Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

goalscholes

Why are people panicking that he does not want to come? No player would want to actually want to stay at Barca, if they were being treated like Frenkie.

Barca are trying to force FDJ out and avoid paying the 17m euros they owe him.

There are three ways this will pan out. Frenkie insists he's staying, and Barca pay what's owed, as they cannot afford to keep an unhappy bench player on such high wages. Or we/ Frenkie panic, and bail out a nasty and poorly run club that has treated him really badly.

The former is clearly the better course of action.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Neves is crap and Wolves will not sell him for less than we are paying for De Jong regardless of how much he wants to leave.

He’s just not a reasonable option.
Neves will get done (as a contingency if we can’t get Frenkmaster) because he’s Mendes’ client. If the club want to keep their diva striker, a good way is to placate his wanker superagent who will gain a lot from a big move for one of his biggest players on the market

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Not taking him on tour to force him out would be one of the more absurd things I've seen in recent years.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I struggle to believe de Jong is that intent on remaining with Barcelona for emotional/footballing reasons. It might've always been his dream club, but the way they're ready to sell and move on from him, he can't be that infatuated with them to just ignore it? Even if they told him to not believe the rumors and how much they value him, there has to be major doubt in him.
Hence I believe he mostly reiterates his stance in order to maintain a strong negotiating position regarding the salary he's still owed. If he just leaves, he can obviously sue them but that can be a long and painful battle. If he stays, however, he seems to be in the way of them registering new players for La Liga, hence he can always sit tight and pressure them into paying him now.
As much as I'd like him to join us, I can understand him not trusting them one bit and thus not easily giving up his leverage. At the end of the day, I wonder if Barcelona is really ready to sacrifice registering new players for La Liga just for the sake of not paying him his salary now, especially if they eventually have to anyways. Given their lack of success in the past three years, I'm sure returning to winning La Liga is more important to them than just not paying de Jong, especially if they're gonna receive a major free from us.

Thus the only issue I see is them not being able to fulfill their obligation towards de Jong and their transfers simulatenously, hence them hoping de Jong will leave the money owed to him on the table.

Tavern in the town

It’s obvious he’s coming. It might take a little longer than we’d like but there’s not a doubt in my mind, they’ve treated him like dirt.

Rainy nights in Stoke

No one has actually defined the structure of his wages. As I said yesterday, scenario 2 makes more sense. Barcelona would not have the cojones to try to force him out if they were actually owing him payments.
It certainly seems that way from the outside!

That makes it very complicated though, and from the perspective of Frenkie I could understand why that would make him reluctant to move..
Pros:
- Joining EtH whom he seems to respect a lot
- He can have some level of certainty that he will actually get paid :lol: Don't know what FC Barca's credit rating is at the moment, but it can't be great

Cons:
- He would be leaving his alleged dreamclub
- He has started putting down roots
- Our footballing project and prospects are uncertain (I mean, I'm very positive but probably have rose-tinted glasses on..)

I would probably also think twice, but hopefully he's up for the challenge and wants to be our midfield lynchpin instead of being underappreciated in Barcelona

hobbers

Logically they cant possibly risk taking him on tour.

If he gets a bad injury they're fecked. They'll have to pay him all the money in the contract and no payday from United.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Logically they cant possibly risk taking him on tour.

If he gets a bad injury they're fecked. They'll have to pay him all the money in the contract and no payday from United.
That would be incredibly stupid yes.

This is Barcelona though...

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Laporta is a piece of shit. Why would he put Xavi on the spot?
It's shitty tactics by Barca. If de Jong hears from Xavi that he's not wanted and isn't a priority player for him, and then gers left off the tour, then it's game over for him.

If he's not in Xavis plans then there's really no point in staying.

Cal?

CR7 fan
It's shitty tactics by Barca. If de Jong hears from Xavi that he's not wanted and isn't a priority player for him, and then gers left off the tour, then it's game over for him.

If he's not in Xavis plans then there's really no point in staying.
I can think of 17m reasons to stay

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
No one has actually defined the structure of his wages. As I said yesterday, scenario 2 makes more sense. Barcelona would not have the cojones to try to force him out if they were actually owing him payments.
It was actually confirmed by a Marca article link in here 2 days ago. It is option 2 - he deferred and extended. He has no legal claim if he leaves hence his stance.

Cantonalegod

Any chance City might make a late move for FDJ after selling Silva?

They could just nip in at the end once we have ironed out all the issues with this deal.

That really would be devastating!!!

Mainoldo

Neves will get done (as a contingency if we can’t get Frenkmaster) because he’s Mendes’ client. If the club want to keep their diva striker, a good way is to placate his wanker superagent who will gain a lot from a big move for one of his biggest players on the market
You have a point. We are tapped into Wolves silent owner. So we could get the discount code unlocked.

Cal?

CR7 fan
As can I... I'd want my money and rightly so. But if de Jong finally accepts that he's leaving then I imagine they can start to work something out.
I think he’s accepted he’s leaving, just want to be paid what he deserves.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Any chance City might make a late move for FDJ after selling Silva?

They could just nip in at the end once we have ironed out all the issues with this deal.

That really would be devastating!!!
Not sure why they would, their midfield is stacked.
Also not sure why so many have an inferiority complex around here wetting their pantaloons about the mighty City, Chelsea or Liverpool. None of them come close to Utd in stature.

Reynoldo

This will go down as the weirdest transfer in history, should it go through.

But I'm glad communication between ETH and the player is hidden from the media.
This has to go down as the greatest transfer saga ever, not my favourite by any means (as its been annoying as feck) but surely the weirdest and most spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.