Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RkkMan

If he really doesn't want to join us you'd think he would have told the club by now. It just makes no sense at all to claim he doesn't want to join
It feels like it's the money issue holding things up. Oriol Domenech is the first Spanish based journalist to mention it showing there's something in it

georgipep

He clearly wants to stay. Also, people saying Barca need him gone, look at the players Barca want to get rid of, they are not on their pre season party to US.
The players not on the US flight are the ones that they will not use and register regardless if sold or not. De Jong will be registered and will play this season if they don't reach an agreement with him and United.
It's the same as Lewa going on Day 1 of training with Bayern then leaving to join Barca.

I feel this transfer will take until after 30th July because Barca would want our transfer fee to be kept 100% and that will only happen if they get approval from LaLiga. I assume both Raphinha and Lewa deals are on a weird payment schedule that won't interfere with their books for the La Liga review.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Looks like we are happy to gamble on him coming late on. If he doesn’t we at least have Eriksen.

I think that’s our point of view.
That would be one hell of a gamble because Eriksen on his own is definitely not enough.

RedMilo

It feels like it's the money issue holding things up. Oriol Domenech is the first Spanish based journalist to mention it showing there's something in it
Sorry for being thick but who/what is 'DM'

Strootman's Finger

I like the theEuropeanLad, but there is zero chance United have pursued this all summer without some encouragement for FDJ.

Keefy18

UK journo's now starting to follow Spanish journalists in that FDJ does not want to leave.

But folks will continue to believe the "assurances".

RedMilo

So that would indicate that we are being led a merry dance then. Someone is not being honest here, Ive said it all along..

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Him saying he doesn’t want to leave for Manchester United goes hand-in-hand with the wage issue. If he indicates he’d love to join it weakens his hand and Barcelona will think he will cave. We’re just going round in a Groundhog Day circle at this point.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
UK journo's now starting to follow Spanish journalists in that FDJ does not want to leave.

UK journos knows feck all. They are just covering their back.

All the reliable news has been coming from other side .

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Keefy this was posted this morning, it was debated and the sorts. But you'll always be negative so I'm not going to bother

romufc

The players not on the US flight are the ones that they will not use and register regardless if sold or not. De Jong will be registered and will play this season if they don't reach an agreement with him and United.
It's the same as Lewa going on Day 1 of training with Bayern then leaving to join Barca.

I feel this transfer will take until after 30th July because Barca would want our transfer fee to be kept 100% and that will only happen if they get approval from LaLiga. I assume both Raphinha and Lewa deals are on a weird payment schedule that won't interfere with their books for the La Liga review.
No its not the same as Lewa, as Lewa and Bayern made sure this was sorted before they flew out to their pre season camp. Its different.

Why would Barca need our fee after they have bought players? They will get the 100% fee, it was how they can use it to buy other players.

RkkMan

No difference

Keefy18

UK journos knows feck all. They are just covering their back.

All the reliable news has been coming from other side .
Except when it's something you like to hear, right e oh.

Keefy this was posted this morning, it was debated and the sorts. But you'll always be negative so I'm not going to bother
Only negative cause you want the deal to happen so badly and can't discuss it rationally.

Didn't see it posted earlier as I was working.

Chief123

No difference
Is he a clown? I can’t believe what he’s actually saying.

He thinks Barca might be playing mind games to get Utd to increase their offer. Someone needs to tell him Utd and Barca have already agreed a fee! Has he been in a coma for the last week?

romufc

Only negative cause you want the deal to happen so badly and discuss it rationally.

I dont get this, almost every source at the moment, Spanish, English or whatever people want to believe are saying the exact same thing, De Jong does not want to leave.

There has been nothing to suggest this deal will happen, in fact the opposite has happened.

"Barca need to sell to buy" - 2 weeks later Barca have announced signings of Raphinia and Lewandowski without selling.

"Barca cant afford De Jong Salary" - Once a player is signed, regardless of pre season or in season, the club starts paying their salary.

So Barca at the moment are paying De Jog and all their new signings the salary.

The only thing people believe is Ten Hag has been calling De Jong, but wont believe anything else the same journalists posts.

I suspect the fans who are so sure, are in for a shock, then will blame the club.

MyBloodIsRed

I mean regardless if it’s your dream club or not. If they don’t want you and are trying to force you out how can you put the shirt on with that badge and go out there and give it your all

Volksie316

This is going to be so fecking humiliating for us as a club, if we don't end up signing this guy.

De Jong is a good player, but there are other midfield players out there, who would actually love to join us.

We need to pull the plug soon.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Only negative cause you want the deal to happen so badly and can't discuss it rationally.

So what did you learn from UK journos that you weren't already aware ofof? Care to explain?

FatTails

Everyone keeps saying he’s pivotal to ETH and the way we want to play, and I agree, but how pivotal? I am curious what people think. How would we line up with him and without him, assuming no other incomings? Where would we finish in the league with him and without him?

kps88

I'm starting to feel like this may be the case. We're betting on the fact that he would rather join us than stay at a club that have treated him like crap and are so desperate to kick him out. And the choice for him isn't as straightforward as most of us thought it would be.

Also possible we'll eventually just get desperate and offer to up our fee to cover more of his deferred wages.

Gavinb33

This is like I dont want to leave my wife, but if she tells me to get out i'll have to do it i wont like it though but i'll get what i'm due on doing so.

Imagine he doesnt leave after they told him they dont want him i mean how do you even look your team mates in the eye they all know your as good as dead in terms of what the club think of you and your worth to them and the team, also Busquets at the bottom and Gavi and Pedri will he even get adequate game time if he stays i'm of the thinking likely not

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Luckhurst isn't a good source. All the good sources are saying the same. Even this isn't disagreeing with it.
  1. Frenkie's #1 choice is to stay at Barca and collect his full wages and be key
  2. Frenkie is more than likely open to joining United, if he is to leave Barca. United wouldn't be after him still if he told Ten Hag it's not happening (see interest for Timber, now Antony). Therefore it's the wage issue holding it up.
  3. Barca want to sell him, the contract adjustment that was made likely didn't have it contractually mandated that Frenkie is owed his deferred wages if he were to leave part way through his contract. Frenkie believes he is owed this amount, Barcelona probably don't have to do it but it's a moral vs contractual obligation thing going on.
  4. So you have discussions and a stand off where at the end of the day, Frenkie is OK to stay at Barca as he will collect the wages regardless, while Barcelona want to pressure him to leave without paying him off the full amount. Frenkie feels if they want to sell him, then they should pay him the full amount of deferred wages.
Its a 50/50 what will happen right now IMO. De Jong I would guess is ok with either option, but I think it's certain he won't leave without getting what he feels he's owed. So for Barca, it's a question of do they keep him on massively increased wages now, or do they pay him out what was deferred but save on the wages. That's why the latest reports from our side are we'll just keep trying til the end of the window, as it's a waiting game right now.

MUFC OK

If true, they can't force him out, so he will stay. Far more worried about the prospect of no new CM addition than missing out on FDJ, we can't let this go up until deadline day. We needed this sorted "yesterday".

Honestly do not want him at this point.

Keefy18

I dont get this, almost every source at the moment, Spanish, English or whatever people want to believe are saying the exact same thing, De Jong does not want to leave.

There has been nothing to suggest this deal will happen, in fact the opposite has happened.

"Barca need to sell to buy" - 2 weeks later Barca have announced signings of Raphinia and Lewandowski without selling.

"Barca cant afford De Jong Salary" - Once a player is signed, regardless of pre season or in season, the club starts paying their salary.

So Barca at the moment are paying De Jog and all their new signings the salary.

The only thing people believe is Ten Hag has been calling De Jong, but wont believe anything else the same journalists posts.

I suspect the fans who are so sure, are in for a shock, then will blame the club.
Exactly.

It literally doesn't matter what evidence is put before some members here, they will just turn immature, post insults and change tactic and the only go to they have is - ETH and assurances and he wouldn't possibly chase a transfer otherwise.

Yep, they'll all jump from this thread to a glazer hating one and say the manager wasn't backed.

So what did you learn from UK journos that you weren't already aware ofof? Care to explain?
Me, nothing.

Trying to show folks that both sides (UK and Spain) are saying the same damn thing, which I've believed for weeks.

We are persisting with a transfer on a player who doesn't want to leave. If it does happen with Barca somehow managing to kick him out, were just signing a player who see's us as inferior... second best if you will, as his preference is to stay put.

Who wants players with that mentality?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

No I don't want it to happen so badly, but I'm also a bit fed up of people constantly ramming the negatives down my throat as if they're absolute fact and that some people seem to think they know everything that's going on (EtH has no assurances, Wages aren't the issue, He just doesn't want to come, We're wasting time chasing a dead deal) all posted without proof but still.

If it happens, great, if it doesn't it doesn't. I don't really mind. I have my belief that it'll happen but it doesn't mean I'm desperate

romufc

Exactly.

It literally doesn't matter what evidence is put before some members here, they will just turn immature, post insults and change tactic and the only go to they have is - ETH and assurances and he wouldn't possibly chase a transfer otherwise.

Yep, they'll all jump from this thread to a glazer hating one and say the manager wasn't backed.
Its quite funny, a player apparently wants to join, given these so called assurances to the manager, which none of actually know about, its all made up btw, compare to what we know from his agent and numerous sources that he wants to stay.

Why would a player give assurances that he will join and then go on pre season tour? Why would Manutd agree a fee and nothing happen for weeks?

Its been 6 weeks since the window opened and the stance hasn't changed from anyone reporting about FDJ, he wants to stay, not one journalist has said he wants to join. I think that is telling.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If true, they can't force him out, so he will stay. Far more worried about the prospect of no new CM addition than missing out on FDJ, we can't let this go up until deadline day. We needed this sorted "yesterday".

Honestly do not want him at this point.
Why would FDJ want to stay at Barca when they've made it clear they want him to leave? It doesn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.