Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He doesn't balance a thing which is an issue.
This is correct. He gets more info than he reports on, but he picks and chooses what to reveal to the public. I guess that makes sense seeing that he has really good connections with United and wants to maintain them.

redshaw

For a split second I thought the thread title read Frenkie De Jong | Freed from Barcelona. I must have glitched out of Groundhog Day.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
He's highlighted the following that is coming from Barcelona's side more so than United's:
  • Barcelona were hoping for other suitors to get involved to increase the competition.
  • Barcelona communicated to de Jong that they've come to a full agreement on the transfer with United.
  • A quote from a senior Barcelona official six weeks ago regarding Frenkie's situation
So does that mean that these Chelsea links are being put out there by Barca to try and get United to pay up, or is there another purpose? Is there genuine interest from Chelsea? No UK journo has reported anything?
Makes no sense though to be fair, i mean United will hold strong on the matter i think, and de Jong obviously will too.

In the end, the only logical end to this is Barca pays up and de Jong moves on. The more unlikely scenario in my head is that he stays and makes Barca honour his original contract, causing Barca huge headaches.
I just can't see him taking another pay cut at all

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So does that mean that these Chelsea links are being put out there by Barca to try and get United to pay up, or is there another purpose? Is there genuine interest from Chelsea? No UK journo has reported anything?
Makes no sense though to be fair, i mean United will hold strong on the matter i think, and de Jong obviously will too.

In the end, the only logical end to this is Barca pays up and de Jong moves on. The more unlikely scenario in my head is that he stays and makes Barca honour his original contract, causing Barca huge headaches.
I just can't see him taking another pay cut at all
I think there are two things happening here:
  • Chelsea's genuinely interested but don't want to get involved until United end their chase.
  • De Jong's agents are sending out feelers to the CL clubs to see if they can pursue the player and allow him to leave Barcelona.
    • Regarding this, it's a win for both Barcelona and de Jong as both get what they want.
    • Ultimately, United is a compromising choice for de Jong and is basically a last resort.
I think the only reason de Jong is holding on at the moment is because there's no CL club after him. Once that happens, I can see de Jong making a compromise on his end with Barcelona and then moving on to the new CL club.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
  • Chelsea's genuinely interested but don't want to get involved until United end their chase.
  • De Jong's agents are sending out feelers to the CL clubs to see if they can pursue the player and allow him to leave Barcelona.
    • Regarding this, it's a win for both Barcelona and de Jong as both get what they want.
    • Ultimately, United is a compromising choice for de Jong and is basically a last resort.
I think the only reason de Jong is holding on at the moment is because there's no CL club after him. Once that happens, I can see de Jong making a compromise on his end with Barcelona and then moving on to the new CL club.
You're great at transfers, but you're a shit muppet :D

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Heres the thing that gets me about CL stuff. It's one season. Theres no guarantee that if he goes to Chelsea, they'll make CL next season. Hell, theres no guarantee we will, but we could win the EL and gain access that way.

I still just can't see ten Hag chasing him if he believes that United are his second choice and he doesn't really want to come, or will come if no Champions League clubs arrive on the scene. I truly believe we'd walk away in that case as it's possible he could be snagged at the last minute after we've done all the hard work with prompting Barca and de Jong to solve the wage issues

Gandalf

Dumb as a bag of rocks if that is his approach. CL this year does not mean CL every year and there is no guarantee Chelsea will get top 4 this season or for the forseeable, of course they might but nothing is certain so if that is his only reason for delaying the transfer it doesn't say much for what is between his ears. Money is what drives everything, he wants a bag of cash from Barca to go away and is digging in his heels until he gets it. If there are enough zeros on the offer he would probably join Bournemouth once he gets his Barca payoff.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
So … if De Jong won’t agree to forego the back wages he is due, then they are stuck?

wonder where that Barca fan that acted shocked I would insinuate Barca tries not to pay their players?

Will Lewandowski be able to handle playing with a brown paper bag over his head in his advanced years?

Will the “Barcelona: walk of shame” Netflix series be a good watch?

So many levers involved here.

What the feck does CL club mean? :lol:

If it’s England and it aint City or Liverpool it means absolutely jack shit as proved by United finishing above Chelsea in 2 of the last 3 seasons and it’s probably a toss up as to who will finish above the other again this season.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Have faith brother, he's the chosen one
Bro unrequited love is a terrible feeling! Been there done that.

You can’t force someone to love you and in the end it will all end in tears.

Some boyos on here are happy to be sugar daddy’s to this bitch. I however know my own worth.

Just look at the Barca forums and their opinion of him. He’s so overrated by some on here it’s laughable.

https://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/14756-21-Frenkie-de-Jong/page859

There’s plenty of fish in the sea, let’s not waste time on another player who doesn’t want to be here.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Don't buy thay it's out of United's hands at all. De Jong wants a big severance package to leave Barcelona - maybe he wants to stick it to then but ultimately I seriously doubt he won't accept that money if it comes from United

United are just waiting to see if they can get Barcelona to pay, as they should

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

Some boyos on here are happy to be sugar daddy’s to this bitch. I however know my own worth.

Just look at the Barca forums and their opinion of him. He’s so overrated by some on here it’s laughable.

There’s plenty of fish in the sea, let’s not waste time on another player who doesn’t want to be here.
Completely off topic, but that webstite would've looked outdated in the 90s :lol:

Teja

I really don't buy it.

First why wouldn't Chelsea get involved until United end their chase? The transfer fee has been decided for them and all they need to do is put in an offer around that number if they feel FdJ prefers them over us. It's not like they'll get into a bidding war with United and end up overpaying. It's possible they might be able to negotiate for something <85M if we were not around but do you really see that happening with Barca? We're compromising quite a bit and they're still fecking around re: deferred wages.

I don't think the CL club is a particular attraction. As people have mentioned, outside City, Pool, nothing can be taken for granted in the PL. If PSG, Bayern, City or Pool come in, then sure, all bets are off. At United, he gets to work with a coach who knows how to use him the best. The project will be built around him and the pay will be very good. I think those are bigger factors than a club temporarily being out of the CL.

The simplest explanation is the most likely one. FdJ feels like he's being screwed over by Barca and is not willing to leave without some compensation for his wage cut last couple of years. All parties know Barca will likely sell by end of the window. Just a matter of who blinks first.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

"Man, if someone told me id enjoy going to redcafe to see the meltdown day in day out.. frenkie you goat for that"

:lol:
Harsh but true.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Don't buy thay it's out of United's hands at all. De Jong wants a big severance package to leave Barcelona - maybe he wants to stick it to then but ultimately I seriously doubt he won't accept that money if it comes from United

United are just waiting to see if they can get Barcelona to pay, as they should
Severance package? They …. Owe …. Him …. Money. Not future money n his contract. Not a severance. Money he has already earned and they have failed to pay.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club

Teja

Severance package? They …. Owe …. Him …. Money. Not future money n his contract. Not a severance. Money he has already earned and they have failed to pay.
It's been fairly well established that it's future money in his contract. There's no IOU from Barca saying they'll pay him a certain amount.

RedStarUnited

We should move on. If ETH? is the manager we hop him to be then he can find an alternative or adjust the players accordingly.

City chased Kane all summer until the last day. Didn't get him, and in the end they still outscored everyone in the league without him and won it. Pep adjusted for the season and moved on.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

Don't say that, @Scarlett Dracarys loves you :D

Joeycha88

All of this talk about how important FDJ is to Ten Hag, I’m going to be devastated if he doesn’t come here. Ten Hah must think FDJ can basically be the quarterback of his system. Who plays it for him with out FDJ? Fred?!? Scott?!? Yikes we better freaking have a plan B.
P.S - I hate you barca

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It's clear the spirit of the negotiation was changing the way his wages worked so as to lower them temporarily and then recoup the difference.

I would not be surprised if the contracts themselves make no reference to that and are just consistent with Barcelona owing him nothing and being on the verge of paying him insane wages (higher than what we offer as well).

In that case you would indeed need to offer a sweetener/severance for the player to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.