Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
Yes absolutely, he has no ability to read danger either but neither do McTominay, De Jong or most normal midfielders.

Its the ones like Rice who can fill in like an extra defender who actually do have those instincts but then people dont want them because they dont seem fancy enough on the ball
Dunno, this looks like pretty good reading of danger to me (for example)

Ekeke

Dunno, this looks like pretty good reading of danger to me (for example)

I'm sure someone could find 1 example of McTominay or Pogba getting back to help out too. Its about how often not finding evidence of it happening once ever.

Its good dont get me wrong. Its just you dont depend on someone because they did something once, you depend on them because they consistently do something and dont let you down when you expect it

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Bayern have a strict wage structure that De Jong is going to break (while he's not even going to be a guaranteed starter, even though eventually I think they'd settle on Kimmich - De Jong behind Müller). He's going to earn more than Neuer & Lewandowski and Rummenigge had shown time and again that he's not going to break that structure for anyone — even for someone like Alaba.

So yeah, City, us, Chelsea and, of course, there's always an option of Paris — they would love to sign someone for their back 7 of De Jong's quality.
His salary will be reduced no matter where he goes next unless it is Newcastle. No one will pay Barca wages. No one will pay him £354,000. Not even half of it unless it is a free transfer, and even that will unsettle the dressing room.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

If I could choose just one midfielder for the summer it'll be him. He's great, even in a poor Barca side you can see he's class. We should go for it, if there was a chance to take him from barca it's now.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
His salary will be reduced no matter where he goes next unless it is Newcastle. No one will pay Barca wages. No one will pay him £354,000. Not even half of it unless it is a free transfer, and even that will unsettle the dressing room.
We can easily pay him 250k since that’s what we pay to Rashford and Martial.

AussieDevil

The guy will be taken to cleaners in EPL, he is slow and has physicality of a ballerina. For a guy like him to work in EPL you need a powerhouse like Rice to be beside him and devise some strategy that the two of them gel together as the two midfield pivots.
The same was said about Rodri.

RoyH1

We must absolutely go for this guy. Brilliant footballer. If he goes to City or Liverpool I'd be so gutted.

Hughie77

Love this boy, but it's a long shot if we get him, it's calibre of player UTD should be going for though. Love to see him in our CM

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm sure someone could find 1 example of McTominay or Pogba getting back to help out too. Its about how often not finding evidence of it happening once ever.

Its good dont get me wrong. Its just you dont depend on someone because they did something once, you depend on them because they consistently do something and dont let you down when you expect it
How many games of De Jong have you watched where he played as a DM or as a CB?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
A handful of Ajax games where they were open when he was playing deep in midfield
That was 3 years ago :confused:

How much of that had to do with De Jong as opposed to the Ajax style of play? Would they have been less open with Schone or Blind in that position?

He's had 65 apps in the DM/CB position since.

There's some defending in this clip:

But feel free to tune in when Busquets is injured or when Holland plays and you'll see he stylistically resembles Carrick (and interestingly LVG is using him the exact same way he did Carrick).

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't want Barcelona regularly -

Has Xavi shown signs of going towards a La Masia approach like concentrating more on players like Gavi, Pedri, Puig and Fati?

OmarUnited4ever

I would be interested to see if we can bring him here, he could be an upgrade in the CM role that's currently occupied by McFred.

Biggins

If he is attainable, we should do everything to get him. Central midfield is a glaring hole in our squad and De Jong would be a very good step into the right direction. This doesn’t change the fact that we will need another CM as well.

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
I don't want Barcelona regularly -

Has Xavi shown signs of going towards a La Masia approach like concentrating more on players like Gavi, Pedri, Puig and Fati?
I have seen all of Barcelonas games this season to witness the downfall first hand. Frenkie dejong pretty much plays every game. Puig never plays, Pedri and fati have been injured since xavi joined. Gavi plays wing since almost all their attack is injured. Depay is injured too now for a month, luckily for then dembele is back.

Aguero - injured
Braithwaite - injured
Fati- Injured, barely played
Dembele- just back from injury
Depay- now injured for a month

Luuk de jong is the only one who has been fit but does not play.

No wonder they havent scored any goals.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

Bebestation

I have seen all of Barcelonas games this season to witness the downfall first hand. Frenkie dejong pretty much plays every game. Puig never plays, Pedri and fati have been injured since xavi joined. Gavi plays wing since almost all their attack is injured. Depay is injured too now for a month, luckily for then dembele is back.

Aguero - injured
Braithwaite - injured
Fati- Injured, barely played
Dembele- just back from injury
Depay- now injured for a month

Luuk de jong is the only one who has been fit but does not play.

No wonder they havent scored any goals.
Thanks. That doesn't exactly sound like a problem with Frenkie De Jong then.

Just had heard rumours that Xavi has been disappointed with players like Dest or Frenkie; and was wondering if he had changed the "philosophy" of the club back a bit.

Suedesi

I cant believe people seriously believe he can leave Barca. He is a fan. As long as they want him he wont leave
I haven't seen him recently, how has been playing? To me it seems he hasn't really kicked on, but that's probably due to the shitty club situation.

If I were to hazard a guess, Barca are in a much bigger financial hole than Laporta and co have let on. He will be sold if a suitable offer comes in. The problem is he's on 400k pwk wages.

Bebestation

I haven't seen him recently, how has been playing? To me it seems he hasn't really kicked on, but that's probably due to the shitty club situation.

If I were to hazard a guess, Barca are in a much bigger financial hole than Laporta and co have let on. He will be sold if a suitable offer comes in. The problem is he's on 400k pwk wages.
I got to find it funny how people don't really think about our players like this. (Not saying anything about you ofcourse).

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord

Frenkie is a Scottie Pippen, he'll never be a Jordan that is the best player on the team but he's been overrated and placed as a saviour when he's not that. He is a great footballer and in the right setup could add so so much, problem at Barca is, much much more was expected amd in addition the emergence of Gavi, Nico and Pedri has made Frenkie look a bit dispensable. The three amigos will be demanded for by the fans, its started already with many calling for De Jong to be dropped and the three amigos, Nico, Pedri and Gavi to play. I think eventually he'll be sold for extra funds and I hope we snag him, he and Fred would be a cheat code as the two deeper mids.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Hopefully the rumours about Barcelona being extremely keen on F.Torres are true and if he has to go then FDJ can feature somewhere in the deal. Haaland in the play up top and FDJ in to replace Gundogan (who is now 31). It feels like next summer there’ll be some big names on the move, including Mbappe.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Frenkie is a Scottie Pippen, he'll never be a Jordan that is the best player on the team but he's been overrated and placed as a saviour when he's not that. He is a great footballer and in the right setup could add so so much, problem at Barca is, much much more was expected amd in addition the emergence of Gavi, Nico and Pedri has made Frenkie look a bit dispensable. The three amigos will be demanded for by the fans, its started already with many calling for De Jong to be dropped and the three amigos, Nico, Pedri and Gavi to play. I think eventually he'll be sold for extra funds and I hope we snag him, he and Fred would be a cheat code as the two deeper mids.
Exactly this.

I cant believe people seriously believe he can leave Barca. He is a fan. As long as they want him he wont leave
Barca could do with with the funds. They have Busquets, Pedri, Gavi, Nico, Puig in midfield and they have no quality forwards/defenders with the exception of Memphis and Araujo (Dembele and Fati are permanently injured). They could really use the funds to strengthen those areas. Alba, Alves, Pique are fossils. Dest, Umtiti, Mingueza are shite.

redshaw

He might not be a huge Barca fan but he has a downward look on the premier league. I'm sure he sees himself as part of the solution at Barca and Spain/Barca is where his game type should be so unless they look to offload him I don't think he's ready leave and Barca could be back in a couple of years.

Maybe his attitude has changed or he might still be scoffing at the thought of the PL so I wouldn't be so quick to say get Frenkie like it would be easily done and he's keen on English football.

Suedesi

Pretty apt description

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What i wouldn't give for us to take him off their hands, seriously. FDJ-Camavinga-Bellingham is my dream 2023 midfield

RUCK4444

He might not be a huge Barca fan but he has a downward look on the premier league. I'm sure he sees himself as part of the solution at Barca and Spain/Barca is where his game type should be so unless they look to offload him I don't think he's ready leave and Barca could be back in a couple of years.

Maybe his attitude has changed or he might still be scoffing at the thought of the PL so I wouldn't be so quick to say get Frenkie like it would be easily done and he's keen on English football.
Does any player scoff at the PL really though? Imo only in the sense that they know they can’t hack it.

It’s the ultimate test as far as leagues go, no doubt about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.