Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Some website called TeamTalk reports that de Jong has rejected a move to United! Probably just more smoke and mirrors from the media.
They're just reporting the Sport story from this morning.

NewYorkRed

When was the last time we signed a top, top young CM? I’m so excited after seeing cesc, kroos, modric, thiago etc play for different teams. This kid is a straight up baller.

Edit: Pogba I guess but he’s a different player to all those guys.

Grande

You nutters made me read through 12 pages of baseless hysterical panic just for the deal to actually now be closer to being announced. :lol: :lol:
It’s gonna be like that ‘Ole’s first real test’ meme.

Frenkie scoring a hat trick in the CL final in his 350th United game. Romano: ‘What I hear today is that Frenkie is definately closer to becoming Utd player’

Bondi77

You nutters made me read through 12 pages of baseless hysterical panic just for the deal to actually now be closer to being announced. :lol: :lol:
Just go to the last page each time mate
Saves reading through all the dribble!

WPMUFC

You didn't read through 12 pages though. Right?
Skim read each page more out curiosity for the mental pretzels people were twisting themselves in to find something in absolutely nothing. Nothing better to do on the morning train to work:lol:

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Skim read each page more out curiosity for the mental pretzels people were twisting themselves in to find something in absolutely nothing. Nothing better to do on the morning train to work:lol:
Hehe, I just read the first sentence of couple of posts and then head to the last page. Can't stand the suspense

klayton88

I wonder if he knows because of the Lewa deal as he is a Bayern source.
What are the chances Barca said you can have De Jong if you don't come anywhere near Lewa. Could see united going for him this summer otherwise.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Martinez in his first year at Ajax played as a defensive midfielder and did really well. It was clear he was a good player.
Good tackler, agile, technically versed, positional awareness. It was really a surprise and unfair that Martinez was merely a bench player in his second year, because Ten Hag concluded that he was only suited as a defender. A quick look and you might not have noticed, but in 20/21 season he was often just a substitute or replacement for either Blind or Tagliafico.

And then this season we found a golden duo with Timber and Martinez, which drove Blind to left back and Tagliafico (Argentinian international) to the bench.
Martinez missed some games this year, but that was because of injury. Otherwise he was one of our best and most important players.
Ten Hag is not going to use him in midfield. Especially because he would also get in the way of De Jong.
You should forget about putting a pure defensive midfielder next to De Jong.
It would only limit him and Ten Hag knows that.
Can you expand on that?

I have the same opinion but can't really defend it, it's a gut feeling that I have had watching him play for Ajax, the ideal player to me is a dynamic but fairly disciplined midfielder not a pure DM.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Romero's 95 per cent tweet really has elevated his stature. I don't think anyone had a clue until then?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What are the chances Barca said you can have De Jong if you don't come anywhere near Lewa. Could see united going for him this summer otherwise.
Lewa wouldn't be interested, so it's pointless. He wants Barca and only Barca, he won't be playing in Europa.

Chicharo

Yeah, Lewa will soon be 34, I doubt he would like to spend his final years in a club that, realistically won't be able to compete for a major trophy for at least another 2-3 years

Sir Erik ten Hag

got the whole fecking box out and ready to go for a double announcement.
This really makes me remember Van Gaal's first summer with us. We announced Herrera and Shaw consecutively in 1-2 days. They were also CM and LB. De Jong is also a CM from La Liga, just like Herrera.

Dr Foo

This really makes me remember Van Gaal's first summer with us. We announced Herrera and Shaw consecutively in 1-2 days. They were also CM and LB. De Jong is also a CM from La Liga, just like Herrera.
Both were good signings, I miss Herrera, Shaw can still get back to his best. With De Jong hopefully we get our first elite tempo dictating midfielder post Fergie

Kramer

According to Spanish reports Barca will hog tie Frenkie, throw him in the trunk of a limo and drive him to Manchester to complete the deal.
These reports don’t seem accurate.

Barca can’t afford a Limo…

allen7

Double dutch signings this week ?
And Martinez, Antony signings next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.