Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Are you sure that is the case? As with these levers, that might have changed and they are buying like crazy, so….
Tbh i'm a bit lost with it all. That was the last I heard.

This last deal will obviously help but I still think if they can get 80m euros off the books + his wages for a player they don't desperately need/want, they will.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It’s like Rio going on pre season tour with Leeds all over again.

FatTails

I simultaneously don’t see how this deal happens and how this deal doesn’t happen. Barca want to sell and are actively shoving him out of the door so surely the deal has to happen, but I also don’t see them paying the money they owe him if he leaves, unless courts are involved. Hard to know exactly, but it seems like there is enough grey area in their agreement with him, otherwise they would just pay.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Yeah, as I said in my edit I googled it... Never gotten the hang of am/pm since I use 24hr clock :nervous:
am stands for before midday, pm after midday.

There you go, school everyday

bosskeano

They are due another €350 million cash injection.
that's only IF they are able to sell off another 15% of their future TV rights but that money has to help balance the debts they owe....they still can only spend a certain percentage due to spanish ffp rules which certainly isn't that 350m nor does it resolve the wage bill issue they are under with also trying to register 4 new players of which 2 of them will be on substantial wage packets

A-man

I simply cannot understand why players would still want to join that scummy of a club when they saw how Frenkie was treated right in front of the football world. Perhaps the Spanish sun is too good
Neither can I and for sure this must make some players at least think twice before signing. Haven’t followed this in detail but what I’ve heard is that Barcelona was always his dream club, and both him and his partner love the city.

Summit

I've always done it as AM = after midnight and PM = Past Midday... suppose each to their own
It's latin - ante meridiem and post meridiem

meaning before midday and after midday

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
He’s going to be on the tour lads, Barcelona aren’t going to find this money by tomorrow
Maybe they won't... but they might use the tour to reinforce the fact he isn't welcome at the club anymore.

They might hope that him not going on the tour will confirm to him that its over and time to go

Von Mistelroum

It's going to be such a sad sight watching Frenkie running down the runway after the plane with his bags in hand and tears in his eyes ☹

Gandalf

Are you sure that is the case? As with these levers, that might have changed and they are buying like crazy, so….
They don't need to sell him to sign those players due to the levers, they have the cash although being well over 1 billion in debt and now having sold a huge chunk of their future tv rights money they certainly would like to bank a nice transfer fee or two to help with the finances. The issue is the money they are now bringing in does not move the needle much on the salary budget they have to comply with for the upcoming season and FDJ is set to count for a whopping percentage of their salary cap. The new deals are being structured in such a way that their salaries for this year will not have much of an impact and that is why just removing FDJ clears enough room to register 4 or 5 new signings. The only way they can register players if Frenkie won't leave would be for him to write of the 17M and agree to cut his future earnings by around 50% which he had clearly stated he has no interest in doing and rightly so. What the levers will do according to some of these financial experts is allow them to take the entirety of the FDJ fee and use it for incomings whereas if the deal is concluded before that cash hits their accounts they would have to turn around and use about 70% of the fee on servicing debt which doesn't help them much. With this being the case it is considered likely that if Frenkie is still digging in his heels next week once the 320M is in their accounts they will throw in the towel and give him his money to resolve this but until that point they will continue their campaign to try and shame him into giving up the money he is owed.

Keefy18

He’s going to be on the tour lads, Barcelona aren’t going to find this money by tomorrow
They don't have to, they just want to perceive him as the problem.

He won't leave nor will he play but is taking the wage.

marcus agrippa

I used to think that Florentino Perez was the biggest cnut in Spanish football. Keep talking about other club players and try to sign them cheap.

But Laporta is something else. Refused to pay salary owe to a player that in the first place help Barca by accepting deferred salary. Trying to force the player out of the club but play Mr. Nice guy in the media. Consistent lie through his teeth. And having binge eating disorder.
:lol:

I nearly choked here!

Summit

This one will run til the season starts I'm guessing. Of course he's going to be on the tour, he's their player until he no longer is so of course while he's there, they'll use him.
I can't see how it can. If they need him off the books for fair play rules, how could they let it run to just before the season start? They need to register players

Suv666

Ornstein said weeks ago that he would be going on tour. This doesn't really change anything

TheReligion

Abusive
This one will run til the season starts I'm guessing. Of course he's going to be on the tour, he's their player until he no longer is so of course while he's there, they'll use him.
Wouldn't go that far... wouldn't even say it makes much of a difference to be fair. We've signed players that have been away on tour before haven't we?
Not necessarily.
Just my view.

I think United will move on and walk away

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
If he’s on the tour it’s off in my eyes
This one will run till the end of the window. Barcelona will be forced to compromise or they can’t register players. FDJ and his agents knows this. This deferred payment stuff is just an unprecedented situation.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
If he’s on the tour it’s off in my eyes
I don't think so, but it will be interesting to see exactly how crass Barcelona are willing to be in their efforts to get rid, if they do say to him "you are not coming on the pre season tour" then that surely must indicate to him that they want him out. If they haven't told him that directly already of course.

Either way, Frenkie still holds all the cards and I am happy for him to take as long as it needs to get them to pony up the cash, as long as he ends up here.

SATA

v.Persie went on tour with Arsenal and we signed him a few days before the first league game. Doesn’t really mean anything if he’s going

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I can't see how it can. If they need him off the books for fair play rules, how could they let it run to just before the season start? They need to register players
Never question how Barcelona finances work, they'll sacrifice their entire future for a 1 year challenge

ThanksBoss26

Sure news may break before then. I think he’ll travel. I just don’t think they’ll cut him out the first team picture even though they want rid. Though hope I’m wrong obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.