Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RonaldoVII

We all know Barcelona's finances are terrible so if someone wants one of their players and offers big money there has to be every chance. Hopefully the Dutch connection is working for us already.

mu4c_20le

Great timing, must have waited until Erik got it over the line before he gave his blessing.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He doesn't want to come but was apparently obligated if Barca accepted a big fee right?
Ah maybe not so good news then :lol:

If he really doesn't want to come I hope we just leave it alone. We really don't need an unhappy player...

MalaysianRed7

Would be so, so pleased. £65m+ for him is a better deal than almost any other we could make in his position. A good DM, De Jong and Bruno from before this season is a title winning midfield.

He would also be perfect for Ten Hag. As for him preferring to stay at Barcelona, that’s just a minor inconvenience. Maybe he’ll enjoy life here as well. It’s like changing schools, you’re reluctant at first, but you eventually settle in and everything starts to go as swimmingly as usual.

laughtersassassin

Would be a great signing but I will say if you put him beside Fred or McTominay our Midfield still won't work!

No Love

Frenkie de Schlong reunited with Erik ten Shag, facilitated by Big Dick Arnold.

How could a transfer muppet possibly contain themselves?

Paul778

Is he prepared to graft? i would prefer an up and coming talent rather than yet another player who costs a bomb and then phones in his performance each week

LordSpud

You can picture Ten Hag getting away from the celebrations to a private room, facetiming Richard Arnold and just nodding and saying "Yes, drop the news now"

NewYorkRed

Would be a great signing but I will say if you put him beside Fred or McTominay our Midfield still won't work!
I think him Fred and Bruno could work quite well but I agree, in an ideal world we’d updrage over Fred (even though he’s probably the most likable player in this current team).

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Funny how a transfer that would usually get cafe mad and span hundreds upon hundreds of pages could possibly end so abruptly

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't do this to me this night. I only planned for two shots of whisky.

Dazzmondo

Barca putting their faith in Gavi, Pedri and Nico it seems.
They're getting Kessie on a free and a lot of talk of them potentially getting Bernardo Silva. I did think there was a good chance FDJ would leave this summer tbh, but didn't know if he'd fancy playing Europa League with our mess of a squad. I'd imagine ETH being manager would have been a massive reason for him agreeing to join us if this is true.

saivet

Has he been any good at Barcelona?
From what I've heard and the little I've seen not really but Barca have played him more advanced than he plays for the Netherlands or did play for Ajax

Rolaholic

He's a magician. We've been crying out for someone like him.
He'd be the Carrick deep-lying playmaker replacement we've been dying for for years.

Just hope we don't stop there and surround him with another quality mid because so we see the death of McFred

Status
Not open for further replies.