Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
Literally cannot even fathom the carnage that will erupt when he stays. These owners need to go.

redshaw

Wouldn't surprise me if he does take a big pay cut to stay, it's what they've been doing for a while now and even with a bad start to the season they're comfortably second and on the up. People took too much delight in the so called money problems. It's difficult to take any report seriously on them as every scenario is reported.

Barca have a top player statistically and want a decent sum of money and ideally would like to keep him. I'd love for us to get De Jong but he's more like the type of signing when you manage to look like genuine top 4 material, we have so many other issues and oil clubs taking up spots, it's always a stretch in our position for this class of player.

Last edited:

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Wouldn't surprise me if he does take a big pay cut to stay, it's what they've been doing for a while now and even with a bad start to the season they're comfortably second and on the up. People took too much delight in the so called money problems. It's difficult to take any report seriously on them as every scenario is reported.
Embarassed by Frankfurt

Fooza

Mirror vs Laporta

I know who I am believing, the mirror :drool: it's back on!!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Unless you know him personally then you have no idea. Why would he take less wages from a club that is desperate to offload him.

JustinC00

Spanish clubs are master in doing this
I remember when Madrid had Ballbag come with some shite about Pogba calling Zidane and being in tears begging Zidane to bring him to Madrid. If Pogba didn't want to come to United he never would have and he would have been off to Madrid even it meant he had to stay at Juventus another year for Madrid.

Infra-red

Literally cannot even fathom the carnage that will erupt when he stays. These owners need to go.
There will be a seething mass of bile on Twitter (and on here probably), but in the real world, everyone will move on pretty quickly.

I'm no fan of the Glazers, but a Spanish club leading United a merry dance, would not be the owners' fault. We've seen this many times before.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Wouldn't he have already done that?
Wouldn't that have put this transfer to bed before it even started? I think theres more to it than just the wages. The wages are a reason for Laporta to justify the sale in my opinion

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Wouldn't he have already done that?
Wouldn't that have put this transfer to bed before it even started? I think theres more to it than just the wages. The wages are a reason for Laporta to justify the sale in my opinion
Even a 50% decrease is still too much for Barca. He needs to go.

Smores

This is just to create narrative that Barca didnt want to sell but player reluctance to accept half the salary contract and wage bill forced them to sell to United and they got a great deal. Every Barcelona media account will run this narrative. Spanish clubs are master in doing this
But their fans aren't even bothered about him leaving are they? Everyone already knows they're forced to sell for funds so this narrative doesn't really make any sense.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
As i say, if he loves Barca as much as they'd like us to believe, money and wages wouldn't be an issue for him.
Theres a lot more too it, and my bet is that the club or Xavi doesn't want him as much as he thinks they do.

You don't agree a fee with another club then say you don't want the player to leave? Makes no sense at all.

Keefy18

Sigh... I'll get a feck tonne of hate for this but honestly I don't care. It's my honest opinion.

De Jong does not want to join our absolute circus, why would he? It's a frying pan to fire situation.

Every single source around him and he himself has stated he does not want to leave.

Seen other posters get dogs abuse for saying its nothing like ADM, But it absolutely is and folks simply do not want to admit it for various reasons. You want to cling onto the hope that we're in a new era, a rebuild with a talented young manager.

We might well end up with FDJ but doesn't mean he wants to be here and I think ultimately it'll be yet another talented youngster destroyed by our club.

Edit: Statement from Laporta sounds like he'd keep FDJ if he can talk him into a pay cut.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Mirror is such an unbelievably shit source unfortunately.. but my god, you’d better believe that I am believing them.

Zevvythered

I’m impressed just how easily and quickly people on here can piss the bed.
Mate have you been living under a rock???? This is United all over, fans being told we are preparing bids for top players!!

Woodward, Murtough nothing changes until the Glazers are gone…

The statement from United regarding Ronald’s staying because of his commercial value tells you everything you need to know… Money talks, BS walks, well unless a united fan

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
The alternative is to sell FdJ and use that money to buy Lewa + Raphinha and not sell their TV revenues. The choice seems obvious to me atleast.
If Barcelona does not sell the television rights they cannot register anyone.
That option is not valid.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It wouldn't be a proper transfer without a few muppets jumping ship. This just gives me more faith it'll get done.

Judas

Open to offers
Mate have you been living under a rock???? This is United all over, fans being told we are preparing bids for top players!!

Woodward, Murtough nothing changes until the Glazers are gone…

The statement from United regarding Ronald’s staying because of his commercial value tells you everything you need to know… Money talks, BS walks, well unless a united fan
Your sheets need changing.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If FDJ's priority and desire is to stay they I absolutely have no problem with that.

If he's been giving EtH positive vibes and Barca have been stringing along, it's time to walk away and leave it.

Call their bluff, do something. Laporta is trying his best to be Perez by the sounds of it.

Like United, Barca will always be one of the few iconic clubs in world football but he knows that economically Barcelona cannot bring in all the names he mentioned today, and he also knows the players who need to reduce their salaries won't do so to the level that is required, or else they would have done so by now.

If there are legs in it, carry on, if not just call it a day.

Joseunited

Laporte just saving face.
We are negotiating the FDJ transfer, Christ it's there for all to see.
He'll be a United player next week.

JustinC00

de Jong would probably have to play for virtually nothing is my guess because if it was even 50% his decision would be known by now and we would have been told and moved on.

Keefy18

It wouldn't be a proper transfer without a few muppets jumping ship. This just gives me more faith it'll get done.

TBF how many big name signings have we made and improved?

Folks tagging it muppets and meltdowns are so incredibly arrogant.

Our club is a circus, high time everyone was in full agreement and just accepted regardless of him signing or not its bad business. If he doesn't want to be here we shouldn't be anywhere near signing him.

It's fecking gas.. On the Ronaldo thread its "if he doesn't want to be here let him off".

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I’m impressed just how easily and quickly people on here can piss the bed.
I don't find it all that impressive, personally :p

Anyway, I'm absolutely convinced FDJ will be playing for United before this window shuts. Yeah, Barca are haggling for all they're worth. Why shouldn't they? There are still two months of the current window remaining, they're in no rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.