Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotQuiteManc

Ok, they want to sell FdJ with a reason that the sale is necessary for La Liga Financial Fair Play in terms of wage total (correct me if I am wrong). Fine, I get that idea.

But, what I don't get it is how the heck can they sign and pay for additional players like Lewa, Raphinha, Kessie, Christensen, and potentially Silva? This doesn't include all the deferred wages for players like Pique yet. Crazy club!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It's like bloody Robinson Crusoe's diary: day 210, nothing to report. Day 211, ummm, see day 210 :wenger:
I guess Messrs Arnold and Murtough booked a one-week stay at the Barcelona Hilton... I hear they do a great breakfast buffet

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
This might nudge Barca to sort something… though that’s on the assumption they have a rational mindset

I'm beginning to think that Ed Woodward has secretly been learning Spanish for a couple of years and joined them while no one was watching (and is incognito in a stupid sombrero)

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Barca can buy all these players without selling FdJ I assume. And I am sure they find a way to register them. I am now rather relaxed as we have Eriksen which is a good start, so we dont need him so badly anymore. Also, I find it weak from FdJ that he accepts how he is treated

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Barca can buy all these players without selling FdJ I assume. And I am sure they find a way to register them. I am now rather relaxed as we have Eriksen which is a good start, so we dont need him so badly anymore. Also, I find it weak from FdJ that he accepts how he is treated
There is no indication that he does accept it. For all we know he's just biding his time until he's paid whats due.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They can buy them buy they can't register them without balancing the books. La liga will literally refuse them to play if they do.

Didn't the same thing happen with Aguero recently?

Someone

Something
Honestly anyone who thinks he told us he doesn't want to join but we still went ahead and negotiated a deal need their heads checked. Nobody does that these days. He's making his stance clear because he wants his money.

He's also a top player, he won't ignore that he's being asked to leave and end up staying, only small time players do that when they're on good money and can't find better contracts elsewhere.

This deal isn't about United or Barca, this deal is about paying him his money to leave or he stays. But I promise you if we walk out of this deal tomorrow, FDJ won't be enjoying his next year with Barca at all.

Glorio

I do not get how moving Frenkie gives them the financial wiggle room to sign all of Lewandoski, Silva, Raphinha, Kessie and Christensen. Lewandoski alone should gulp up the wage gap freed by FDJ. Surely Silva and the rest are not going to play for free too?
All about prestige for the rest of them :rolleyes:

Yakuza_devils

I used to think that Florentino Perez was the biggest cnut in Spanish football. Keep talking about other club players and try to sign them cheap.

But Laporta is something else. Refused to pay salary owe to a player that in the first place help Barca by accepting deferred salary. Trying to force the player out of the club but play Mr. Nice guy in the media. Consistent lie through his teeth. And having binge eating disorder.

SATA

I simply cannot understand why players would still want to join that scummy of a club when they saw how Frenkie was treated right in front of the football world. Perhaps the Spanish sun is too good

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What I don’t understand is someone like Lewa who is already at a simile sized, financially stable club. Surely these agents can see what kind of a state they are in and how they are treating their current players (including club legends) why the hell would you join the circus now? What’s stopping them from pulling the same crap with your client down the line?

bosskeano

No chance Barca can sign Lewandowski and Raphinha based on their current financial situation and register them along with the 2 guys on free transfers....their wage budget for ffp in Spain won't allow for that to occur

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
If he loved Barca he would leave. No, he's a greedy greedy foreigner and wants to suck the mes que club dry. We have paid him so much during the pandemic. Now is the time for him to compromise and give up the €17 million that's contractually obligated. He is a selfish scrooge. Because of him now two or three new Barca players are unable to be registered.

Again, let me reiterate, Frenkie de Jong and his agent want to destroy our beloved Barcelona from within. If he truly loved us he would leave to smashchester
Quoting this so people have another chance to read it.
What absolute pile of trash that post is.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
No chance Barca can sign Lewandowski and Raphinha based on their current financial situation and register them along with the 2 guys on free transfers....their wage budget for ffp in Spain won't allow for that to occur
They are due another €350 million cash injection.

Bogga

Will the mess of a club release the names of all players travelling or are we waiting for pictures of them at the airport?

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
I simply cannot understand why players would still want to join that scummy of a club when they saw how Frenkie was treated right in front of the football world. Perhaps the Spanish sun is too good
Hmm, almost as if not everything reported by the media during this saga is true.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
They can buy them buy they can't register them without balancing the books. La liga will literally refuse them to play if they do.

Didn't the same thing happen with Aguero recently?
Are you sure that is the case? As with these levers, that might have changed and they are buying like crazy, so….

Status
Not open for further replies.