumption that we have continued to chase him all this time. There's a chance he said no a long time ago and we left it at that. This saga has been kept alive by Spanish journos feeding crap every two minutes, and more reliable journalists giving updates to the army of people demanding them on social media. And even then, the updates have always been non committal, nothings changed etc.

Knightmare7

That's true, he did get Garner deal wrong. I hope he has FdJ wrong then and there is something happening.
To be honest, he probably is right about FDJ not coming, but Romano threw a fit over Chelsea saying he was wrong about Cucurella. These guys build their brand around being right and being first, so they never advertise when they mess up the price or the lack of a buy-back clause.

hobbers

How are you this attached to a guy who was hired by Moyes and overpromoted by Woodward?

Murtough given a job he has no experience in is just another in the long, long line of executive level feck ups we've made in the last decade.

OrcaFat

I’m really bitter and twisted about it. I don’t care anymore, feck it. Feck everything and everyone.
I hear you. We all have to deal with it in our own way.

Every window I’m still thinking there could be a last minute shock deal where we get someone amazing. It occasionally happened but usually the 11 o’clock chimes bring agony and despair. Even though we’ve had a good window. I want more. I’ll start processing the disappointment tomorrow but not now!

redsunited

FDJ money is spent on Casemiro. Seems already the club pushed transfer budget high to get Antony after the two loses. So no more money. Only City & Chelsea has the limitless budget to fix all positions in one window. United had to wait for multiple windows unless glazers sell to a sugardaddy. If United board has brains, they will follow up in next summer and get it done early.

Status
Not open for further replies.