Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

phelans shorts

Yes, by finishing 6th with a 0 goal difference

I don’t even know what the argument is here. Does United not need signings?
The same squad finished 2nd a year previous and is full of international footballers. They’re blatantly not bums, despite whatever the feck that was last season.

We clearly do need signings to replace out goers of course

LoneStar

I don't mind stalling this if they are absolutely not willing to negotiate lower fees. They are in need of money, and we seem to be the only club interested in buying him.

It doesn't help us that there are loads of reports saying that ETH/United absolutely need him, and that he would be the center piece of the new project, main signing etc.

Put the feelers out for some alternatives and apply pressure on Barca. After all, they need the player to be sold as much or more than we want him. I really hope ETH has not given us just one option i.e. FDJ or nothing. That's not how we should be working.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yes, by finishing 6th with a 0 goal difference

I don’t even know what the argument is here. Does United not need signings?
Signings are needed but it’s not the most important factor which is lifting the current confidence of the players and coaching a system into place.

romufc

I have no idea how anyone can stomach watching that Goldbridge’s videos. It’s tortuous viewing.
I dont understand the number of views he gets. Its actually pathetic the content he comes up with.

TsuWave

The same squad finished 2nd a year previous and is full of international footballers. They’re blatantly not bums, despite whatever the feck that was last season.

Yeah 12 points off top. And 3rd the year before and 6th the year before. United hasn’t competed for a title in a while. Some of these bums have been around for a long time.

Signings are needed but it’s not the most important factor which is lifting the current confidence of the players and coaching a system into place.
So again, what is the argument? Signings and lifting the confidence of the players and coaching a system into place are not mutually exclusive things. United finished 6th. I don’t know why highlighting that as a response to someone saying we should walk away from a player reportedly our number one target, a controversial thing

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

It's nowhere near the same squad, most of our best players from that season are gone.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

If ''full fee guaranteed', true then we have very little left in the kitty for other transfers. Or maybe we get another player for that. Win-win for both sides. Barca gets $$ and lowers their wage bill and UNited gets a twofer. But who?

ForeverRed1

I have no idea how anyone can stomach watching that Goldbridge’s videos. It’s tortuous viewing.
it’s the constant negativity and whining. He can be funny and have good points at times but at the moment he’s so negative. I guess that’s a reflection of where the club is at though.

Posh Red

Surely it’s for the lols?!
I’ve seen a fair few posters taking his opinions seriously. It’s not even just the false rumours he spreads. He’s also just an unbearable personality. I’ve garnered this from about thirty seconds of viewing a video that was shared on here once, so maybe I’ve got him wrong!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
it’s the constant negativity and whining. He can be funny and have good points at times but at the moment he’s so negative. I guess that’s a reflection of where the club is at though.
No, it's what his viewers want to see.

He isn't a United fan and doesn't give a flying feck what the club does. Clearly this fanbase thrive on the negativity and weirdly enjoy taking the piss out of United. He is just delivering them that platform.

Ever since this guy got going the fanbase has grown more and more toxic.

crossy1686

career ending

If ''full fee guaranteed', true then we have very little left in the kitty for other transfers. Or maybe we get another player for that. Win-win for both sides. Barca gets $$ and lowers their wage bill and UNited gets a twofer. But who?
I think full fee guaranteed means they will get the money without crazy add on's like if United win the league or CL, x amount, if he wins ballon d'or, x amount etc. They'll be needing the money in guaranteed instalments instead to balance their books. I'm sure they'd still take the deal over many seasons, they need the cash. Which would mean we have money still to spend this summer.

Lyng

He isn't a United fan and doesn't give a flying feck what the club does. Clearly this fanbase thrive on the negativity and weirdly enjoy taking the piss out of United. He is just delivering them that platform.

The whole he is a nottingham forrest fan is apparently not true.

He does moan and whine a lot, which is why I cant stand to watch his content.
I have seen him on other shows as a guest where his personality seemed completely different so I think you have a point its a persona he is acting out. Mark Goldbridge isnt his real name either.

But I think its unfair to blame him for the fanbase toxicity alone, I think you can share that blame with all the united fan channels. Stretford Paddock have some equally moany twats. I do enjoy Jay Motta but Howson and McKola are terrible to listen to.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think full fee guaranteed means they will get the money without crazy add on's like if United win the league or CL, x amount, if he wins ballon d'or, x amount etc. They'll be needing the money in guaranteed instalments instead to balance their books. I'm sure they'd still take the deal over many seasons, they need the cash. Which would mean we have money still to spend this summer.
Precisely. We did that with Maguire and Leicester. And it limited our other transfers that summer.

saivet

I'd agree, club appearances, international appearances maybe even qualifying for Europe could be conditions Barca may listen to. We may have played a blinder with Martial's ballon d'or clause but clubs won't be falling for that one any more.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The whole he is a nottingham forrest fan is apparently not true.

He does moan and whine a lot, which is why I cant stand to watch his content.
I have seen him on other shows as a guest where his personality seemed completely different so I think you have a point its a persona he is acting out. Mark Goldbridge isnt his real name either.

But I think its unfair to blame him for the fanbase toxicity alone, I think you can share that blame with all the united fan channels. Stretford Paddock have some equally moany twats. I do enjoy Jay Motta but Howson and McKola are terrible to listen to.
As you say he's just playing up to what his fanbase want. I don't blame him personally for that, he's found a gap in the market and is probably doing very well out of it - fair play to him.

Similar to AFTV they realised you get way more views when there is drama, so they engineer it. The issue is a lot of the younger fanbase seem to think moaning and being toxic is the default setting now.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Precisely. We did that with Maguire and Leicester. And it limited our other transfers that summer.
We paid Leicester up front and not instalments. And we spent £150m that summer, nothing was limited.

Lyng

As you say he's just playing up to what his fanbase want. I don't blame him personally for that, he's found a gap in the market and is probably doing very well out of it - fair play to him.

Similar to AFTV they realised you get way more views when there is drama, so they engineer it. The issue is a lot of the younger fanbase seem to think moaning and being toxic is the default setting now.
yeah spot on. And the Youtube algorithm is not helping either.
Would be nice to have a list on here on actual informative and good fan channel.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'd agree, club appearances, international appearances maybe even qualifying for Europe could be conditions Barca may listen to. We may have played a blinder with Martial's ballon d'or clause but clubs won't be falling for that one any more.
Martial literally won the Golden Boy award the year he joined, and was comfortably the best player at the club as a teenager. The Balon’Dor clause was reasonable, but he joined a shit team and began going backwards instead of forwards before long at all.

TuzlaUnited

Move on .
This is why we need DOF who have clear idea what type of football we want to play and have multiple targets who fits in the system.

AndySmith1990

News will break later that we've been on contact again today but still haven't reached an agreement. Barcelona want a guaranteed €87m

saivet

Martial literally won the Golden Boy award the year he joined, and was comfortably the best player at the club as a teenager. The Balon’Dor clause was reasonable, but he joined a shit team and began going backwards instead of forwards before long at all.
That's true though the balon d'or is so strongly tied to a teams success that even if we signed Mbappe in the past he wouldn't have won the balon dor with us either.

ForeverRed1

that’s a myth that he isn’t a United fan, he is. It’s because he’s from Nottingham that people use that narrative against him.There’s pictures out there of him as a kid in united gear.. and he has addressed that multiple times.

maybe that is what people want to see, I’m just talking personal opinion on a forum.. and for me it’s too negative. I’m not a negative fan so I guess it doesn’t fit that narrative for everyone.

I find it very draining and tend to watch the stretford paddock lot more now days as it’s more just about the football aspects and not so much everything under the sun that’s wrong at the moment! I do enjoy fan channels though, give me some united content when there’s no footie on I guess.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That's true though the balon d'or is so strongly tied to a teams success that even if we signed Mbappe in the past he wouldn't have won the balon dor with us either.
To be fair, Mbappé hasn’t won it elsewhere either!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Don’t suppose Ten Hag likes any other midfielders does he? I’d love it if we pulled the rug out from under them.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Move on .
This is why we need DOF who have clear idea what type of football we want to play and have multiple targets who fits in the system.
What the actual feck are you talking about?

- Why move on?
- We have a DOF.
- If we didn't, why would having a DOF mean that we should move on from an obvious target?

What is happening in here?!

Status
Not open for further replies.