Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So people are moaning about that United are now negotiating a fee. Seems like nothing pleases most of the fanbase these days

NewYorkRed

What's embarrassing is people bigging him up into some transfer god as if anyone can know everything about every transfer. The complaining is a backlash against that because he actually knows feck all.
I don’t know if he “knows” anything or not, but I do know that when he tweets something, it is more than likely true. Think of him like a news aggregator, and a reliable one. I leave home at 7 am and get back at 8 pm on the days I’m not WFH. I don’t have the time to read through everything, so I’ll go on his twitter to see whats on there knowing that it is likely true since he has proven that time and time and time again.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Actually the next question is will he turn out to be as much of a dud as Sancho.
Sancho won't be a dud. Expect anybody to be a real hit under the previous coaching, in that team last season was the first issue.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
So people are moaning about that United are now negotiating a fee. Seems like nothing pleases most of the fanbase these days
Honestly no wonder we're seen as a spoilt fanbase, on the brink of signing a brilliant midfielder in June and all some people are doing is complaining.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He doesn’t have any charges to be released from.

The lack of conversation would be because he’s a free man who was arrested for an allegation 8 months back, bailed, and then released from bail. It’s only that Geebs isn’t having it, he needs a statement from Brighton Police on the 10 o’clock news before letting the man resume his career;)
I'm a believer of innocent until proven guilty, I was just talking about in comparison to someone like Greenwood. Profile has a lot to do with that, obviously.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
All I've seen is people say De Jong should be paired with a ball winner but from what I can see here, Schone is not a ball winner and yet he worked fine with De Jong
He doesn't necessarily need a ball winner, he needs someone next to him who will close the spaces and sit in position when De Jong roams away. De Jong moves all over, so you want a midfielder next to him who will be more "stable".

bucky

Tchouaméni's attempted passes figure is wrong. Tchouaméni also doesn't have a pass completion rate of 92.1%. Which makes taking this whole thing seriously difficult. This is purely designed to make Sangaré look good. Using a metric like long passes, defensive actions, defensive duels, aerial duels and final third passes attempted without taking into account how efficient said player is, is also complete meaningless.

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We are on the verge of signing one of the best midfielder in the world. What difference does it make if we sign him now or 2 weeks from now?

Conor

You remember the Ronaldinho saga and the Peter Kenyon shenanigans that cost us almoat 20 years ago? The same is likely to happen, we have done the hard miles in getting the player to accept the possibility of a Barca exit and our own weak position but it will mean nothing if other clubs, now knowing that FDJ is unsettled, also knowing the asking price, come in and swoop on him. He is a unique midfielder who can attract the interest of virtually every CL club, if we have his ok lets move and get the deal done.

PSG are finishing their summer upheaval, Chelsea havent got started and then there is always City. Any of these clubs could come in, now they know Barcelona's hand and how he isn't fully convinced on United and deal us a mortal blow.
If any of those clubs wanted to sign him it would already be happening, they aren't going to have some revelation halfway through the window, they aren't us.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

The lack of conversation would be because he’s a free man who was arrested for an allegation 8 months back, bailed, and then released from bail. It’s only that Geebs isn’t having it, he needs a statement from Brighton Police on the 10 o’clock news before letting the man resume his career;)
I’m standing by my assertion that United & possibly no top 6 team will buy him because of these allegations. In United’s case it’s simply bad PR and sponsors won’t like it. After greenwood we will be keeping our nose out

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Its look like its a brief that we are willing to walk away.
You're Schmeichel's Cartwheel reincarnated, which is impressive considering you joined 14 years before he did.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Good to see us targetting a player that could have an obvious impact on how we play. Can't help think he'd need some defensive muscle alongside to complement him in the PL though. Hopefully this goes through first and sort that next.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not quite sure why people are getting giddy.
Seems very early in the classic sagas we have. Expect us to be "preparing" a bid by July.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

I’m standing by my assertion that United & possibly no top 6 team will buy him because of these allegations. In United’s case it’s simply bad PR and sponsors won’t like it. After greenwood we will be keeping our nose out
Keep it in the appropriate thread please, we're trying to get our cocks out over here!

jamesjimmybyrondean

Schone is not ball winner. The way how ten Hag defend is by using high intense pressure as a team. So he didn’t really need specific ball winner.

Schone’s role at 18/19 was more a role that provide positional cover for de Jong if de Jong decides to roam (drops deep, press, or may be roam forward) and provide support for his right winger and right back in link up play from build up play

He doesn't necessarily need a ball winner, he needs someone next to him who will close the spaces and sit in position when De Jong roams away. De Jong moves all over, so you want a midfielder next to him who will be more "stable".
Thanks. Seems like the most important skill De Jong's partner should have is to be positionally disciplined and good on the ball

Teja

Not quite sure why people are getting giddy.
Seems very early in the classic sagas we have. Expect us to be "preparing" a bid by July.
Think we're way past that phase. Just grandstanding on fees to see who blinks first.

Guarantee it'll be done by the time pre-season starts.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
We’ll start to get strongly linked with other targets soon, to force Barca’s hand.. but everyone in here will panic

sparx99

Tchouaméni's attempted passes figure is wrong. Tchouaméni also doesn't have a pass completion rate of 92.1%. Which makes taking this whole thing seriously difficult. This is purely designed to make Sangaré look good. Using a metric like long passes, defensive actions, defensive duels, aerial duels and final third passes attempted without taking into account how efficient said player is, is also complete meaningless.
Dutch League and French league are hardly comparable anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.