• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It doesn't hurt me.
Do you want to feel how it feels?
Do you want to know that it doesn't hurt me?
Do you want to hear about the deal that I'm making?
You, it's you and me.
If I only could,
I'd make a deal with Murtough ,
And I'd get him to swap our places,
Be running up that road,
Be running up that hill,
Be running up that building.
If I only could, oh

Acquire Me

It doesn't hurt me.
Do you want to feel how it feels?
Do you want to know that it doesn't hurt me?
Do you want to hear about the deal that I'm making?
You, it's you and me.
If I only could,
I'd make a deal with Murtough ,
And I'd get him to swap our places,
Be running up that road,
Be running up that hill,
Be running up that building.
If I only could, oh
Slow news day mate? :lol:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The more I see of Fabrizio, the more he comes across as sharing mainly other peoples stories.
Do you know the reason you get the feeling 5hay he shares other people's stories, but he doesn't actually?

It's because he's the ballon dor holder of being the most generic man in the universe. His language and way of being generic is so captivating and you're compelled to believe him.

SATA

A few more days of posturing and haggling between the two clubs and we’ll likely see an official announcement after the Euros. What’s been done and i think it’s the most important is that the player has given his consent to join and wants to come

Welcome Frenkie!

Pickle85

60 mill fixed, 10 mill when he wins the golden boot twice, another 10 when he opens his first successful hair salon and the final 20 when he gets to the moon. Twice.

Jibbs

I don't know why I get the feeling of summer 2013 from this transfer window. We might end up paying 100m for FDJ on last day of window and wouldn't make any other addition.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I don't know why I get the feeling of summer 2013 from this transfer window. We might end up paying 100m for FDJ on last day of window and wouldn't make any other addition.
Yeah also, doesnt he remind you of Di Maria?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So he's a DM? Because I'm not going to lie, this transfer feels a whole lot like the Pogba one where we went for a big name player who doesn't really fit instead of actually addressing the needs of the team. I'm not saying Ten Hag won't be able to get a tune out of him but what's the plan? Bruno, VDB and De Jong in the middle? That's a soft midfield. We still need at least one more midfielder in my opinion and that's more than half our budget on this lad so I hope he's worth it.
If you think he’s lot like Pogba then let me show you something. Schone was his midfield partner in 18/19 under ten Hag and look at who made more defensive contributions out of the two? Pogba wouldn’t be able to do that for sure because the guy can’t defend.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If you think he’s lot like Pogba then let me show you something. Schone was his midfield partner in 18/19 under ten Hag and look at who made more defensive contributions out of the two? Pogba wouldn’t be able to do that for sure because the guy can’t defend.

All I've seen is people say De Jong should be paired with a ball winner but from what I can see here, Schone is not a ball winner and yet he worked fine with De Jong

Gandalf

Big difference here is that Barca have to sell and the clock is ticking. They have Franck Kessie and Andreas Christensen who right now they cannot register due to being over their wage limit and they are still trying to sign Lewandowski and Silva. Barca badly need some outgoings and although they have some expiring deals they cannot complete their business without at least 1 big outgoing deal and FDJ is who they have decided to sell which is why we are playing hardball, we know they are in a weaker negotiating position. My only fear is that another club comes in at the eleventh hour and steals him from under our noses but right now there is not even a whisper of any other bidder.

DSG

If we get Frenkie, and knowing that none of Fred, Scotty, DvB or Bruno can play the DM spot / pivot with him, who can we get to pair?

Or… crazy question, can Garner play with him? Literally haven’t seen anything of Garner for Forest, but most of the reports were that he had an excellent season there. Is Garner a CM or a DM? Can he step up to the PL? Anyone know?

DaGOAT

I can't see us paying 80m when Barca essentially have to sell him, and quickly. Let them stew.
Barca do NOT have to sell him.
Right now the board is choosing to because they want to upgrade their attack with Lewandowski.
Why? Because of the pressure and expectations from the fans and surroundings. The demand is huge in Barca, and given the fact that Laporta essentially “lost” Messi he wants to acquire a “superstar” player. This pressure is accentuated by having to watch your rivals win the Double.

But... they won’t do it at any price (as you’ll learn with Alemany) - so United shouldn’t feck around and keep low balling if they truly want de Jong. There is a limit, and Barca won’t sell at any price (this first offer, if true, is a joke). If it comes to that they’ll just keep Frenkie and try to get Lewandowski next summer on a free.

Barca will activate economic levers soon, which along with the selling of squad players, allow them to register the players (Kessie, Christensen) they get on free transfers.
Now if they want big names like Lewa, Koulibaly etc. then they need to sell De Jong.

Barca got good production from Aubameyang since January and he’s still under contract for another year. You’re getting Ansu back and he honestly looked fine yet obviously not match fit during the last matches of the season.
Barca will get plenty of goals next season.

You could let Barca stew but Alemany won’t really like that, so if you want Frenkie you really shouldn’t push it too far.
Let’s see what happens.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Stupid buggers in charge, again we’ve missed out on a real bargain by not signing the Sporting CDM , Palhinha. It now looks as though he’s off to Wolves for £25M.
We usually like to work on one deal at a time. Once this one is sorted, we’ll move onto the next priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.