Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I remember saying it could be real and I've seen no proof to say they absolutely are/were not interested. I just think it's laughable how you all only want to allow what fits your theories. You are every bit like conspiracy theorists. And for what? A fecking football player moving to United? I've honestly never known anything like some of the posters in this thread. Probably because they live in their bedrooms and you don't come across them much in the outside world.

I've never said he won't come or that I don't want him, so I'm not drowning in anything. It just doesn't phase me and I've explained this clearly to you once before. You make the mistake of thinking I care as much as you how this unfolds.
I don't think of you

OrcaFat

If I’m following this right, he doesn’t really want to leave Barca but he will as long as he gets his back wages. He doesn’t especially want to come to us but he will if the deal is right and because he likes ETH (if other clubs were willing and able he might prefer them but no other clubs are all that interested). Probably feels he won’t get his money even if he stays.

Barca want to make everyone involved in this look like mugs or worse and are pretty keen to shaft FDJ from all angles, blithely making new signings while blaming FDJ for bringing the club to its knees by having the temerity to claim what he is owed (no more). Probably they’d rather burn their own stadium down than lose face (or fulfill their obligations).

We want FDJ but we won’t accept a hosing. Probably we don’t have a realistic alternative and we are pressing on in the hope that the assurances we’ve been given will actually hold up (they often don’t).

Looks like if this deal doesn’t happen, everyone loses. At the same time, I can’t say it looks too rosy for anyone if the deal does happen.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I remember saying it could be real and I've seen no proof to say they absolutely are/were not interested. I just think it's laughable how you all only want to allow what fits your theories. You are every bit like conspiracy theorists. And for what? A fecking football player moving to United? I've honestly never known anything like some of the posters in this thread. Probably because they live in their bedrooms and you don't come across them much in the outside world.

I've never said he won't come or that I don't want him, so I'm not drowning in anything. It just doesn't phase me and I've explained this clearly to you once before. You make the mistake of thinking I care as much as you how this unfolds.
You have nearly 300 posts in this thread, you're clearly somewhat invested in this transfer. Stop pretending you aren't a transfer muppet and admit it...you're one of us. ;)

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
So I think an important distinction should be made about his wages.

Initially it appear that they were deferred wages. This would mean in essence that Frenkie loaned Barcelona and that he accrued or earned those wages over the past few seasons with a view to being repaid on this loan over the remainder of the contract. Under these circumstances Frenkie would be completely entitled to sit tight and demand his money. He would also be entitled to this legally.

But I've recently read that the wages aren't actually deferred. It's just simply part of his contract that he'll be paid a lower amount initially followed by a pre-arranged wage increase written in the contract which begins at the start of the upcoming season. This would be a completely different scenario, and while it would mean Barca are behaving in a pretty morally reprehensible way it would also mean that legally Frenkie is not entitled to anything.

Anyone know for sure which one it is?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You have nearly 300 posts in this thread, you're clearly somewhat invested in this transfer. Stop pretending you aren't a transfer muppet and admit it...you're one of us. ;)
I thought that I didn't care until I checked my posts count. @pocco I feel your pain. :(

Kaos

Has Van Gaal given his unwarranted opinion yet? Only way Frenkie gets on the plane to Qatar is if he stays at Barca right?

angak

If I’m following this right, he doesn’t really want to leave Barca but he will as long as he gets his back wages. He doesn’t especially want to come to us but he will if the deal is right and because he likes ETH (if other clubs were willing and able he might prefer them but no other clubs are all that interested). Probably feels he won’t get his money even if he stays.

Barca want to make everyone involved in this look like mugs or worse and are pretty keen to shaft FDJ from all angles, blithely making new signings while blaming FDJ for bringing the club to its knees by having the temerity to claim what he is owed (no more). Probably they’d rather burn their own stadium down than lose face (or fulfill their obligations).

We want FDJ but we won’t accept a hosing. Probably we don’t have a realistic alternative and we are pressing on in the hope that the assurances we’ve been given will actually hold up (they often don’t).

Looks like if this deal doesn’t happen, everyone loses. At the same time, I can’t say it looks too rosy for anyone if the deal does happen.

This is a fair summary.

However he always been open to coming to coming united otherwise we would never have started negotiations. The official line from FDJ camp has been that he 'wants to stay' to ensure that he receives all of his wages owed to him on his way out as opposed to a transfer request which would leave the door open to forgoing the wages.

That MUTV interview is going to be awkward as hell :lol:
Only if you believe he 100% isn't interested in coming, as in, the Spanish press garbage.

If you believe that his priority is to stay at Barca, but failing that he's spoken multiple times with ETH and has United and a reunion with his old manager as his next option (as has been reported by the UK press), then the interview won't be at all awkward. He'll simply address that he intended to spend his career at Barca, but understands the financial difficulties the club has faced, especially since Covid and has been in contact with ETH and insisted to him all along that if he would leave Barca then it would be to join him.

DutchCruijff

I don't see their angle if that's the case. Frenkie could just come out and say "I'll happily join United if I get the money owed to me, otherwise I'll have to stay".
Except that's not the case, he needs Barca to genuinely believe he isn't gong to move for him to hold greater leverage.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Only if you believe he 100% isn't interested in coming, as in, the Spanish press garbage.

If you believe that his priority is to stay at Barca, but failing that he's spoken multiple times with ETH and has United and a reunion with his old manager as his next option (as has been reported by the UK press), then the interview won't be at all awkward. He'll simply address that he intended to spend his career at Barca, but was in contact with ETH and insisted to him all along that if he would leave Barca then it would be to join him.
This is it really. He personally hasn't said a word publicly.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
That MUTV interview is going to be awkward as hell :lol:
“So Frenkie when did you first hear of Manchester United’s interest?”
“Probably when Laporta began putting subliminal messages in my alphabetti spaghetti”.

Status
Not open for further replies.