Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mctrials23

We should reduce the amount we offer by €1m/day until Barca sort themselves out. They are by all accounts spending about £150m+ this summer. They ain't doing that without the sale of Frenkie.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Too late now to look for alternatives.
We simply have to cough up the extra to get this over the line.
No it isn’t?! The window doesn’t shut until September. Early deals are desirable but not necessary, especially as we are out on tour.
Also the deal is agreed between clubs, no extra is necessary.

Mainoldo

No it isn’t?! The window doesn’t shut until September. Early deals are desirable but not necessary, especially as we are out on tour.
Neves is crap and Wolves will not sell him for less than we are paying for De Jong regardless of how much he wants to leave.

He’s just not a reasonable option.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Based on the stellar financial state they are currently in?
Explain why they need to sell De Jong to fund other transfers? They don't because it's not the case.

Wages are the problem, not actual cash. They have another cash injection of €350 Million incoming in the next week or two.

Castia

Repeats what Ducker and Hirst said but mentions Ruben Neves as the contingency plan if FDJ doesn't come
This reads like a positive piece….I mean spending all summer trying to get FdJ to end up with Ruben Neves is a fecking meme. If we can’t get a deal done by the time the season starts then what are we doing? That would be almost 3 months waiting for FdJ.

vanderpants

the transfer window doesn't close till September the 1st so potentially we have time, ideally, all the deals would have been completed by now though

Man-United

the transfer window doesn't close till September the 1st so potentially we have time, ideally, all the deals would have been completed by now though
If we are preparing bids for players for months then we might run out of time or end up spending much on deadline day.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Explain why they need to sell De Jong to fund other transfers? They don't because it's not the case.

Wages are the problem, not actual cash. They have another cash injection of €350 Million incoming in the next week or two.
Should be easy enough for them to write Frenkie a cheque.

Heyli

Supports
Ajax
If he loved Barca he would leave. No, he's a greedy greedy foreigner and wants to suck the mes que club dry. We have paid him so much during the pandemic. Now is the time for him to compromise and give up the €17 million that's contractually obligated. He is a selfish scrooge. Because of him now two or three new Barca players are unable to be registered.

Again, let me reiterate, Frenkie de Jong and his agent want to destroy our beloved Barcelona from within. If he truly loved us he would leave to smashchester
Barca will be happy to learn their propaganda is working.

Strootman's Finger

Neves is crap and Wolves will not sell him for less than we are paying for De Jong regardless of how much he wants to leave.

He’s just not a reasonable option.
Agreed, no one playing at the level we should be playing at, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, etc, are being linked with or are interested in Neves, because he's at the level he's meant to be at, he wouldn't cut it at that level. We need to pursue FDJ at all costs because this is a player all our competitors would want and we have no business signing him but somehow are in the mix. And somehow getting players at that level, will help us return, signing Neves will keep us competing with Arsenal.

Telsim

This reads like a positive piece….I mean spending all summer trying to get FdJ to end up with Ruben Neves is a fecking meme. If we can’t get a deal done by the time the season starts then what are we doing? That would be almost 3 months waiting for FdJ.
Such an outcome would be on par for the course. And Neves is average so he checks that box as well.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
We may get an alternative. But not someone who fits the requirements the manager wants. So the money saved will really be end up in us having to strengthen again later.
Cost? Our rebuild being put back another season.

This is a case study in how to make poor business decisions.
A reflection of how the club has been run all these years.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This might have been discussed on here already, but I wonder what the "deferred wages" actually means. I see two alternatives:
1. He signed a contract extension with deferred payment of wages, i.e. the wages are accrued but not paid
2. He signed a contract extension with deferred wages, i.e. he agreed to earn less early in the contract in exchange for earning more towards the end

In scenario (1.) he would have a strong case for claiming unpaid wages from Barca, but in scenario (2.) he would actually forgo wages by moving and have limited legal recourse.
Could explain why this is dragging so much and why Barca feel they are within their rights to offer a paltry £3.5m instead of the full £17m as has been reported.

Anyone seen any reports on this?
No one has actually defined the structure of his wages. As I said yesterday, scenario 2 makes more sense. Barcelona would not have the cojones to try to force him out if they were actually owing him payments.

Speedicut75

Depends who you believe. The player himself has not said a word.
That's key. He could absolutely scotch the transfer if he made it clear he had no intention of coming. The way the Spanish media hawk the story around is to infer ( without any dialogue with the player ) that he is adamant that he wouldn't demean himself with a transfer to lowly Man Utd.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
We may get an alternative. But not someone who fits the requirements the manager wants. So the money saved will really be end up in us having to strengthen again later.
Cost? Our rebuild being put back another season.

This is a case study in how to make poor business decisions.
A reflection of how the club has been run all these years
You’re talking about Barca, right?!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
That's key. He could absolutely scotch the transfer if he made it clear he had no intention of coming. The way the Spanish media hawk the story around is to infer ( without any dialogue with the player ) that he is adamant that he wouldn't demean himself with a transfer to lowly Man Utd.
He's done the right thing, just like Martinez (when it wasn't clear whether United or Arsenal would win the race) by not committing himself to anything. He's just stepped back from it and let the clubs sort things out.

Cal?

CR7 fan
No, we just need fat Lap to realize they can’t use their shiny new signings until he pays off FDJ

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
You're perhaps thinking of the Di Maria situation and drawing comparisons with FDJ. But it's not the same thing at all. Di Maria never wanted to come to United, whereas FDJ doesn't want to leave his boyhood club Barca, a big difference.

FDJ will be more than happy to reunite with Ten Hag and be one of the key men in his midfield rebuild - he's a bit-part player at Barca.
I get what you’re saying and it’s definitely a different situation, but the bottom line is he doesn’t want to come to United, or any other club, and is effectively being forced to. That isn’t great.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
It’s like banging my head against a brick wall. Have a good afternoon.
I’m sorry, so far all you’ve told me I know nothing 3 times and it’s you banging your head against a brick wall? Maybe you should stop it seems to be causing some damage my mate

hobbers

We need him, we rely on him, we love him. Also we dont need to sell him, but actually we do have to sell him.

Teja

Isn't Alemany supposed to be the guy that's driving all of their financial rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.