Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

city-puma

I know what’s happened. But that’s not what you said. You didn’t reference deferred wages in your comment. You mentioned their public treatment and trying to force him out.

Publicly saying he wants to stay is why publicly they are telling him to leave. It’s both a game and the club normally wins.
Ok. you think what they are doing has no problem. I get it. They are disgusting, it’s my opinion.

Mainoldo

Ok. you think what they are doing has no problem. I get it. They are disgusting, it’s my opinion.
They own his contract now they want to own new contracts for players they believe will improve them. Unfortunately to do that his contract needs to be owned by a new employee.

Everything else is extra. I wish we could do the same with Harry Maguire. I would imagine you wouldn’t be so sympathetic if Maguire refused to go to Everton because we didn’t want to pay his loyalty bonus in full worth £8m.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Can anybody hazard a guess as to why we have paid them more money than agreed if they're not even giving it to him? I almost believed the tweets saying Murtough is a tough negotiator and keen to change the perception of us being pushovers.

This is our problem. We make ourselves look desperate and don't play the game. We make it obvious from the get go that we have no other options. It doesn't help when our fans are crawling all over social media putting pressure on to sign players and twerking for different players. I bet the selling clubs love dealing with us.

lex talionis

They own his contract now they want to own new contracts for players they believe will improve them. Unfortunately to do that his contract needs to be owned by a new employee.

Everything else is extra. I wish we could do the same with Harry Maguire. I would imagine you wouldn’t be so sympathetic if Maguire refused to go to Everton because we didn’t want to pay his loyalty bonus in full worth £8m.
Putting aside the question of whether Maguire is or is not expendable, if it meant allowing us to substantially improve the squad I’m pretty sure most of us would have no problem paying the 8m to send Harry off to Everton.

Tarrou

Barca are doing some serious damage to their reputation

they are being run by absolute clowns it seems, forcing a player out to save some cash whilst also spunking loads of cash on other players at the same time

can't imagine other players will be so willing to go there after all this plays out, and the real story gets out from FDJ and his agent

Zetrio2002

Frenkie is sure one egoistical person to put himself against the club.

Most players would just leave on goodwill and continue to their good relationships with their old club and new club. That's not to say someone with a big head won't succeed. People like CR7 or Zlatan have succeeded.

buckooo1978

Can anybody hazard a guess as to why we have we paid them more money than agreed if they're not even giving it to him? I almost believed the tweets saying Murtough is a tough negotiator and keen to change the perception of us being pushovers.

This is our problem. We make ourselves look desperate and don't play the game. We make it obvious from the get go that we have no other options. It doesn't help when our fans are crawling all over social media putting pressure on to sign players and twerking for different players. I bet the selling clubs love dealing with us.
i might be wrong but are reports suggesting we are paying more up front rather than add ons?

i took that as giving Barca the means to settle wage dispute?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Can anybody hazard a guess as to why we have paid them more money than agreed if they're not even giving it to him? I almost believed the tweets saying Murtough is a tough negotiator and keen to change the perception of us being pushovers.

The total amount is still the same. We're just paying less in the add-ons.

croadyman

Barca has isolated FDJ. He is not in their first preseason friendly. Now Barca publicly shame him not to leave. They are really disgusting.
Big difference to having the guts to leave out of a tour which as I say I still think could go either way

Mainoldo

Barca are doing some serious damage to their reputation

they are being run by absolute clowns it seems, forcing a player out to save some cash whilst also spunking loads of cash on other players at the same time

can't imagine other players will be so willing to go there after all this plays out, and the real story gets out from FDJ and his agent
After he signs for us no one will care.

They made Adama sign in January for 10k a week with a promise he’d be compensated generously when they sign him in the summer.

He‘s now back at Wolves after spending months missing out on his 50k a week contract at Wolves. Guessing he won’t be getting that back.

Skills

Snitch
If United pay the deferred wages should the club purchase a TV ad during Barcelona's CL games explaining that they are a shameless Football club?
We could buy the naming rights of Nou Camp for a season, and rename it 'Give it Giggsy till the end of the season'.

Becks00

A little more detail from the Simon Jones article. And once again it's being reported here about the money owed to the player being the problem.

Why are we not hearing anything about the deferred wages from the likes of Romano and the spanish outlets. The best Romano has said is that he isn't taking a paycut and I do believe Romano is getting his info from Frenkie's agent or people close to him.

Surely if he intends to move should Barca pay the deferred wages or they come to some kind of agreement, would it not be in his best interest to be briefing along the lines of I need my money rather than staying at Barca is my priority.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don't know who is supposed to be reliable anymore, but I thought the likes of Romano had reported it. And he's been mentioned by Ornstein and Whitwell, so I guess they value his information.
Romano plus Ducker were both reporting a broad agreement, not a firm one. The initial proposed structure had a lower guaranteed amount, but it was never set in stone. The structure reported today is now set in stone.

::sonny::

Can’t understand why players are interested to play in a poor and shit club like barça what’s wrong with them

Probably for the spanish sun and lazy training sessions

city-puma

Are you serious? You defer the salary in goodwill for your employer to navigate a difficult economy. Now, your employer ask and try to force you leave and forfeit the deferred salary. You are happy with it and accept it? You are kind really, maybe too nice?

buckooo1978

Yeah that's right, but why? It's been reported 100 times that the fixed fee was agreed weeks ago. Why have we added €10m now if not so they can pay him?
could be in motion?

they owe him more than 10m according to reports....

they are trying to squeeze him? Take 10m and leave now? who knows

its such an unusual transfer - I'm sure Ten Hag understands all aspects though

Mainoldo

Are you serious? You defer the salary in goodwill for your employer to navigate a difficult economy. Now, your employer ask and try to force you leave and forfeit the deferred salary. You are happy with it and accept it? You are kind really, maybe too nice?
No I want my money. But the club I’m trying to get it off are clearly as crooked as the letter S. He still has a football career and like a court settlement you get what you can and move on. He’s not getting £17m back and he should know that.

TsuWave

Isn’t there any sort of authority De Jong can turn to to get the money owed to him? This is insane

croadyman

Why are we not hearing anything about the deferred wages from the likes of Romano and the spanish outlets. The best Romano has said is that he isn't taking a paycut and I do believe Romano is getting his info from Frenkie's agent or people close to him.

Surely if he intends to move should Barca pay the deferred wages or they come to some kind of agreement, would it not be in his best interest to be briefing along the lines of I need my money rather than staying at Barca is my priority.
Surely if tier 1 Utd sources are reporting about the deferred wages then they are more reliable than the Spanish ones.

Cal?

CR7 fan
No I want my money. But the club I’m trying to get it off are clearly as crooked as the letter S. He still has a football career and like a court settlement you get what you can and move on. He’s not getting £17m back and he should know that.
If he refuses to move and Bales it for a few years, he gets every penny of it and Barca have a whole bunch of players they can't use in La Liga.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Post from Reddit made me laugh because it's true :lol:

I said this in a previous thread. Two things can literally be true at the same time.

I can want a steak, find they’ve run out and be perfectly content with a fish and chips or whatever.

On the internet though, my preference for a steak means I fecking hate fish and chips, never want to eat it never mind be associated with it

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
A little more detail from the Simon Jones article. And once again it's being reported here about the money owed to the player being the problem.

The balls on these guys.

"Frenkie you need to leave, it's crucial for the club!"
"Why, the club is going broke?"
"No but we already spent the money on other players"

The way how Barcelone but the cart before the horse is ludicrous, they're taking a huge gamble and if FdJ decides not to cave, they'll end up with a couple of very valuable enregistered players they're paying for pretty much nothing.

TsuWave

It’s not owed, it was deferred (or back ended). He signed a revised contract that meant he’d get a lot more wages in the next couple of years of his contract… if he leaves, that contract is gone.
De Jong has to hang Laporta out the window like Suge Knight did to Vanilla Ice

TheReligion

Abusive
Listen I know this is a long shot but given the way De Jong is being treated here do we think there’s any point in the Caf clubbing together and contacting Dom Littlewood and Matt Allwright?

I appreciate Anne Robinson isn’t involved in Watchdog anymore but the show still has some sway and usually gets good results.

Ultimately they need to pay him what he’s owed and Laporta needs bringing to account. It makes perfect sense to get the BBC involved from where I’m sitting.
Isn’t there any sort of authority De Jong can turn to to get the money owed to him? This is insane
Dominic Littlewood would sort it out.
@Dobba I offered this very same advice some time ago and was ignored.

Wheato

All this stuff about De Jong being dragged out of Barcelona against his will is total nonsense. They owe him 17m euros in deferred payments from lockdown. Yes, they asked their players to hang around for free!!

Not only do they owe him a years salary, they have asked him to take a pay cut, because they cannot afford to pay him what was agreed in his contract.

It's a bit like going into a Lamborghini show room and selecting a car, then when the dealer asks for payment, Laporta just says, "Oh no, we're not paying you money for the car. This car wants to come home with us!."

If FDJ really wanted to stay, he would accept the drop in salary and write off the 17m that it owed to him.

He aint doing that. Not ever.

So it's welcome to Manchester United. We might not be in sunny Spain, but at least you'll get paid and treated with a modicum of respect.

De Jong is worth the battle. He's absolute quality. He'll make spoofers like Pogba look like Carlton Palmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.