Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

seegoblu

When a player under contract is transferred to another team, does the selling team have to make the player whole for any decrease in compensation between his wages at his old team vs. his expected wages from his new team?

If that is the case, we should work with de Jong's agent to keep his wages low to extract maximum value from Barca in the settlement of his old contract and then after a reasonable period of time (10 seconds or so) renegotiate his wages higher.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
De Jong getting a lot of abuse but he may like it in Barcalona, yeah they currently are prepared to let him go but things change rapidly at football clubs, maybe he simply thinks I like it here and I don’t want to move to United as we have been a car crash for a decade. So I’ll sit this one out and see if things change at the club or I get more options next year.

marcus agrippa

Personally I don't care if he signs tomorrow or on deadline day, I don't consider this type of signing as short term and there is no sense in moving on mid July just to get an inferior player. The start of the season isn't a breaking point when the player is meant to ideally play 4 or 5 other starts of season. Now I would be working on deadline day alternatives.
Sensible.

Barthez

Why? Can you give me one sane reason as to why this thread needs locking if he goes on tour?
Because he isn’t coming. You wouldn’t risk a player on tour who you want out and need the cash for. It’s clear the player isn’t keen or has had seconds thoughts.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This is nowhere near imminent either way wit him going away.

Im not wasting my weekend in here :wenger:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
When a player under contract is transferred to another team, does the selling team have to make the player whole for any decrease in compensation between his wages at his old team vs. his expected wages from his new team?

If that is the case, we should work with de Jong's agent to keep his wages low to extract maximum value from Barca in the settlement of his old contract and then after a reasonable period of time (10 seconds or so) renegotiate his wages higher.
No they don't it's two separate employment contracts. But because we are talking about contracts with terms, the employers owes the entirety of the money while the players owes the entire time of work, both parties need to agree on how to break that agreement. Sometimes both parties agree to just break it without compensation and other times one party demands compensation, for example a club can demand the reimbursent of bonuses that were paid upfront or a player can demand to be paid the remaining part of a signing on fee or deferred wages or a part of the wage loss if the club "forced" the transfer.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This is going to be like the last episode of friends. Hope somebody murders the Phalange.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Because he isn’t coming. You wouldn’t risk a player on tour who you want out and need the cash for. It’s clear the player isn’t keen or has had seconds thoughts.
Not really a good enough reason to be fair. You wouldn't keep a player off tour that you knew a club was interested in. Plus he doesn't have to play, he doesn't have to even step foot on the pitch.
If theres a wages breakthrough he can hop on a private jet and fly back to Europe....

So no, lets not lock the thread. You can however, not come on if you so choose to?

the hea

Personally I don't care if he signs tomorrow or on deadline day, I don't consider this type of signing as short term and there is no sense in moving on mid July just to get an inferior player. The start of the season isn't a breaking point when the player is meant to ideally play 4 or 5 other starts of season. Now I would be working on deadline day alternatives.
Very sensible post. Waiting a couple of weeks extra to get the target Ten Hag wants isn't the end of the world. De Jong will also be more familiar with Ten Hags system then most of our players so even if he arrives late he won't struggle as much.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I agree 100% from FdJ‘s point of view there’s zero chance he turns down the tour and rightly so but why are Barce taking him after agreeing a fee with us? (supposedly) I can’t seem to make any sense of that are they still trying to get out of paying these deferred wages? Seems ludicrous.
Because in the event that he doesn’t come and he does reduce his salary and forego the wages, they’ll want a player that is ready to start the season

Stadjer

This was always going to drag on till the end of the window, a very complicated transfer and I question whether we should have indulged Ten Hag on this one. I mean, we might as well have spunked big money on Rice, too late for that now though.
Yes because buying overpriced English players from other Premier League teams worked out so well so far!

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Barca will do everything the LEGALLY can to make his time there hell so he either leaves in January, or puts in a transfer request at the earliest opportunity.
I doubt they will still do that once the window shuts.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Do you reckon the likes of Bailly or Telles or AWB won't be sold just because they are on tour?

the_cliff

Very sensible post. Waiting a couple of weeks extra to get the target Ten Hag wants isn't the end of the world. De Jong will also be more familiar with Ten Hags system then most of our players so even if he arrives late he won't struggle as much.
The issue isn't with the system, it's the fact that deadline day players come at a premium. Teams won't sell their most important midfielders on deadline day unless it's for an insane fee, we'll be caught scrambling if this deal falls through and all teams we approach will absolutely rinse us on deadline day.

My problem is with Barcelona, as mentioned before Laporte and the Barca board are giving different answers to the media and apparently in negotiations with us, then we have FDJ saying one thing in the media and another thing privately, the whole thing is a huge red flag and smells bad. Then we have the fact that apparently Barcelona won't be able to register new players without letting FDJ go, again that smells like complete bullshit considering their summer activity so far, the whole thing is a joke. We need to move on or we'll end up with egg on our face.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Obviously it doesn't help our cause if he point blank refuses to be sold to anyone.....but if he does then Barca are in real trouble aren't they? Hahahaha.

It's an absolute embarrassment how they are behaving. There is no way they should be signing players for silly money when current players are owed wages from last 2 years.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Literally every sports journalist is reporting that De Jong has no intention of joining us.
So why the feck haven’t moved on? This is the most bizarre transfer saga ever.

DevTheRed

If they hadn’t already signed Kessie, Chistiansen, Raphinha and now probably Lewandowski I’d be skeptical.. but it’s got to the point they HAVE to sell him otherwise they aren’t getting registered.

He’ll definitely leave Barca (so him going on tour makes literally no difference) it’s a question whether or not anyone else comes in for him.. but then again I just don’t think he’d mess around ETH around like that.

Castia

Because in the event that he doesn’t come and he does reduce his salary and forego the wages, they’ll want a player that is ready to start the season
They should know by now, this has gone on for 2 months and there still not sure if he’s staying? That’s exactly my point we should have left this deal weeks ago because nobody knows what is going on including Barcelona.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Literally every sports journalist is reporting that De Jong has no intention of joining us.
So why the feck haven’t moved on? This is the most bizarre transfer saga ever.
Because the only person whose words actually matter hasn’t said anything. And the same “journalists” claim a fee has been agreed. So if you believe them on one statement you gotta believe all their statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.