• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinbad the sailor

Supports
Football
He just isn't that good.
That's a very bold assessment. What are you basing it on? It seems with frenkie there is no middle ground. It's either people overrating him and calling him the best thing since xavi and iniesta or just straight up deciding he's crap.

The fact is he's neither of those things. His game isn't the finished article yet, and he does have the odd bad game, though not nearly as often as people on here claim. But on the ball you'll be hard pressed to find a better midfielder than him. He has it all. He does need to become more decisive in the final third and impact matches more. But He's still 24. With his dribbling, passing, off the ball workrate and lack of injuries, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the best midfielder in the world in 3 or 4 years.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
That's a very bold assessment. What are you basing it on? It seems with frenkie there is no middle ground. It's either people overrating him and calling him the best thing since xavi and iniesta or just straight up deciding he's crap.

The fact is he's neither of those things. His game isn't the finished article yet, and he does have the odd bad game, though not nearly as often as people on here claim. But on the ball you'll be hard pressed to find a better midfielder than him. He has it all. He does need to become more decisive in the final third and impact matches more. But He's still 24. With his dribbling, passing, off the ball workrate and lack of injuries, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the best midfielder in the world in 3 or 4 years.
On watching him play several times at Barcelona and noticing he was never the outstanding player in the middle of the field.

Sinbad the sailor

Supports
Football
On watching him play several times at Barcelona and noticing he was never the outstanding player in the middle of the field.
Hmmm.... I can tell you several matches where frenkie was the outstanding player in a Barca shirt. You can start with last year's copa final and all the way to this season's clasico. He's an exceptional talent. I wonder who you think is a great midfield player

croadyman

Hmmm.... I can tell you several matches where frenkie was the outstanding player in a Barca shirt. You can start with last year's copa final and all the way to this season's clasico. He's an exceptional talent. I wonder who you think is a great midfield player
Yeah I find the criticism of him odd especially when you look at our current midfield options

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
A lot of people mentioned that the main reason why he wasn't outstanding at Barcelona because he's not used in his best role. At Ajax and Netherlands, he was the deep playmaker to dictate the game and used as no 6 role in double pivot. At Barcelona, he was used as no 8 because the no 6 is occupied by Busquets and Busquets was the player that dictate the game from deep area. I think similar situation with Veron at United where Veron is a tpe of player that likes to dictate the game but he was never able to show what he can do since Keane had the same role.

Yagami

Good post resistant
So, as well as Busquets being undroppable, Gavi and Pedri being the future, and Kessie coming in, it seems like they're going to sign Soler, too.

My hopes remain firmly high that he will be deemed surplus to requirements.

croadyman

So, as well as Busquets being undroppable, Gavi and Pedri being the future, and Kessie coming in, it seems like they're going to sign Soler, too.

My hopes remain firmly high that he will be deemed surplus to requirements.
How I wish you were right, fear we don't have a chance in hell of signing him. The usual suspects would be pushing it if there was even a slither of truth.

Kaos

How I wish you were right, fear we don't have a chance in hell of signing him. The usual suspects would be pushing it if there was even a slither of truth.
Under a different manager perhaps, but I think the ten Hag factor works in our favour. He doesn't seem entirely keen to leave Barca, but if deemed surplus, he could be tempted to work under his old boss.

croadyman

Under a different manager perhaps, but I think the ten Hag factor works in our favour. He doesn't seem entirely keen to leave Barca, but if deemed surplus, he could be tempted to work under his old boss.
Yeah the fact he don't want to leave means frustratingly that's end of story

Yagami

Good post resistant
My dreamsigning. Please come to UTD.
I know you're an Ajax fan but, correct me if I'm wrong, you have a soft spot for United, too? If so, it would be pretty nice to see ten Hag and Frenkie reunite for you!
Yeah the fact he don't want to leave means frustratingly that's end of story
Believe, my brother. Arthur did not want to leave either but was pressured out by the club for that moneh.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Not a cat in hells chance of this coming off, despite it being the perfect signing.
FDJ won’t want it for a start, why us and not City or Liverpool.

Barca won’t sell they have other players they can let go if they need cash, Memphis for instance.

As good as their midfield options are, they will be going for a title next season and will need depth and options.

Lastly we will be keeping Pogba.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
I know you're an Ajax fan but, correct me if I'm wrong, you have a soft spot for United, too? If so, it would be pretty nice to see ten Hag and Frenkie reunite for you!

Believe, my brother. Arthur did not want to leave either but was pressured out by the club for that moneh.
Absolute, love UTD as a club. Hope we get to see some exciting youngsters break through under ETH as well. I follow the PL for United (although this year and the years before it, it felt like punishment).

bosskeano

i think Xavi is playing the game and talking up FdJ about how vital he is to the club.....i think for the right price he would sell him given the current mids they have and the ones already coming in PLUS i think he would be happier with adding a couple more spanish players

croadyman

Not a cat in hells chance of this coming off, despite it being the perfect signing.

Barca won’t sell they have other players they can let go if they need cash, Memphis for instance.

As good as their midfield options are, they will be going for a title next season and will need depth and options.

Yeah sadly you are spot on

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

The reason if he picks us over city and Liverpool is because ETH. Player can still pick a manager that knows how to get the best out of you over others.

But you are right for one thing, he’s not going to leave Barcelona right now. It makes zero sense to leave your boyhood club right now if the club and manager want to keep you and it also stupid from Barcelona if they sell their regular 25 years old midfielder who’s about to hit his prime time.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Paul Hirst/Pol Ballus: "Frenkie de Jong is a regular for Barcelona but it is understood that because of their financial issues the club would be willing to sell him if they received an agreeable offer, possibly about £60 million."

croadyman

Paul Hirst/Pol Ballus: "Frenkie de Jong is a regular for Barcelona but it is understood that because of their financial issues the club would be willing to sell him if they received an agreeable offer, possibly about £60 million."
Utd need to be all over this IF by some miracle he was actually available

Blood Mage

Pogba going to City could work out very well for us if it gives us a free run at De Jong.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
60 mill is to good to be true, we should jump on this with everything we have.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Has City all over it unfortunately kind of like Haaland , makes so much sense and therefore should happen tbh.
Unfortunately I think you may be right, I do keep a sliver of hope due to the hag connection and City already having to spend big on halland.
But we'll see.

hobbers

Tragic that the 3 top threads for midfielders are all signings that have exactly 0% chance of happening.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I don't think City will buy him unless they sell someone. If Frankie is available, we have to go for it so I don't see McTominay in the XI. Francie could work well with Fred or VDB.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
So, they let the "ancient one" stay, but might sell Frenkie? Makes little sense.

Becks00

Has City all over it unfortunately kind of like Haaland , makes so much sense and therefore should happen tbh.
I believe we have as much a chance as any other team in signing FDJ if he is moving. I do not subscribe to these defeatist attitude most people on here hold.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
How do FDK and Rodri in the same 11 make any sense?
The following below was how Ajax play in their 4231 system in 18/19 during their attacking transition. FDJ played as libero alongside deep-lying playmaker (Schone). But that only makes sense if Pep wants to play that way, if he forces him to play like how Xavi uses him as CM then probably not gonna work unless if Pep has the method to coach him to play further forward.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Now I’m starting to believe this. Barcelona have no issue to sell him so let’s hope ETH should be able to sign him. We have good chance to replica that Ajax 18/19 midfield with VDB, FDJ, and a deep-lying playmaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.