Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Becks00

De Jong's fiancee better never dream of leaving him. I just pity the poor dude who would be in the unfortunate position of being the one she fancies should that time ever come.

Giggsy13

For crying out loud. He rates us as his last-choice destination and we’re still trying to sign him? He’d rather play for other clubs over us but 100% wants to avoid us? This pursuit is idiotic at best, masochistic at worst.
You really find it hard to read between the lines don’t you?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah right he doesn’t want to join us but we want to go this far. But we didn’t apply the same logic when timber said he didn’t want to join us. Come on, of course it means we have been given a green light by the player if we are willing to go this far.

Fiocca

I refuse to believe utd have done it again and spent weeks after a fella who has no interest. Therefore the latest tweets can't be true. Ed is gone, utd can't still be broken. It can't.......
Careful now. You'll be popping the back of your hand on your forehead and feinting like a little girl in a moment.

sepulturite

Next on SPORT: Frenkie sleeps nude in an oxygen tent, which he believes gives him sexual powers!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Logic and common sense say if Barcelona is asking him to leave and he is not wanted then he will leave. This will happen people.

Pronewbie

Peep
Sounds like we've started applying pressure on Barca and De Jong and should have concrete news this week. Barca need to pay up his deferred wages and move on. If De Jong decides to stay despite getting his deferred wages then that's fine too. I'll take it as a bullet dodged.

mu4c_20le

Don't like Fabrizios tweet.... man UTD not giving up. Sounds like we are on the back foot

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We’ve definitely agreed to pay his deferred wages haven’t we. It was 46m last week.

Dansk

It's silly to believe that United would still be clinging this transfer if FDJ hadn't told ETH that he'd come. All these stories about him staying are a combination of the fact that he wants the money he's owed and then journalists just spewing fiction for the clicks.

But I do suspect we'll end up having to pay the deferred wages for Barcelona, which is a bit undignified.

TheHeya

My prediction is he’ll go on pre season with the team tomorrow and their social media account will post pics of him in training to get this views and clicks. Spotify will be happy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If United pay the deferred wages should the club purchase a TV ad during Barcelona's CL games explaining that they are a shameless Football club?

ti vu

It's silly to believe that United would still be clinging this transfer if FDJ hadn't told ETH that he'd come. All these stories about him staying are a combination of the fact that he wants the money he's owed and then journalists just spewing fiction for the clicks.

But I do suspect we'll end up having to pay the deferred wages for Barcelona, which is a bit undignified.
Not necessarily. If we can agree to structure the deal to pay more upfront, it's like lending Barcelona money with no interest. That works too without bumping the deal overall fee a whole £17mil.

Pronewbie

Peep

It sounds like the disagreement now is between De Jong and Barca/Us. We are pretty much the Sugar Daddy here.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Do Barca go on tour tomorrow? He’ll go with them if the deal isn’t done

Bebe

It's genuinely shocking to me that anybody believes a hint of Barcelona's propaganda these days. They're utterly broke, trying to save face and throwing FdJ under the bus. No idea whether the transfer will happen, but its not because this kid has an ABU personal transfer policy ffs

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
We’ve definitely agreed to pay his deferred wages haven’t we. It was 46m last week.
Was it? Last week was 65+25m euros and now it seems to be 75+15m euros. Which tells me that you're sort of right that we have compromised some of the payment that were add ons to guaranteed cash to help pay it. It's actually a sensible win win solution.

Eplel

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Well, he didn't give himself that long contract extension, he wasn't good enough as United manager, but I don't think anyone can accuse him of sabotaging on purpose.
I was joking man hence the ;)

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Remember when you said the Chelsea interest was real and I said it wasn't. I do. You attacked my logic then and now you come in here spouting shite about 'conspiracy'

You're so deep in the mud you're drowning.
I remember saying it could be real and I've seen no proof to say they absolutely are/were not interested. I just think it's laughable how you all only want to allow what fits your theories. You are every bit like conspiracy theorists. And for what? A fecking football player moving to United? I've honestly never known anything like some of the posters in this thread. Probably because they live in their bedrooms and you don't come across them much in the outside world.

I've never said he won't come or that I don't want him, so I'm not drowning in anything. It just doesn't phase me and I've explained this clearly to you once before. You make the mistake of thinking I care as much as you how this unfolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.