Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
"Ten Hag knows the Dutch international from their time together at Ajax. He understands the way De Jong plays and knows he would be perfect for the plans he has for his time at Old Trafford.
The alternatives, it has been established, simply do not fit the template or are not good enough.
Ten Hag wants to strengthen a range of positions - and he certainly wants an attacker. But central midfield is key and there is a feeling if De Jong is not part of the package, the new manager will be operating from a weaker position than he wanted."

From Simon Stone. Just for those still asking why we the club is obsessed with this transfer
Hope Barca's internet is down today.

davidmichael

£55 million as a basic fee when Barca wanted £70-£75 million is decent work negotiating wise even if it has dragged a fair bit, if as reported we have a budget of £120-£150 million then were left with at least £65 million and at best £95 million plus it looks like we’re genuinely moving Periera on for nearly £10 million too, I feel optimistic even if I only say it quietly.

Laurencio

What is so far crucially missing from the equation so far is the agreement of personal terms which will reveal how much De Jong wants to come to Old Trafford, if at all. Really, we should be tying that side up first, IMHO, as other clubs do.
I think that is pretty much done, surely we wouldn't be in such a publicised negotiation with Barca without having first gone through the details with his agent.

TheDosser56

It's now a case of WHEN and not IF we see on the Sky Sports News Breaking News Yellow Ticker:

"'Manchester United Agree £68 Fee With Barcelona For Dutch Midfielder Frenkie De Jong"

:drool:

and then we can discuss and focus on other potential signings for the next 8 weeks!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

So ETH comforted FDJ before Seducing him, crafty so and so

What? FDJ is taking a big risk coming to us, just now, hope it pays off for him ...and us!
Every move is a risk, just as leaving Ajax for Barca was, or Henry to Barca, or Hazard to Madrid.
Coming to a club needing to rebuild, with a manager you trust though, could be argued absolutely is more ambitious than say Haaland’s move. All depends how you wanna spin it.

There’s absolutely zero question Klopp showed more ambition than Pep by taking over Liverpool, whereas Pep went Bayern and City. ALL the big successful at that time clubs wanted Klopp.

Jonny Prescott

I don’t know why we aren’t offering a lot more money for Frenkie, Barca clearly need the money and they don’t care about him wanting to stay but we need to meet their demands and they will sell.

He is a top quality player but I wish we could stop with this method of signing players who don’t want to leave. I’m sure you guys are just as tired of hearing about him as I am.

But we need to set our sights on more than just one player. Focusing our efforts on a single player isn’t going to help us at all.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It's now a case of WHEN and not IF we see on the Sky Sports News Breaking News Yellow Ticker:

"'Manchester United Agree £68 Fee With Barcelona For Dutch Midfielder Frenkie De Jong"

:drool:

and then we can discuss and focus on other potential signings for the next 8 weeks!
Think we are paying a touch more than 68 quid fella. :lol:

Wezzaldo

I don’t know why we aren’t offering a lot more money for Frenkie, Barca clearly need the money and they don’t care about him wanting to stay but we need to meet their demands and they will sell.

He is a top quality player but I wish we could stop with this method of signing players who don’t want to leave. I’m sure you guys are just as tired of hearing about him as I am.

But we need to set our sights on more than just one player. Focusing our efforts on a single player isn’t going to help us at all.
Did you sleep through yesterday mate? :lol:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

Is this a real post or an AI generated one? :lol:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Are you just now reading page 127 of this thread?

Spoiler Alert: We should close the deal this week.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I found it. Ole was sacked on the 21st. :lol:

He needs to go now - was great as a player when I started supporting but has outstayed his welcome as a manager. Every week I turn up on a Monday and am having to deal with comments about our results and performances.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Going back to when this broke and you have to say fair fecks to Romero. “95% chance De Jong joins Manchester United for around 80m euros”.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Watching videos of him he looks great, i love his feints and he isn't shy just to run run and run with the ball in the middle of the park.

NLunited

To paraphrase the bible- on the seventh day (Sunday) He rested. Therefore the first day is Monday.
My only concern with FDJ obsession is how will we play in case he gets injured…. It’s a serious question…..given how desperately ETH wants him and he is integral to his style of play….. who will replace him in case of a short term injury (hopefully no long term)….

Can Eriksen be the answer?
There is no like for like replacement, really, but Mejbri is a very good ball carrier.

TheDosser56

Watching videos of him he looks great, i love his feints and he isn't shy just to run run and run with the ball in the middle of the park.
but can he do that in the Premier League? Pogba tried and failed, and Pogba was much stronger

massive risk.

mctrials23

but can he do that in the Premier League? Pogba tried and failed, and Pogba was much stronger

massive risk.
Pogba didn't try that and fail. Pogba tried to invite pressure, hold the player off physically and then go past them far too often and it failed too often. There is no issue with players willing to carry the ball if they do it for the right reasons and in the right places. Pogbas ego got the better of him far too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.