Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, he likely doesn't want to leave.
Beckham didn’t “want” to leave United, nor Veron, nor Stam. Means very little, once their current club confirm that they are up for sale, they all get on board, and get excited about their new “adventure”.
As for Frenkie, it’s clear from his past and from his Holland interview that working with ETH again and playing in his preferred position is exciting.
In a perfect world Barça would be rolling in it, he’d still be playing with Messi and Xavi would agree with him about his roll in the team. The World aint perfect though.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
If we don't sign de Jong I'll cry. Literally cry. Into a barrel of tears that I've been building up over the last ten years. Obviously the barrel is empty at the moment because of evaporation and I sometimes get thirsty, but my point still stands.

With everything coming out at the club at the moment, all of the positive movement - and it's clear to everyone except the most cynical here that the management in place now is much better than the old regime - it's almost impossible to believe that we would have negotiated with Barcelona this much for so long without being certain that de Jong was coming. Unless Barcelona have decided to be wankers and have been stringing us along, but not even those cnuts would be that cnuty surely.

Someone tell me that he's coming to United. Someone hold me, or post a RAWK style poem or something...
Would a haiku do?

Frozen stiff for years
All seasons come in cycles
Now we are just stiff

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Let's see. One test I'd apply is that no big club has ever? managed to offload that many expensive contracts (~40M / yr) in a single window.

In my book if they succeed, it means that they were forced to do so and had to adopt some unethical means. Spanish clubs are motivated to spin this, so I'm sure they'll get their journos to dig.
The thing that I don't udnerstand here is that you have a list of players that aren't needed and have been barely used by PSG but somehow insist on linking it to something that happened earlier this month.

Just to illustrate my point in the league last season, Kurzawa played around 0 minutes for PSG last season. Paredes played 800 minutes, Abdou Diallo 800 minutes, Icardi 1k minutes, Herrera 1k minutes and Draxler 500 minutes. All of these players are at best third options and some are 4-5 options with both Tuchel and Pochettino choosing to use players out of position before using them. It has nothing to do with Mbappé or FFP or PSG being mean, they are just their deadwood.

Also the list is a speculation from Le Parisien after Al Khelaifi said that certain players are for free to go but that if they want to stay, they will have to fight for their place and that coasting won't be accepted.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
All quiet on the Frenkie front
the silence before the sound
is a quiet envelope between
the now and the after,
your last moment of unknowing
before the sowing
of whatever
whoever
wherever
comes next

Trex

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The moment united realize the whole De Jong saga was an elaborate ploy by Barca to get De Jong to accept lesser wages.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The moment united realize the whole De Jong saga was an elaborate play by Barca to get De Jong to accept lesser wages.
Even gone to the trouble of making De Jong's farewell video to really hit home and make it look real. :lol:

Also, I think I'd torch Camp Nou

Infra-red

All quiet on the Frenkie front
Seems as though it is all done from a club-to-club perspective, so just up to United to agree personal terms with De Jong and his people, a negotiation where you wouldn't expect to hear as much public noise.

United will presumably have sounded out De Jong prior to approaching Barcelona, so it is probably just the boring formality of bonuses, image rights etc to sort out, which can take some time.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Seems as though it is all done from a club-to-club perspective, so just up to United to agree personal terms with De Jong and his people, a negotiation where you wouldn't expect to hear as much public noise.

United will presumably have sounded out De Jong prior to approaching Barcelona, so it is probably just the boring formality of bonuses, image rights etc to sort out, which can take some time.
I know mate, just thought there might be something today.

Infra-red

I know mate, just thought there might be something today.
Probably being finalised today/tomorrow with announcement tomorrow or over the weekend, you'd have thought.

Must be fairly close at this point. I'm sure there will a few hacks hanging around outside United's London offices on Stratton Street, hoping to catch De Jong's agent/lawyers.

Berbaclass

Probably being finalised today/tomorrow with announcement tomorrow or over the weekend, you'd have thought.

Must be fairly close at this point. I'm sure there will a few hacks hanging around outside United's London offices on Stratton Street, hoping to catch De Jong's agent/lawyers.
Yeah absolutely. I think we could get something later.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I would be amazed if at some point in the past two months that Erik has not had a conversation with Frenkie and if he would be keen to be part of his project.
I wonder if Erik even knows Frenkie? Or has his phone number? The whole thing is a ruse by our incompetent management.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
This thread has more pages than the epic Sneijder one from years back, which was considered peak caf muppetry.

the_cliff

How long you think until the daily update from Romano ?

I mean the update that repeats the same thing he was saying every day the past week, just in different words.

Berbaclass

How long you think until the daily update from Romano ?

I mean the update that repeats the same thing he was saying every day the past week, just in different words.
He's probably having convolutions as we speak having not posted anything about it for this long.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You're from the UK I take it? Well, you can keep your terrible politicians and refrain from comparing me to them thanks...You never asked me a question but as far as I'm concerned you're taking an overly negative slant on things. Two deals are practically done, we'll hear on Eriksen soon and it's not even July yet.
my question was there in the thread. Have we signed anyone yet? Have our rivals? I don't care what month it is - pre-season training has started. We're behind our rivals already...

Status
Not open for further replies.