Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We are desperate at end of the day and absolutely zero sign of us bringing in a holding midfielder
It’s clear ETH doesn’t want one. Why is this hard to understand for so many? He is looking for a specific skill set, a technical skill set. Not one of the many names that people keep throwing out, or crying that we “missed” out on Kamara, bissouma etc. if he’d wanted that type he’d have gone for that type

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
don't worry, we have zidane, savage and hannibal. Just need to find a way to remove McBunnyhop from the equation
FDJ would of been a nice addition, but I'm past caring if this happens. I hope tbh he stays and it does feck barca over, but i think they will be ok if he stays.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We are desperate at end of the day and absolutely zero sign of us bringing in a holding midfielder
Combine that with the fact that Ten Hag has often set-up his midfield without that type of player and that should tell you something.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
FDJ would of been a nice addition, but I'm past caring if this happens. I hope tbh he stays and it does feck barca over, but i think they will be ok if he stays.
I'm sure they will be fine until next season when they'll be in a much much worse position than they are now.
I think they'll want to get rid of de Jong this season and hopefully a couple of fringe players too. Next season they might have a few that could go too

Summit

I'm sure they will be fine until next season when they'll be in a much much worse position than they are now.
I think they'll want to get rid of de Jong this season and hopefully a couple of fringe players too. Next season they might have a few that could go too
most probably right there pal

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
How much are they going to have left of that after paying for their transfers, outstanding transfer obligations and anything else they need to do.
Am thinking it's not going to be very much
These levers are becoming a bit of a magic money tree. They're paying for deffered wages, new signings, the stadium refurb, Messi and Pique's loyalty bonuses, a new tour bus, two full tanks of petrol, some of those fancy giant prawn cocktail Wotsits, bank loans and interest, a new kitchen suite, shag carpeting in the upstairs loo, Laporta's replacement girdle...

alexthelion

He literally said so several times, in public, if you haven't been paying attention. Oh, you probably just think it's "negotiation tactics" too.
Really, where?

All I've seen is Barca's progandist press saying that.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
These levers are becoming a bit of a magic money tree. They're paying for deffered wages, new signings, the stadium refurb, Messi and Pique's loyalty bonuses, a new tour bus, two full tanks of petrol, some of those fancy giant prawn cocktail Wotsits, bank loans and interest, a new kitchen suite, shag carpeting in the upstairs loo, Laporta's replacement girdle...
Don’t forget waiters and flowers for the onpitch weddings and dinners

Bondi77

Why would Barca and Utd agree on a fee if they did not want to sell him?
If Barca are now cashed up and they can afford to ppay Frenkie what he is owed then he is going nowhere as it is his dream club.
Clear as mud!

Keefy18

He did pocket both of them when Ajax played against Dortmund and Benfica in the CL and don't think it was a one-off, so guess we'll see.
He may play CM, especially if this FDJ deal falls through which it looks like it will now.

Malacia- You would have been the same person moaning why we never signed him for £15m had he shined at Lyon and made a mega money Transfer to Utd or someone else. Laird is a RB that needs a loan, Telles/Williams are GARBAGE and Shaw is solid but injury prone. At £15m he's worth the risk and we'll get that money back from selling Telles and Williams
Martinez- He's already played against Haaland and Nunez in the CL and pocketed them so that's a very biased view just to want to look negative. He was Ajax's POTY for a reason. He'll prove to be a quality signing and will massively improve our build up play
Our business on the side has still been good and we'll make more in form of a replacement for #7, FDJ/an alternative and a RB as it's clear Ten Hag doesn't fancy AWB. That's still a good window
You miss the basis of my point.

We could have gotten away with Shaw / Telles for the season ahead.

Another year without a proper ball playing deep midfielder is the more pressing issue, not full backs.

I'm not saying these signings are bad players, they just don't seem like priorities.

How much are they going to have left of that after paying for their transfers, outstanding transfer obligations and anything else they need to do.
Am thinking it's not going to be very much
I'm not sure.

I don't think Raphina was paid in full up front, they don't have the muscle to ask for something like that. I'd say a portion will be paid up front, 15m perhaps. Throw in the 50m for Lewa you're at 65m.

There's too many hidden fees involved for anyone to really know like agent fees, bonuses like sign on fees etc etc

If they can register these players, that is ultimately all that matters isn't it? Meaning Barca can't use that against him to push him out now, FDJ has no fall back. He just has to stay put and roll out his remaining 4 year deal to get his money.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Why would Barca and Utd agree on a fee if they did not want to sell him?
If Barca are now cashed up and they can afford to ppay Frenkie what he is owed then he is going nowhere as it is his dream club.
Clear as mud!
If Barca were in a position to keep him then we'd know by now and the deal would be off.
The fact is isn't tells us nothing has really changed regarding Barcas mindset on the situaiton

YikesSchmeics

He literally said so several times, in public, if you haven't been paying attention. Oh, you probably just think it's "negotiation tactics" too.
It baffles me how many people on this site have no idea how basic negotiations / leverage works. Of course it's a negotiation tactic. He holds the cards. If he says anything else he loses his leverage for the owed wages.

cyberman

It baffles me how many people on this site have no idea how basic negotiations / leverage works. Of course it's a negotiation tactic. He holds the cards. If he says anything else he loses his leverage for the owed wages.
Why would he lose leverage?

buckooo1978

I dont think this will happen even though it has to from a Barca perspective

Simply because if Barca pay De Jong they will have a queue of players lining up who are owed money

Hard to see how they can resolve this. Either they pay up and prepare for shit hitting fan.

Or they work out some sort of long term resolution with De Jong which Im hoping he will accept

Keefy18

Simply because if Barca pay De Jong they will have a queue of players lining up who are owed money

Hard to see how they can resolve this. Either they pay up and prepare for shit hitting fan.

Or they work out some sort of long term resolution with De Jong which Im hoping he will accept
They'll likely come to this agreement and we will waste our summer chasing him right up to the last minute.

Acquire Me

Exactly. He will need to get a deal done with them first and foremost. After that I am sure everything will work out fine.

It’s negotiating and this is his strongest card. He will never let this go without a fair exchange (meaning he gets what his owed).

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
He may play CM, especially if this FDJ deal falls through which it looks like it will now.

You miss the basis of my point.

We could have gotten away with Shaw / Telles for the season ahead.

Another year without a proper ball playing deep midfielder is the more pressing issue, not full backs.

I'm not saying these signings are bad players, they just don't seem like priorities.

I'm not sure.

I don't think Raphina was paid in full up front, they don't have the muscle to ask for something like that. I'd say a portion will be paid up front, 15m perhaps. Throw in the 50m for Lewa you're at 65m.

There's too many hidden fees involved for anyone to really know like agent fees, bonuses like sign on fees etc etc

If they can register these players, that is ultimately all that matters isn't it? Meaning Barca can't use that against him to push him out now, FDJ has no fall back. He just has to stay put and roll out his remaining 4 year deal to get his money.
It's really not that simple. They'll have the money to register players for this season, but next season they'll be in the same boat with de Jong being owed even more per week from what i've read. When this money runs out, which it will quite quickly, they'll have to activate another lever, and another. There will come a time when they have no more levers left to pull, at that time they'll either be back to normal, or they'll be in the crap so so deep that carrying on will be very difficult.

Their whole model makes no sense, just kick the can down the road and figure it out next year. It's kind of like people who live dangerously and recklessly and then say "well, if and when i get into trouble, i'll sort it then". They're basically being reckless and dealing with stuff whenever they can, however they can.

Summit

What leverage does he have when it's reported barca can register all players after second lever is activated? Let's say for argument sake this is true yeah? Right what leverage does he have? The only leverage he had was they needed him to be sold to register players. Now he stays and gets his money anyway

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

You mean another pay cut that he doesn't want, and by all accounts won't accept?
When would it end, next season it'll be another pay cut, then another, in the end they'll be owing him upwards of €50m or so that he'd never see. I'm sure he can see where they're going with that, and is looking at Pique who is owed a massive amount too

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Barcelona tried to include clause that if Raphinha is not registered by them, then they can cancel the deal and Leeds refused it.

Lewandowski contract according to Romero

According to Romero, Alemany has put clauses in Lewy's contract:
Barca can terminate his contract at the end of the second season in exchange for financial compensation
If the player stays, his salary for the third year will be considerably lower, and for the fourth year as well

Dont think if 2nd economic levers would have fixed everything, then they would be looking for such exit options.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Barcelona tried to include clause that if Raphinha is not registered by them, then they can cancel the deal and Leeds refused it.

Lewandowski contract according to Romero

According to Romero, Alemany has put clauses in Lewy's contract:
Barca can terminate his contract at the end of the second season in exchange for financial compensation
If the player stays, his salary for the third year will be considerably lower, and for the fourth year as well

Dont think if 2nd economic levers would have fixed everything, then they would be looking for such exit options.
Which in my opinion is why they still want de Jong gone and haven't pulled the plug on this deal.

Keefy18

It's really not that simple. They'll have the money to register players for this season, but next season they'll be in the same boat with de Jong being owed even more per week from what i've read. When this money runs out, which it will quite quickly, they'll have to activate another lever, and another. There will come a time when they have no more levers left to pull, at that time they'll either be back to normal, or they'll be in the crap so so deep that carrying on will be very difficult.
From our perspective as United supporters and getting FDJ to sign all that matters is this window. We shouldn't care about a year or two down the line, its irrelevant to the transfer happening or not. Levers next summer or the one after are a difficult discussion.

The fact is Barca are about to pocket some 300m plus and they've given word to a very reliable tier 1 journalist - Gerard Romero to run that story and another reliable journalist Raphael Honigstein stated a chunk of it is being used to ensure Lewa joins with an up front payment.

Those 2 bits of news this morning (along with FDJ in the tour squad, minor) should be enough for us to now walk away.

Personally I believe those 2 bits of news, which weakens FDJ bargaining against them. They can have their new players AND keep FDJ. He can't make a demand from them now either for 17m right now because as long as they pay him at some point during the remaining 4 years they haven't legally done anything wrong to the best of my knowledge on contractual law.

Their whole model makes no sense, just kick the can down the road and figure it out next year. It's kind of like people who live dangerously and recklessly and then say "well, if and when i get into trouble, i'll sort it then". They're basically being reckless and dealing with stuff whenever they can, however they can.
I don't either, but that doesn't matter.

What matters is here, now and their finances and they are safe for now.

They could likely go into administration in a year or two and so be it but that won't get us FDJ this summer.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
From our perspective as United supporters and getting FDJ to sign all that matters is this window. We shouldn't care about a year or two down the line, its irrelevant to the transfer happening or not. Levers next summer or the one after are a difficult discussion.

The fact is Barca are about to pocket some 300m plus and they've given word to a very reliable tier 1 journalist - Gerard Romero to run that story and another reliable journalist Raphael Honigstein stated a chunk of it is being used to ensure Lewa joins with an up front payment.

Those 2 bits of news this morning (along with FDJ in the tour squad, minor) should be enough for us to now walk away.

Personally I believe those 2 bits of news, which weakens FDJ bargaining against them. They can have their new players AND keep FDJ. He can't make a demand from them now either for 17m right now because as long as they pay him at some point during the remaining 4 years they haven't legally done anything wrong to the best of my knowledge on contractual law.

I don't either, but that doesn't matter.

What matters is here, now and their finances and they are safe for now.

They could likely go into administration in a year or two and so be it but that won't get us FDJ this summer.
So by your reckoning were due a brief later on today or at some point tonight saying that we're walking away due to the deal breaking down and Barca not wanting to sell.
Ok lets see if we get that... Ducker has however already stated that United are still very confident in signing him and are willing to play the waiting game.

So it's tier 1 vs tier 1. Lets see if we get that brief eh, personally, we aint getting it i don't think

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Fair point. However, by doing so he automatically alienates many United supporters. The stigma that he doesn't actually to be at United won't just disappear in the case he eventually will sign and things aren't going according to plan.
To me it's a clear sign the player is really committed to stay at Barcelona.

Otherwise, it would be much smarter if FdJ just stayed quiet.
This explains the whole situation far better then I can possibly do

Having said that, I think its time for us to call it a day. This mess is between De Jong and Barcelona. We shouldn't be involved into it and quite frankly there's every chance that this problem will go unresolved past the transfer window. We need to strengthen our midfield

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Having said that, I think its time for us to call it a day. This mess is between De Jong and Barcelona. We shouldn't be involved into it and quite frankly there's every chance that this problem will go unresolved past the transfer window. We need to strengthen our midfield
But what if ten Hag doesn't want anyone else, and it's like the whole Pep and Thiago thing at Bayern years ago from the infamous Thiago saga - "It's de Jong or no one" "I don't want anyone other than de Jong, the board knows my request" etc etc.

TheReligion

Abusive

Agree with you mate

Be nice if the Glazers would ring fence the money and release extra funds to plan without him. If his situation changes, we could swoop, if not no harm done.

Sadly don’t think they will though.

reddev3

This has dragged on for so long and gotten so messy that it's starting to turn in to a win win. He comes to us and we get an amazing player or he stays and we get the popcorn out and watch the world burn.

I'm desperate for him to come but if he stays and F's them over that will soften the blow.

With that said, I still think we will get him.

Keefy18

So by your reckoning were due a brief later on today or at some point tonight saying that we're walking away due to the deal breaking down and Barca not wanting to sell.
Ok lets see if we get that... Ducker has however already stated that United are still very confident in signing him and are willing to play the waiting game.

So it's tier 1 vs tier 1. Lets see if we get that brief eh, personally, we aint getting it i don't think
Where did I say were due a briefing today?

It's just my personal opinion that we should, but... I expect we'll stick with this like the idiots we are for another while yet at least.

If Barca have funds to register the players then its over. He has now bargaining power at all.

If Barca don't get the 300m plus he can say well I stay and you don't get your new players.

I’m not saying it won’t happen! I’m saying they haven’t yet signed him so when Romero says the signings they’ve made can be registered after the 2nd lever we don’t know if that includes Lewandowski. He hasn’t officially signed.
That's totally besides the point
Lads, you're being beyond pedantic as another poster stated. It's semantics!

If you genuinely think tier 1 journo's are running done deal stories of him to Barca without him being registered you're extremely naive.

Lewa is the gem in the crown for them this summer, the rest are add on's, hence Barca agree to pay in full up front. No messing about.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Which in my opinion is why they still want de Jong gone and haven't pulled the plug on this deal.
There is no way we will pull plug while we have an agreed fee with Barca. The outstanding issue
There is no way we will pull the plug while we have an agreed fee with Barca. The problem with FDJ's deferred wages is holding up the deal, but we have six weeks to rectify it. Plenty of time.

I'm sure we have alternatives in mind should the deal fall through, probably those we can complete in a deadline day rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.