Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
"Realistically buy"
No idea why anyone would spend anywhere near the money West Ham want for Rice. Fabulous midfield destroyer he might be, but he's not even nearly good enough on the ball to command even over 40mil in my opinion.

Carl

Do I really need to point at the “do not sign people with sexual assault allegations against their name” sign?
Probably. It's actually really under reported that. I only heard of it through the Caf and he's continued to play for Brighton all season.

Von Mistelroum

Honestly this would be a dream signing. Love watching FdJ play. Less so with a team of goobers around him but still! Please let this happen!!

SATA

Varane, Bruno, Sancho, Ronaldo and Frenkie

We really have half a team of galaticos, now we need a manager to make this work. Hopefully this man is Ten Hag!

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If we get Frenkie, and knowing that none of Fred, Scotty, DvB or Bruno can play the DM spot / pivot with him, who can we get to pair?

Or… crazy question, can Garner play with him? Literally haven’t seen anything of Garner for Forest, but most of the reports were that he had an excellent season there. Is Garner a CM or a DM? Can he step up to the PL? Anyone know?
Garner is a similar kind of player to Frenkie, at least right now. He's not a pure DM but he's young enough to be moulded into one. But he's never going to be a Kante type as he's just not that mobile.

Carl

I think clubs absolutely would pay 80m. That isn’t his price though. He isn’t for sale this summer.
They'd be crazy too. Never seen such an over rated player, and I think he's a good player.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
All I've seen is people say De Jong should be paired with a ball winner but from what I can see here, Schone is not a ball winner and yet he worked fine with De Jong
Schone is not ball winner. The way how ten Hag defend is by using high intense pressure as a team. So he didn’t really need specific ball winner.

Schone’s role at 18/19 was more a role that provide positional cover for de Jong if de Jong decides to roam (drops deep, press, or may be roam forward) and provide support for his right winger and right back in link up play from build up play

Tony247

I think Barca will close the deal asap to focus on other opportunities. This I believe should close in next couple of days max.

AneRu

I can't see us paying 80m when Barca essentially have to sell him, and quickly. Let them stew.
You remember the Ronaldinho saga and the Peter Kenyon shenanigans that cost us almoat 20 years ago? The same is likely to happen, we have done the hard miles in getting the player to accept the possibility of a Barca exit and our own weak position but it will mean nothing if other clubs, now knowing that FDJ is unsettled, also knowing the asking price, come in and swoop on him. He is a unique midfielder who can attract the interest of virtually every CL club, if we have his ok lets move and get the deal done.

PSG are finishing their summer upheaval, Chelsea havent got started and then there is always City. Any of these clubs could come in, now they know Barcelona's hand and how he isn't fully convinced on United and deal us a mortal blow.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
You remember the Ronaldinho saga and the Peter Kenyon shenanigans that cost us almoat 20 years ago? The same is likely to happen, we have done the hard miles in getting the player to accept the possibility of a Barca exit and our own weak position but it will mean nothing if other clubs, now knowing that FDJ is unsettled, also knowing the asking price, come in and swoop on him. He is a unique midfielder who can attract the interest of virtually every CL club, if we have his ok lets move and get the deal done.

PSG are finishing their summer upheaval, Chelsea havent got started and then there is always City. Any of these clubs could come in, now they know Barcelona's hand and how he isn't fully convinced on United and deal us a mortal blow.
They’re not even remotely comparable scenarios.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
This is done , as someone said earlier has been agreed for some time I recon now just the show and drama to whip up a fuss and get interactions etc.

Next I think well
Go for De Ligt , just a feeling.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
United have all the power here, don't they? I don't think he's been seriously linked with any other clubs, has he? Plus Barca are not in a position to be turning down reasonable bids for their players.

FriedClams

Of course, an opportunity like this is very difficult to pass up but it cannot be stated how much more intelligent on the ball FDJ is compared to the rest of our midfield, so I’m skeptical to get too excited until I see what other business we do. This guy has next level IQ, but it’ll be useless if we have Maguire/lindelof/mctominay/Rashford playing the ball to him.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Fantastic signing and great start to the window. I consider this one all done.

Where do we go next muppets?
Actually the next question is will he turn out to be as much of a dud as Sancho.

DSG

Garner is a similar kind of player to Frenkie, at least right now. He's not a pure DM but he's young enough to be moulded into one. But he's never going to be a Kante type as he's just not that mobile.
Actually, Carrick did quite well for us and was physically limited in terms of covering space. He made up for it by being very disciplined and being an accurate passer.

The small bits I’ve seen of Garner, he seems fairly athletic.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Which source isn't credible?
Yes @pocco. Which source is false?

Adnan posts good stuff
I'm happy to be corrected obviously but razarehman? Who is he? Says he writes for fan forums or something like that in his bio.

Esport3? Are they reliable or another of these garbage foreign radio shows that spew out ridiculous amounts of rumours that never come true?

Zoo

His last Nations League game is Tuesday so hopefully this will be done next week.

hobbers

You dont need a midfield destroyer if your whole team presses and defends from the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.