Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Reports here (Barcelona) also suggesting Frenkie has said no. Hope they are just copying each other’s fake news.

copen1945

Who'd knew a manager of his clout would be able to attract Ajax's finest. A pity we weren't able to get any highly rated Norwegians or Bundesliga players the past few seasons.
Much could be said about the Germans, the Norwegians, and the unhealthy sugary drinks. Much has been already in many threads. Forward looking for a bit for me. There is a long way to go back to the top.

Marcus

There is no way Frankie holds this up if there is agreement by Barca to sell. What is more likely is that Frankie cannot convey anything which makes it appear he wants to leave (before he leaves) as there will probably be some contractual clause which kicks in that would hurt him financially (loyalty bonuses etc). This is so done. Next.

ReallyUSA

Reports here (Barcelona) also suggesting Frenkie has said no. Hope they are just copying each other’s fake news.
i don’t think Man Utd does all this without assurances. If so, that’s real amateurish of the board.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Hoping we get the Here we go today. Or Ornbomb I don’t think we’ll get announcements of any kind until next week.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Too much noise for this deal to not happen. Also while there is often a lot of bollocks the British press is definitely more reliable than the Spanish one when it comes to deals with PL clubs involved.

I am happy to get a proper midfielder in, although I am still not sure what the plan will be. Turn him into our CDM, play a more forward-focused double 6 with him and ??
Midfield 3 or a traditional 10?

Pughnichi

Getting fed up of the daily conflicting stories.

Utd close to Break through with De Jong

quickly followed by… De Jong confirms Barca stay.

I’ve decided not to read another Frenkie story until it’s on the official site

Spaghetti

Mom's
not sure how you can be confused... it was a simple question: have we bought anyone yet; have our rivals?
Still over a month before kick off. Not even had a pre-season friendly.

If we had panicked / overpaid for someone, there would be even more dismay.

This is the same signing that we wanted a month ago, but for a lower price. Barça are skint and we had to be patient to get the price down. It’s 33% less than they paid for him from Ajax.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Fair point,

but

He is genuinely world-class and would most likely get into both City's and Liverpool's team - when was the last signing we could say that about?
Quite literally last summer when we signed Varane, Sancho and Ronaldo….

phelans shorts

Still over a month before kick off. Not even had a pre-season friendly.

If we had panicked / overpaid for someone, there would be even more dismay.

This is the same signing that we wanted a month ago, but for a lower price. Barça are skint and we had to be patient to get the price down. It’s 33% less than they paid for him from Ajax.
But the (non international) players have trained for TWO DAYS already. Think of all the valuable time Frenkie is missing right now!

He doesn’t even know where his local Waitrose is!

Woodzy

There is absolutely no way we would have spent so long negotiating if we weren’t absolutely sure the player was coming here. This is done, let’s get our willies out and enjoy it.

WPMUFC

Please let's not start this "de Jong is forcing to stay" nonsense again. It's such a waste of time. :nono:

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Look who liked Donny's "back in training" post on Insta.

All the usual suspects and Wijnaldum. If he'd like to join us for a reasonable fee, then why not? A great f u to Liverpool and cannot wait to see him celebrating in Old Trafford against the scousers.

TheDosser56

Getting fed up of the daily conflicting stories.

Utd close to Break through with De Jong

quickly followed by… De Jong confirms Barca stay.

I’ve decided not to read another Frenkie story until it’s on the official site
Exactly

Why are ManUtd.com not announcing deal agreed subject to medical if it's so close and a formality? That's iffy. They did it with other players. And are trying to promote this new app.

If we don't sign him soon he won't be able to go on the tour. And not having new signings on the tour is a disgrace. That's the whole reason you make signings to get them bedded into the group on a tour. Our poor Australian and Asian fans have to watch the likes of Maguire, Shaw, Rashford and McFred stinking the place up again when they don't deserve another chance after our worst season in living memory. They want to watch the exciting Evra 2.0 Malacia and "Press Resistant" De Jong conducting the play.

Withnail

sounding more and more like a Tory MP. Won't answer a simple question
You're from the UK I take it? Well, you can keep your terrible politicians and refrain from comparing me to them thanks...You never asked me a question but as far as I'm concerned you're taking an overly negative slant on things. Two deals are practically done, we'll hear on Eriksen soon and it's not even July yet.

Last edited:

Hester_manc

What do you guys make of the stories about De Jong wanting to stay at Barcelona despite the two clubs reaching an agreement over a transfer? They can not sell him, if he says "no".

AdNani

to put it into context, if the add ons are all achieved we're paying 14 million more for De Jong than Spurs are paying for Richarlison, very good buisness IMO

Infestissumam

What do you guys make of the stories about De Jong wanting to stay at Barcelona despite the two clubs reaching an agreement over a transfer? They can not sell him, if he says "no".
nothing story. Do people really think we'd spend weeks negotiating a fee if we had doubts about the player being okay with it? This is just facesaving from the local press. "The player would never leave this super awesome club, but evil La Liga with their stupid rules is forcing them to sell."

Status
Not open for further replies.