Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilyouknow

Maybe we asked Barca to take Frenkie on tour to give him some more sun before he comes to Manchester? :angel:

Chief123

For someone who doesn’t think this is going to happen, you’ve invested a lot of time in making the same point.

In fact, just in the last 24 hours you’ve told everyone “it ain’t happening” somewhere in these posts:

They fly out on tour today so I expect some big news
This reads like a positive piece….I mean spending all summer trying to get FdJ to end up with Ruben Neves is a fecking meme. If we can’t get a deal done by the time the season starts then what are we doing? That would be almost 3 months waiting for FdJ.
So we’ve chased him for 2 months already and now there’s no chance he signs before the season starts. We need to move on.
The tour finishes a few days before the league starts, if we can’t get the deal done by that point then we’re in trouble.

So late in the summer as well I really hope we have alternative players.
So why is he going on tour then? they won’t want to risk a 70m sale and if he’s going looks like they have zero intention of paying him the money owed.

We simply can’t risk this deal any longer, we need to move on.
I mean we’ve agreed a fee why the feck would he be going on tour. We’ve been patient to this point but this is the time where we force their hand. If he gets on the plane we should walk.

Makes zero sense to take him, what are they getting out of taking him to the US if they want him sold?
You dont take a player after a bids been accepted, i‘ve never seen that one.
I’ve done a lot of moaning in this thread and been very sceptical to say the least all throughout this, I said about 4 weeks ago jokingly that we’ll end up pulling out of this deal and in a panic end up over paying for somebody like Ruben Neves and it’s going to happen isn’t it…..

Should have left this weeks ago and watch Barcelona panic, instead we’ve stuck around like a little lap dog and got virtually nothing else done all summer.

Heads should roll once this deal collapses the useless fecks.
So at what point after 2 months and now the player going away for a further 2+ weeks do you leave it then? Because starting the season without a midfielder seems like a complete failure.
literally just getting those deals done today and both players will miss the tour, Eriksen agreed to join almost 2 weeks ago we’re fecking beyond slow it’s hilarious.

Should have played Barcelona weeks ago. Come out and publicly withdraw free FdJ and watch them completely panic, I bet the deal would have been done now.
I agree 100% from FdJ‘s point of view there’s zero chance he turns down the tour and rightly so but why are Barce taking him after agreeing a fee with us? (supposedly) I can’t seem to make any sense of that are they still trying to get out of paying these deferred wages? Seems ludicrous.
They should know by now, this has gone on for 2 months and there still not sure if he’s staying? That’s exactly my point we should have left this deal weeks ago because nobody knows what is going on including Barcelona.
Thats fair enough I just hope we have a contingency plan if this ends up going south.

We’ve been poor in midfield for years and have just lost Pogba and Matic we should be signing 2 regardless in my opinion.
99% sure you’re right but how many times have we come out of a window looking clueless
Barce just agreed a fee for Lewa - Romano here we go

Suddenly they’re signing everyone
They want him gone so why aren’t they just paying what they owe? It will cost them a million in wages if he goes on tour tomorrow seems absolutely bonkers.
Well that’s the bizarre point. They accepted the deal, publicly want to throw him out and yet he’s still going on tour.

It’s all about paying him the money owed apparently but then if he goes on tour that’s at least 3 more weeks salary costing them a further million quid…..nothing makes sense.
I get a player going whilst under speculation, even back then for RvP he went on tour with Arsenal but to go on tour after a bid is accepted? I’ve never seen that one.
Why aren’t they doing everything necessary to pay him what’s owed, it does nobody any good the longer this drags on. If it’s not the money and FdJ generally doesn’t want to come then we should have left this deal weeks ago.
People still think this is a ploy for money? zero chance of this happening

Well played we've just wasted a full summer on a player who isn't going anywhere.
That's the thing...no he doesn't.

He has a contract, he doesn't need to go anywhere and he doesn't seem to care what Barcelona think hence him going on tour even after they've publicly slated him.
Well what do you expect? look at the deal its a farce

I cant wait to see you lot when this inevitably doesn't happen god knows how your finally going to let the news sink in.

Incredible.
May as well in this case
Well it will get to the point (after the season starts) where clubs wont want to sell their players

Wolves will want about 80m for Neves towards the end of the window because they will struggle to replace him. it's all well and good the window being open but decent players aren't moving on deadline day without a hugh mark-up in price.
But apparently this is all about money and what he is owed by Barce, if he goes on tour that is another 3 weeks salary it just doesn't make sense.

'lets pay you more money whilst we sort out what we owe you'

I've never seen a player go on tour after having a transfer accepted.
Ding ding ding 100% this.

We in trouble boys.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Pretty much. Hence why they want him out. I believe he will leave at some point this season, but the wage issue is a big one. They can't force him to do anything at all, absolutely not, but they can make life difficult for him in a legal way. If he does stay on his current contract, i can't even begin to imagine how they're going to afford his wages in the upcoming season. No idea what they were thinking when they even asked him to do that
Thats why I am baffled they included him in thr squad to be fair

TheReligion

Abusive
I think it’s obvious De Jong will join United but only if the money issue is resolved.

Sadly I don’t think the issue will be resolved any time soon and as such I don’t see it happening.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Because he's still their player and lets be fair, he's going to create publicity whilst they're out there...

"Will de Jong be playing this game, how much time willhe get, will he even be a sub" etc. At the end of the day, what would the benefit of leaving him behind be? They're not going to sort this wage issue out quickly, and it likely won't be done whilst they're on tour, but even if it is, he can come back to Europe quickly.

Whilst he's a Barca player, they can do whatever they want with him, leave him off the tour, bring him on the tour, send him home if they so desire...

the_cliff

I want this transfer to happen, there isn't another centre midfielder I'd want over him in world football at the moment considering our manager, I was quite optimistic in the beginning of the window but the way it's dragged on and the confusing actions of Barcelona have made me think that they either have a plan and a way to keep him or they're just completely incompetent and are going to have eggs on their face come registering time.

cyberman

Feck this guy :mad:

Let's get someone else.
I’m on this side now, couldn’t care less if he comes or not. Get players who want to come instead of ***** like this. Let him continue to underperform for Barca if that’s what he wants

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Spot on there @Chief123

There are a few posters in this thread who are a complete disgrace to muppetville and should be banned from the next pursuit. I’d go as far to say as people need to pass tests before posting in these threads.

Castia

For someone who doesn’t think this is going to happen, you’ve invested a lot of time in making the same point.

In fact, just in the last 24 hours you’ve told everyone “it ain’t happening” somewhere in these posts:
Guess what

it ain’t happening there’s another one.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The only decent player in that list is Eriksen.

McFred are atrocious together and there's simply no way they are enough to get us top 4 attempting ETH's style.

Another player is needed for sure that improves us.
Midfield simply wasn't the reason we did badly last year.

We let in too many goals and didn't score enough. While midfield could be improved it certainly wasn't the reason alone.

With a better team stucture under ETH we will help in both ways.

Chief123

The thing is Barca want him to leave. They also want him to leave without taking his owed wages.

For Barca to achieve this, it wouldn’t make it more likely/probable that FDJ accepts this by alienating him and leaving him at home. There’s more likelihood it agitates him even more and more likely to become stubborn about it. It makes more sense for Barca to take him than to not, even if they don’t wish to keep him.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I want this transfer to happen, there isn't another centre midfielder I'd want over him in world football at the moment considering our manager, I was quite optimistic in the beginning of the window but the way it's dragged on and the confusing actions of Barcelona have made me think that they either have a plan and a way to keep him or they're just completely incompetent and are going to have eggs on their face come registering time.
They really don't have a plan on keeping him. Let me ask you this... if they were desperate on keeping him why have they accepted a bid for him? Why have they gone to the effort of negotiating a deal with United for a larger fixed fee and addons if they were intent on keeping him and using him?
Why would they have said that they need to sell players for FFP reasons if their second lever enables them to keep them all? Why would they have said that de Jong needs to take another pay cut to stay if this second lever means that he really doesn't have too? Don't tell me they didn't know they were activating this when they made them comments.

It's my opinion that this lever will help them with their signings but the wages will still be an issue, regardless of being able to register or not

Wilt

We currently have like 8 midfielders who play more centrally. We have no space at all for De Jong. Think you can safely stop worrying about him coming to us.
Not at all worried. Realistically don’t see him leaving Barca and £17m. However, if given the choice just think he’d prefer Chelsea, all be it unlikely.

Chief123

Guess what

it ain’t happening there’s another one.
What’s funny is you saying you can’t wait to see everyone’s meltdown when it doesn’t happen yet you’re having a personal meltdown of your own.

El-Manos

This guy is absolutely not worth all of this. Neither the fee, nor the wages, nor the drama. And he doesn't even want to join. Just leave him to rot with his precious Barca, and them to dig themselves out of their financial hole. I'm sure there are footballers out there that will cost less and do the same. And actually want to do it. Sangare, Bennacer, Fabian Ruiz off the top of my head. And certainly there are others.
I’m with the newbie on this one. Honestly it’s not worth all this hassle. There are players out there that can offer a similar role

Keefy18

Not that it means much at all but the odds on him staying at Barca have gone from 2/1 to evens in 24 hours.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

Agreed, truly can't imagine that not being the case. ETH seems the no nonsense but sensible and level-headed type.

The same way we couldn't and wouldn't have chased Sancho for 2 years without assurances he'd join, I don't see that not being the case with De Jong
I am now fully on-board with this line of thinking after being very skeptical of him wanting to come here when the transfer first broke. There's just no way the new manager and club would be willing to spend all this time on an important position if he genuinely didn't want to come. Would they...

This is what I'm choosing to believe, anyway.

RkkMan

Midfield simply wasn't the reason we did badly last year.

We let in too many goals and didn't score enough. While midfield could be improved it certainly wasn't the reason alone.

With a better team stucture under ETH we will help in both ways.
It was a BIG reason why we looked poor though and it's not the sort of problem you can keep brushing under a carpet. We've done it since the Fergie era and look where we are now.
Yes Ten Hag's coaching will improve us but it can only do so much if the quality isn't there and you can't look at our current CM options and think it's top 4 quality. Like I told you in an earlier post if we can't get FDJ we should sign someone else not wait a year for a player who isn't keen on joining us hoping he *might join us. He's not worth the Sancho treatment

marktan

It's not happening lads, let's forget about it and sign Bissouma and Richarlison for about the same price.

Bissouma
Fred - Eriksen/Bruney
Sanchos - Richarlison - Rashford /Marital

Looks really good

Status
Not open for further replies.