Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

The thing is Barca want him to leave. They also want him to leave without taking his owed wages.

For Barca to achieve this, it wouldn’t make it more likely/probable that FDJ accepts this by alienating him and leaving him at home. There’s more likelihood it agitates him even more and more likely to become stubborn about it. It makes more sense for Barca to take him than to not, even if they don’t wish to keep him.
So is he on his new wage now or still on a reduced amount?

Castia

To be honest @Chief123 has done a right number on you there!
Yeah I’ve been a right moaning twat in this thread I’m frustrating myself tbh.

That said this is easily the most ridiculous deal I’ve seen us partake in and I don’t know where we go if this deal doesn’t happen.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
This is so wrong. We are in desperate need for CM reinforcements. Our rivals are all strengthening massively and we have a lot of ground to make up. We can't wait for the perfect player when there are plenty of alternatives available much better than what we have. Tielemans or Laimer for example...

We can't afford to write off the first few games of the season!
Where is your faith in EtH?

You don’t think that Eriksen and Martinez will help us in our possession game? It’s not about waiting for the “perfect” player but to have patience to wait for the “right” player, someone who fits into EtH plans. No more panic buys if you ask me. From what I see so far we have improved immensely since last season. I prefer to trust our manager until results proves me otherwise.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Wow this is a bigger meltdown than even i thought it would be.

How about we all just chill take a breath for a bit. If it's not happening, then i expect a brief later on that we're moving on, but we've already had reports that we're in it for the long game, so that's very very unlikely.
United are confident and as long as they are, i don't think it matters what any of us think as they know more about this that we ever will to be fair with you.

phelans shorts

It's not happening lads, let's forget about it and sign Bissouma and Richarlison for about the same price.

Bissouma
Fred - Eriksen/Bruney
Sanchos - Richarlison - Rashford /Marital

Looks really good
Not sure Daniel Levy will sell two players he signed in the last month for less than he paid for them to be honest

croadyman

Same old names, with very few ACTUAL links to any of them. I guess if we have to then sign Sangare, a proper DM and play Fred or Eriksen at 8. My guess is Bruno and Donny will rotate at 10
There's very few links because we aren't willing to say feck this and pull out of deal. We have been absolutely played by Barca

Ralph1386

I'm guessing it'll be Neves.
The club may want Neves but I don't think Ten Hag does. Has Ten Hag ever worked with or come up against Neves? Right now he only trusts brining in players he's worked with or played against. So by this logic I would say he would prefer Tielemans. There are many clubs after him though, so it wouldn't be easy to get him.

Laurencio

It's not happening lads, let's forget about it and sign Bissouma and Richarlison for about the same price.

Bissouma
Fred - Eriksen/Bruney

Looks really good
You are about a month too late :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive

That said this is easily the most ridiculous deal I’ve seen us partake in and I don’t know where we go if this deal doesn’t happen.
I think we’ve done good business so far so have confidence we will get something else going if needs be.

RkkMan

Where is your faith in EtH?

You don’t think that Eriksen and Martinez will help us in our possession game? It’s not about waiting for the “perfect” player but to have patience to wait for the “right” player, someone who fits into EtH plans. No more panic buys if you ask me. From what I see so far we have improved immensely since last season. I prefer to trust our manager until results proves me otherwise.
If Ten Hag is worth his salt then he signs an alternative that's still an upgrade on McFred and coaches that player into what he wants. This "wait for the right player" strategy we did with Sancho should be an exception not a norm and at the time it was worth it because SANCHO WANTED TO JOIN US. Frenkie clearly doesn't and that alone doesn't make him worth waiting for.
On a side note Eriksen for a big part of his career has played as a 10 and Martinez at CB it seems unwise to use makeshifts in a position that's been a problem for a decade over just signing an actual CM who's name isn't Frenkie De Jong

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

This thread is nothing compared to some of the others we've had.

Sneijder was just a mess, now that was a media driven transfer as Sir Alex confirmed we were never in for him.
Vidal too was just a joke, as was Thiago.

The thing is, United have done absolutely nothing wrong on this one. EtH has his assurances, he's confident he'll come and he's explained to the board why he's confident. They agree with him and must have assurances themselves so they're happy to push on. We've not got a group of guys on twitter F5'ing Romero and Romano's twitter pagers saying "pull the plug guys, these two say he doesn't want to leave".

Chief123

Do all the pessimists here stop and think logically at all?

ETH is renowned for being a man of great detail. A man who doesn’t leave a stone unturned. A meticulous planner. Some close to him suggesting it’s at a level of freakishness.

With the above in mind, do you genuinely think ETH is going to push his club to spend so much time and energy in pursuing this deal without having knowledge and assurance that the player will come?

Unless you believe the player is just blatantly lying to ETH and trying to stitch him up. I’m sure ETH is the most ITK about the players intentions and thoughts than any reporter is right now.

Ultimately, I think this could potentially drag out further but I’m of the belief that the board know how important this signing is for ETH. I believe if it comes down to it, Utd will just offer a heftier signing on fee if Barca don’t succumb. The truth is FDJ knows Barca can pay what he’s owed as they are splashing the cash like no tomorrow.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Is EtH that hell bent on getting Frenkie that he thinks there isn't any other midfielder in the world that can do the job? If we start the season with McFred and drop points then I would have little sympathy for EtH. The arrogance to disregard Rangnick's input and then having no backup options for someone who doesn't even want to be here is poor imo. The board is also useless given the lack of preparation for the season that starts in 3 weeks.

Feck this guy :mad:

Let's get someone else.
This. He can rot in Barcelona where he isn't appreciated and I predict that he would ache for a move sooner rather than later.

Keefy18

I think we’ve done good business so far so have confidence we will get something else going if needs be.
Its OK.

Did we need a left fullback in Malacia? Not doubting his quality but hardly a pressing need. We've 4 left fullbacks in Williams, Laird, Telles and Shaw. Granted not great quality, but again.. not in dire need of attention.

Martinez, again good player from all reports... handy versatile option. Unsure of him at CB in the premier league.. he's gonna get smashed up by Haaland, Nunez and the rest I'd imagine.

Eriksen - Great signing.

It's about a 6 for me so far at best.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

ETH is renowned for being a man of great detail. A man who doesn’t leave a stone unturned. A meticulous planner. Some close to him suggesting it’s at a level of freakishness.

With the above in mind, do you genuinely think ETH is going to push his club to spend so much time and energy in pursuing this deal without having knowledge and assurance that the player will come?

Unless you believe the player is just blatantly lying to ETH and trying to stitch him up. I’m sure ETH is the most ITK about the players intentions and thoughts than any reporter is right now.

Ultimately, I think this could potentially drag out further but I’m of the belief that the board know how important this signing is for ETH. I believe if it comes down to it, Utd will just offer a heftier signing on fee if Barca don’t succumb. The truth is FDJ knows Barca can pay what he’s owed as they are splashing the cash like no tomorrow.
Quoted for truth and sense

Ronaldo's Love Child

Bissouma
Fred - Eriksen/Bruney

Looks really good

Are you stupid? Bissouma and Richarlison have already si...... Oh, I see what you've done there

Chief123

So is he on his new wage now or still on a reduced amount?
I’d imagine he’s still on his wages increment plan that was agreed during covid. But it would still mean he’s owed money even up to today which would balance out to his original 400k per week.

Litch

Wow this is a bigger meltdown than even i thought it would be.

How about we all just chill take a breath for a bit. If it's not happening, then i expect a brief later on that we're moving on, but we've already had reports that we're in it for the long game, so that's very very unlikely.
United are confident and as long as they are, i don't think it matters what any of us think as they know more about this that we ever will to be fair with you.
Spot on.

Laurencio

This thread is nothing compared to some of the others we've had.

Sneijder was just a mess, now that was a media driven transfer as Sir Alex confirmed we were never in for him.
Vidal too was just a joke, as was Thiago.

The thing is, United have done absolutely nothing wrong on this one. EtH has his assurances, he's confident he'll come and he's explained to the board why he's confident. They agree with him and must have assurances themselves so they're happy to push on. We've not got a group of guys on twitter F5'ing Romero and Romano's twitter pagers saying "pull the plug guys, these two say he doesn't want to leave".
Lies, he's signing any day now - we all know it!

Fetshu

Its OK.

Did we need a left fullback in Malacia? Not doubting his quality but hardly a pressing need. We've 4 left fullbacks in Williams, Laird, Telles and Shaw. Granted not great quality, but again.. not in dire need of attention.

Martinez, again good player from all reports... handy versatile option. Unsure of him at CB in the premier league.. he's gonna get smashed up by Haaland, Nunez and the rest I'd imagine.

Eriksen - Great signing.

It's about a 6 for me so far at best.

He did pocket both of them when Ajax played against Dortmund and Benfica in the CL and don't think it was a one-off, so guess we'll see.

Reactions: Cheimoon

largelyworried

I think it’s obvious De Jong will join United but only if the money issue is resolved.

Sadly I don’t think the issue will be resolved any time soon and as such I don’t see it happening.
If nothing happens, then by default Barca are paying him the owed money next season and they're not registering some of their new signings, so doing nothing is absolutely the worst possible outcome for them. So one way or another it'll get resolved.

marktan

ETH is jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes.

Barthez

All about who we move onto next now. Business needs to be done sharply

florisW

Supports
Ajax
Is EtH that hell bent on getting Frenkie that he thinks there isn't any other midfielder in the world that can do the job? If we start the season with McFred and drop points then I would have little sympathy for EtH. The arrogance to disregard Rangnick's input and then having no backup options for someone who doesn't even want to be here is poor imo. The board is also useless given the lack of preparation for the season that starts in 3 weeks.

This. He can rot in Barcelona where he isn't appreciated and I predict that he would ache for a move sooner rather than later.
Oh yea of little faith

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Bissouma
Fred - Eriksen/Bruney

Looks really good
This saga has gone round and round in circles until we've actually travelled back in time to when Bissouma and Richarlison had not completed their transfers to Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.