Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Barça is allowed to sign anyone they want. Barça CAN pay. It is REGISTERING (in LaLiga, not Champions League btw) the "problem". It won't be an issue in a few weeks.
It has nothing to do with Bayern if they can register him tomorrow or not, or if Barça is linked to 100 players or 0.

I prefer tro try Lewa for free in a year, even if he is one year older.

And current Barça staff has done a GREAT job since they arrived one year ago. We can stop that bulls*** of "mess of a club" for any decision the current executives make.
Does it really matter? I'm sure Barcelona won't sign any player they can't register for la Liga.
As long as Barcelona is in the dark here, they can only play at time. They can't sign other players, and on the other hand they probably also won't sell any player before this issue hasn't been resolved or at least clarified.
This leaves other clubs like Bayern or United in the limbo, as deals can't be finalized.
That's a very messy situation, because clubs can't finalize deals.

Conor

Ten Hag did have a midfield of Fred, McTominay and Hannibal last year. It’s painfully obvious our midfield needs strengthening. Stop with the ostrich routine.
You are literally proving my point, why obsess over 1 guy when basically anyone will upgrade our midfield. Any capable midfielder we sign this summer will be a massive help, the world will not end if we don't get De Jong.

Tavern in the town

You are literally proving my point, why obsess over 1 guy when basically anyone will upgrade our midfield. Any capable midfielder we sign this summer will be a massive help, the world will not end if we don't get De Jong.
This isn’t the way to do business. You don’t just buy players because they’re an improvement on what we have. We’re trying to build a title winning team.

Conor

This isn’t the way to do business. You don’t just buy players because they’re an improvement on what we have. We’re trying to build a title winning team.
You also don't obsess over 1 player like he's the only person that could make a positive impact. To be clear here, I'm talking about the idiots in this thread, not the club. People acting as though Ten Hag will get us relegated without his precious Frenkie.

passi0509

Supports
SV Werder Bremen
Has United already found an agreement with Frenkie? So only Barca and United need to agree on the financial details?

Tavern in the town

You also don't obsess over 1 player like he's the only person that could make a positive impact. To be clear here, I'm talking about the idiots in this thread, not the club. People acting as though Ten Hag will get us relegated without his precious Frenkie.
Yeah that’s fair enough. If it’s true that Ten Hag can’t function without De Jong it reflects quite poorly on him.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Lewandowski is currently the best striker in the world. He is the current world player of they year and second in the balloon d'Or competition. He is 33 but still top fit and never injured. And Bayern had never any intention to sell. I'm sure Lewandowski can still play another 2 to 3 years ago the highest level, if not longer.
So why would they let a player, who is irreplaceable go on the cheap?

Further Barcelona are playing at time. They aren't allowed to sign Lewandowski under the current circumstances. Thus, Bayern can't even sell him now and look for a replacement. No idea when Barcelona actually gets the green light to sign and register players.
They are linked to do many players, Christensen, Alonso, Azpilicueta, Raphina, Kressi, Silva and Lewandowski, probably even more. At the same time they need to reduce their payroll. No idea how they will achieve it. Total mess of a club.
He is the best striker, but you can't go past the fact that he's 33 and only has a few years left. He could have another 2/3 great season, but he could decline rapidly as well. With 30+ players you just never know and especially not when they're closer to 35 than to 30. It could be over any minute. Moreover, he is worth 0 next year because his contract runs out. 30-35m is not cheap at all in this situation. If he had a 2/3 year deal, then a fee in the range of 50m would be more appropriate, but for a 1 year contract it's a ridiculous asking price.

Besides that you're completely going past the fact that Bayern should show some class and respect to a player that's meant a lot to them. It's not like he's 25 and just played for the club for 3 years. He's been there for ages, broke all the records, won the biggest prices and now has a wish to spend the last seasons of his carreer in another country. Instead of respecting a club legend's wishes, Bayern launches a media campaign to make Lewandowski look like a villain. Only because Bayern is butthurt that someone doesn't want to finish the carreer with them. Like that's the end of the world. It's ridiculous and totally classless. Not a way to treat your stars.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
I don't think it is wise for Barcelona to pay 50m for a 33 y/o player given their situation right now. They may as well spend that money on Dembele replacement if he leaves and sign Lewandowski next summer.
I fully agree with you, if you read that post carefully I did mention that I think it's ridiculous Barca are even offering 35m for a player that age in their current financial situation. I understand why they would sign Lewandowski, but if you're like totally broke you should not be spending on players that will only decrease in value.

choccy77

They're clearly wumming and have been for days if not weeks.
Not At all.

I made the point about not signing players until deadline day and how it can cost us winning games, falling behind our rivals as a result.

Redcy

Yeah Ruiz is the next best and probably the only other player that can play the 'De Jong role' but I don't think he's done it before. Which is why we have to get De Jong before any other signing. Missing out on him could change our setup since no other player have proven to play like him
Ruiz has never played that role and is pretty average, by average I don’t mean he is shit , and is an upgrade on mctominay.

so let’s assume Ruiz is our backup, then with other clubs in for him I would see him going for about £32m. In order to play Ruiz instead of de jong you are going to have to replace lindelof. Torres would likely cost us 45m, maybe more but I’ll assume best case. Then we are relying on Ruiz being able to play in such a way that he hasn’t done before. We will still need a RW as sancho /rashford is not enough to play 433, especially if you expect them to do any defensive work.Not sure who you get to play there if Antony/raphinha is 60m. We will also be using Fred still but that’s the same for fdj

Tavern in the town

How can that be true when we literally have the evidence of the contrary, e.g. this season.
I don’t believe it’s true. I’m responding to the poster who said people are acting like we’re going to be relegated without Frenkie. Obviously he was exaggerating but you get the sentiment.

Withnail

Not At all.

I made the point about not signing players until deadline day and how it can cost us winning games, falling behind our rivals as a result.
Fair enough. I just find it odd to see so many posts about this type of thing so early in the window. I'm not even sure we sign that many at the very end. I probably need to put this thread back on ignore for a while.

RuudTom83

Hard to see this not ending without United spending world record level fees! (again)

It is something United need to improve or at least find a way to quicken the process, because the end results never seem to be in favour of the club. IF Frankie joins then you know Barca will be getting every penny they want! and the player will no doubt be close to the top earner at the club.

It begs the question why United even have scouts.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Uh ohhh... better just give in to Barca's demands and blow our entire transfer budget because we all want this done now now now!!
Do you think the desire people to have it done now is solely the spoilt kid wanting shiny new toy or are is there some merit in getting him now, rather than say the end of the window?

Frank Grimes

This won't get done anytime soon, be prepared for a long summer.
We must start getting other players in though. This nonsense that we have to wait for De Jong deal first before we get anyone else in has to stop. I want a shiny new toy now.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Lewandowski is currently the best striker in the world. He is the current world player of they year and second in the balloon d'Or competition. He is 33 but still top fit and never injured. And Bayern had never any intention to sell. I'm sure Lewandowski can still play another 2 to 3 years ago the highest level, if not longer.
So why would they let a player, who is irreplaceable go on the cheap?
I can totally understand why Bayern wants to keep Lewandowski unless an insane offer comes in for a 33 y/o.

Tavern in the town

Do you think the desire people to have it done now is solely the spoilt kid wanting shiny new toy or are is there some merit in getting him now, rather than say the end of the window?
There is some merit to getting him earlier but those people don’t really care about them. They’re simple transfer junkies who need their fix.

croadyman

If true then the plan to wait until we sign de Jong before moving on to other deals will have to change. We can’t be scrambling around at the end of the window trying to sign 3 or 4 players for different positions. Not to mention a lot of our first choice targets may be snapped up by then.
Yeah we cannot dither around until after the season has started, already not ideal it won't be done in time for the tour.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Daddy, daddy, want, want. Our resident spuds fan sounds more fecking plausible than some of you lot.

WPMUFC

If FDJ is going to take up to deadline day then the other targets have to be the priority now. How can we allow this squad to shed so many players and then prep for an influx of 3-4 right at the end of preseason??

If FDJ is a must have for ETH then I can understand it being the hardest to do. However if FDJ has the possibility to be a deadline day deal then there is no reason not to prioritise other signings so they can embed into the squad and ETH systems.

Mr Dilkington

Before we can even start thinking about a title winning team we first have to build a team that can compete with Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. Only then we can even start to think about the next step to challenge Liverpool and City. Would love to get De Jong but even a midfield of say Bissouma and Tielemans would have been a massive upgrade on McFred.

croadyman

I think we’re probably working on numerous deals quietly behind the scenes but barring Eriksen on a free we aren’t planning to pull the trigger until the de Jong deal is wrapped up. Will be interesting to see if this news changes anything, I’m assuming the club would’ve factored this in though and have probably set aside a certain amount for Frenkie and will use whatever’s left for other transfers and will conclude other deals first if they feel this is going to drag on for a long time.
The lack of player sales is greatly concerning, hope you are right about deals being done quietly because not convinced

croadyman

Agreed. I don’t have any issue with de Jong signing. I’m sure that would happen. It’s the others that are on hold because of it I have an issue with. It’s idiotic. Now Antony’s price is 70m because Ajax already sold so many of their players and don’t need the money. If only we could have completed some of our signings before de Jong.
Was never happening due to not knowing how much we had to outlay for De Jong

croadyman

If FDJ is going to take up to deadline day then the other targets have to be the priority now. How can we allow this squad to shed so many players and then prep for an influx of 3-4 right at the end of preseason??

If FDJ is a must have for ETH then I can understand it being the hardest to do. However if FDJ has the possibility to be a deadline day deal then there is no reason not to prioritise other signings so they can embed into the squad and ETH systems.
Yeah we cannot afford to put a hold on every deal for that amount of time, otherwise we really will end up in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.