Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

So I guess they're not frantically rushing to complete the FDJ deal today then. No doubt it'll be soon though!

Unless of course he means they will end on a profit, but it's not finished yet.
Could include FDJ income and not announced yet.

NewYorkRed

This lever term has to be most annoying thing ever used in transfer season. Need this to be wrapped up just to hear the end of that nonsense.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You don't understand. They're levers. Normal clubs would "sell off" assets and rights but Barcelona, Masters of Football, Poets, Scholars, Gods, use a system of winches and pulleys to operate. They trade in ether and Ambrosia, not Euros. They sleep on beds made out of diamonds and their diamonds are made by hand, as the carbon is crushed under Barcelona's greatness.

If you wanted to be uneducated you could argue that Barcelona are a regular family that have no money but riddled with Klarna debt to pay for their house, car, and holidays so they can post on Instagram about how amazing their life is. But the reality is that they're Barcelona, Lions and Eagles of Football, The Last Donut in the Box, GOATS.
:lol:
#MesQueEnLoans

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Jealous, not seen James in yonks.
30 year anniversary of the 92 Alton Towers gig, same set list (basically the best of Seven and Gold Mother).

There for 92, poured down, huge beer fight, Johnny Lydon (support) arguing with the crowd, roof nearly blew away, great set … those were the days. Looking forward to this :)

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This lever term has to be most annoying thing ever used in transfer season. Need this to be wrapped up just to hear the end of that nonsense.
Nobody else in the race, United in comfortable position to steer negotiations into reasonable price territory and save some funds for additional fullbacks.

This window could turn into something smart in the end.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
So the situation as it stands now from what I understand is that they have broken even/made a small profit. Any money they get today from other sources, such as player sales will allow them to increase their salary cap next season.

They will be fully focused on agreeing this deal and getting it through now.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It annoys me that they keep on calling it „levers“. It is not some sophisticated financial engineering ffs. It is selling future income with a discount to have cash now.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
You don't understand. They're levers. Normal clubs would "sell off" assets and rights but Barcelona, Masters of Football, Poets, Scholars, Gods, use a system of winches and pulleys to operate. They trade in ether and Ambrosia, not Euros. They sleep on beds made out of diamonds and their diamonds are made by hand, as the carbon is crushed under Barcelona's greatness.

If you wanted to be uneducated you could argue that Barcelona are a regular family that have no money but riddled with Klarna debt to pay for their house, car, and holidays so they can post on Instagram about how amazing their life is. But the reality is that they're Barcelona, Lions and Eagles of Football, The Last Donut in the Box, GOATS.
Sending you a big virtual hug.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I wouldn't say terrible, but did he really get a chance?

OT: Does FdJ really want to go to Man Utd? I mean, if you really want to the deal was already done. I will love to see him play for UTD..
He was terrible, there is no way around it. And of course he got a chance.

Codygoldsbrough

Could include FDJ income and not announced yet.
I'm not an accountant, let alone an accountant at a football club, but they could include FDJ in sales as a debtor, something they expect to receive in the near future. Makes their financials look better.

ash_86

Now that they have shown profits, they can spend 1:1 (before it was 1:3) of what they receive for FDJ. This is what they have been waiting for this long i guess. Now that they can spend, they will ideally go for Rafinha and Lewa

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Now that they have shown profits, they can spend 1:1 (before it was 1:3) of what they receive for FDJ. This is what they have been waiting for this long i guess. Now that they can spend, they will ideally go for Rafinha and Lewa
Problem is that after today it makes selling him on the cheap absolutely pointless. Hopefully it gets wrapped up before then though.

Cypriot

Problem is that after today it makes selling him on the cheap absolutely pointless. Hopefully it gets wrapped up before then though.
I mean €85m reportedly is not that cheap if you think about it. It's not a player pulling 10/10's every week and the club don't want to lose him - it's a player that the manager says "meh" when asked if he is crucial to the team. I'd say it's a good price and it's reflected by how few other bidders there are.

The Urban Goose

30 year anniversary of the 92 Alton Towers gig, same set list (basically the best of Seven and Gold Mother).

There for 92, poured down, huge beer fight, Johnny Lydon (support) arguing with the crowd, roof nearly blew away, great set … those were the days. Looking forward to this :)
Arse, how did I miss this?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’ve just looked at my bank balance and have decided I need to activate an economic lever by today.

I’m getting a cash advance on my TV licence for the next 25 years.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen” – Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

No one understood the transfer market quite like Lenin

romufc

I mean €85m reportedly is not that cheap if you think about it. It's not a player pulling 10/10's every week and the club don't want to lose him - it's a player that the manager says "meh" when asked if he is crucial to the team. I'd say it's a good price and it's reflected by how few other bidders there are.
85m is including add ons, we dont actually know what those are. We have seen in the past United put CL, Ballon D'or clauses. We know the initial fee is £54m, which is very reasonable for a player of his quality.

He may not be pulling trees but he has had 4 coaches in 2 years.

The price is good based on bidders?

You do realise the only reason Barca are selling for the price is because of their economic climate, nothing to do with other bidders?

The bidders doesn't reflect the price, look at Nunez,.

Cypriot

85m is including add ons, we dont actually know what those are. We have seen in the past United put CL, Ballon D'or clauses. We know the initial fee is £54m, which is very reasonable for a player of his quality.

He may not be pulling trees but he has had 4 coaches in 2 years.

The price is good based on bidders?

You do realise the only reason Barca are selling for the price is because of their economic climate, nothing to do with other bidders?

The bidders doesn't reflect the price, look at Nunez,.
Of course, I know it's a good price, but it's not a huge bargain.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we see him here, but if it was an unbelievable deal he'd have at least a couple more clubs matching the bid surely?

ash_86

I don't think price has been an issue at all for barca. Almost all reports that came out kinda have the same figure quoted. My guess is that it's always been how much of it can Barca afford to spend.

Son

We seem to be getting our house in order. I’m liking what I’m seeing from United in his transfer window so far.

All are very fair deals we seem to be trying to conclude for young hungry players. De Jong will 100% be a top player for us. Like Robben and Sneijder leaving Real they soon forgot about their “dream club”. Life goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.