Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

He wont put in a transfer request.. He is due a large(ish) loyalty bonus.

The Barca media can spin it however they like.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Who has agreed what? All along De Jong has said he wants to stay and just fecked off on holiday. He’s been completely consistent.
We were trying to agree a fee when it was clear he wanted to 100 percent stay so the entire why would we negotiate if he doesn’t want a move falls apart.
It’s like the Di Maria meme, fans on here don’t want to hear it so memes away it’s relevancy.
It’s now the same with moving on.
I don’t blame him for not wanting to come and I have to question any established star who does.
Well that depends on who you believe, some have said he has no interest, some say he's been blown away by our interest and wants to join.

Find it hard to believe we are going all in and continue to on someone who doesnt want to join.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Well that depends on who you believe, some have said he has no interest, some say he's been blown away by our interest and wants to join.

Find it hard to believe we are going all in and continue to on someone who doesnt want to join.
I completely agree. It would make us look even more stupid in the market than we already do, and it would make ETH look a bit daft too, as he's desperate for him to join and must have recieved some kind of encouragement from FDJ.
Otherwise i'm pretty sure he'd have said walk away

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This dude has been repeating the same about de Jong wanting to stay since June 11th.

If that article was written by Santi Ovalle, then no wonder it includes the piece that Frenkie wants to stay. That didn't read like new info to me in the article.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
There's no way it went this far if the player didn't clearly accept to leave... What a funny disaster it would be though :D

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If that article was written by Santi Ovalle, then no wonder it includes the piece that Frenkie wants to stay. That didn't read like new info to me in the article.
It seems like the guys at Cadena Ser covered the story from Lluis Miguelsanz from earlier today and also referenced their own article from a few weeks earlier. The aggregators hence went ahead and relayed the Cadena Ser news from a few weeks earlier without providing the context.

Rolaholic

Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch about that other story, it's based on old information apparently

croadyman

Taken to the cleaner as usual, they make a profit on him after 3 underwhelming years whilst we can't give away our useless cnuts.
Well one thing this does is forces our arm to sell players because won't be much left after this deal

croadyman

Way too much for someone with his wages. A 65+15 would have been a much better balanced offer.

Shame that our fanbase and ETH neutered our negotiating power...
Top class player who definitely wouldn't be available if they weren't in a financial mess

Seij

He wont put in a transfer request.. He is due a large(ish) loyalty bonus.

The Barca media can spin it however they like.
That and he really doesn't want to leave... The only reason I think he'll still end up here eventually is because Barca are literally shoving him out the door (like Madrid did with ADM a few years back).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looks like you’re right. Aggregator accounts gonna aggregate!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It seems like the guys at Cadena Ser covered the story from Lluis Miguelsanz from earlier today and also referenced their own article from a few weeks earlier. The aggregators hence went ahead and relayed the Cadena Ser news from a few weeks earlier without providing the context.
Yeah, that explains why the writer was not disclosed in the article.

Joseunited

Sounds like we're just about there on this one.just need to get Antony,Eriksen and a defender in and we might sneak into the top 4 or win the Europa league.

PoTMS

We are offering €80m fixed + €12m add-ons.
€92m is a lot of money for a "flop" in this current climate. Our negotiating hasn't got any better then, it seems. I'd be happy with his signing, I just hope the fee doesn't affect us getting any more incomings.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Definitely worth it, just a shame we are still hamstrung by a tight budget
I will respect your opinion for sure. Hopefully I will be wrong, anybody is better than no signing. I've just never rated De Jong that highly and a player like him in the clusterfeck that our team is... We shall see

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
€92m is a lot of money for a "flop" in this current climate. Our negotiating hasn't got any better then, it seems. I'd be happy with his signing, I just hope the fee doesn't affect us getting any more incomings.
If he ends up costing 92 million euro he will have been worth it.

TOKUGAWA-X

United are really trying sure it means FDJ wants to come to OT.

It would not make sense all this time wasted if the player doesn even want to come but we know how United operate and theres a possibility that FDJ has not reassured the club.

Anyways, classic United summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.