Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He knows if he’s on that flight by now. News will break this evening one way or another.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Pretty sure he will be on the plane to be honest but don't see how it makes a difference?

Speako

Obviously if he isn't on the flight then he's been told as much, and it's only a matter of time before he's out of there. He has no choice at the moment himself other than to continue to turn up and do his job. Last thing he needs is to give Barca any leverage at all in trying to invoke behaviour that's in breach of his contract.

SATA

I think some news from Spain or Romero will definitely break out tonight if whether he’ll be on the tour. Whatever it is, please do not post tweets from sport, they are just a wum desperate for clicks

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I’m really curious to see what happens. I guess we’ll see how imminent the deal is tomorrow. If he goes it might just take a little while longer obviously.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think some news from Spain or Romero will definitely break out tonight if whether he’ll be on the tour. Whatever it is, please do not post tweets from sport, they are just a wum desperate for clicks
Someone should ask Mikky

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He'll be a United player before this window ends whether he joins the tour or not.

Keep the faith people. It's in the bag.

Woodzy

If he goes on tour it just means we get the joy of checking to see if he waves goodbye to the fans at the end of each game. There is always something to cling on to muppets, do not stumble now.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If he goes on tour it just means we get the joy of checking to see if he waves goodbye to the fans at the end of each game. There is always something to cling on to muppets, do not stumble now.
My faith is strong. Had a wobble yesterday but I am restored once again. Until we brief that it's over, we continue going strong, this will be done

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
If Frenkie and his agent are confident and believe he has a strong enough case that deferred wages not being paid are violating the contract he signed with Barca, why does he not leave and take legal action as a Manchester United player? I mean, apparently he wants to leave now and is waiting only on deferred wages.. according to British media, right? Leave, sue the club and get the wages owed. If he needs to stay at Barca in order to take legal action against them.. he basically stays ( which he wanted in the first place :lol: ) and collects his inflated wages.

My thinking is, he and his agent signed a naïve deal with the club as he had no thoughts of leaving or the club forcing him to. He has no case, and the threat of 'wanting his pay' is asking the club to pay him to leave which they won't do, he knows this, thus we have a standstill.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Barca can buy all these players without selling FdJ I assume. And I am sure they find a way to register them. I am now rather relaxed as we have Eriksen which is a good start, so we dont need him so badly anymore. Also, I find it weak from FdJ that he accepts how he is treated
Not many people would allow their pride or ego to cost them to walk away from around €17m (or however much Barca deferred of his wage). I think it’s all just a negotiation tactic. He wants Barca to pay him what is deferred and Barca clearly are trying to force him out without wanting to compensate him for it.

saivet

Given Martinez won't be joining us on tour, get the feeling we'll be patient on this one for at least another week. May be a week full of today's updates being reworded every day.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
To be honest, if he’s coming and it’s going to drag on, we could do with him going on tour to get up to speed

Strootman's Finger

Barcelona don't have a choice but to sell him at this point. Our only fear is whether or not another club jumps in that's more appealing to him.

the_cliff

100% he goes on tour. 110% it causes a meltdown on the caf
If we don't hear anything tonight safe to say he's going on tour.

If he wasn't included shit would spread like wildfire.

He'll go on tour though, if the deal does fall through it's better he's there with them from Barca's pov.

RkkMan

I'll be surprised if he goes on tour to be honest. The club have told him to leave and have officially agreed a fee with us so having him on tour goes completely against their strong need to sell and intention to send a message to Frenkie since having him on tour will give him slight hope he could stay but that's just me

Ted Lasso

He'll be a United player before this window ends whether he joins the tour or not.

Keep the faith people. It's in the bag.
I think its quite possible this bleeds into January. Hope not but Barca seem pretty resistant to shelling the money right now and it might take Frenkie seeing out the window to find some middle grounds.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
If Frenkie and his agent are confident and believe he has a strong enough case that deferred wages not being paid are violating the contract he signed with Barca, why does he not leave and take legal action as a Manchester United player? I mean, apparently he wants to leave now and is waiting only on deferred wages.. according to British media, right? Leave, sue the club and get the wages owed. If he needs to stay at Barca in order to take legal action against them.. he basically stays ( which he wanted in the first place :lol: ) and collects his inflated wages.

My thinking is, he and his agent signed a naïve deal with the club as he had no thoughts of leaving or the club forcing him to. He has no case, and the threat of 'wanting his pay' is asking the club to pay him to leave which they won't do, he knows this, thus we have a standstill.
You are probably right. But make no mistake about it, it's absolutely disgraceful how Barca are treating Frenkie. They shouldnt have let him sign a new deal agreeing to pay his wages later and then force him out. That's disgraceful behaviour and you as a fan should be disgraced by this behaviour. Your club has become absolutely classless.

I hope Frenkie holds out. The best thing would be if he gives Barca a big feck you, staying and denying the club to register other players. He would be an absolute legend if he did that, for the simple reason that Barcelona shouldnt be rewarded for this disgraceful behaviour.

hobbers

v.Persie went on tour with Arsenal and we signed him a few days before the first league game. Doesn’t really mean anything if he’s going
Arsenal were never planning on selling him though.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
it doesn't mean anything. Barca want him gone and they'll will try to make it happen till the last day of the transfer window.
It means Xavi isn't going to ostracise him to please the club. Which means he can stay without consequences

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I think its quite possible this bleeds into January. Hope not but Barca seem pretty resistant to shelling the money right now and it might take Frenkie seeing out the window to find some middle grounds.
It might bleed into January or next summer ala Sancho, you can't rule anything out at this point, but I can't see FDJ wanting to stay at Barca a minute longer after the club has told him to leave. Would you want to stick around after being told that?

getenspappa

Feel as United decided that the deal should be done this week or it’s off. First the statement going to Barcelona monday, then submitting the improved bid. ”We’ve done our part, now it’s up to you to make a deal with De Jong. Do it however you want but if it isn’t done by the end of the week, deal is off”. Now, maybe things aren’t as black or white and maybe that’s completely wrong, it’s just a feeling I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.