Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siorac

Isn't Kessie a free agent right now (Barca can't register him). Why don't we sign him, and then immediately offer Barca a straight swap - a midfielder we want for one that they want? All sorted, simple.
I love the idea, it's just ridiculous enough for this thread - but Kessie isn't a free agent. He has a valid contract, he just can't play in La Liga until and unless Barca register him.

That's not the only problem with the plan but the pedant in me had to point it out.

Brophs

The One and Only
Listen, Joan, enough is enough. If we haven’t signed Frenkie within few days then I’ve a good mind to EXTEND THE BLOODY DEADLINE BY ANOTHER WEEK.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Best case scenario here is that we sign a player that would clearly prefer to stay where he is. Recipe for disaster that.

Sack it off. Move on to someone else whilst there is still plenty of time before the start of the season.

ForeverRed1

Best case scenario here is that we sign a player that would clearly prefer to stay where he is. Recipe for disaster that.

Sack it off. Move on to someone else whilst there is still plenty of time before the start of the season.
then someone else swoops in...

Zoo

Well, I tried following advice from some here to be positive.... hasn't worked, has it? This looks dead in the water to me right now. Do Laurel and Hardy (err, I mean Murtough and Arnold) have a plan B or are we back to Ole time where's there's hardly a plan A
The Sun may have some news.

space

good to see we are at the stage of the transfer thread where everyone is slowly losing it

ForeverRed1

So what? He doesn't want to come here.
he would rather stay where he is. That might not be possible so he will have to move. If he moves his preference may be to play with ETH again. A coach he knows very well and played his best football for.

its no secret he loves Barca, the city. He has a beautiful home and life there. His fiancé is also in love with the place, so naturally he’d rather stay but this deal is complex, Hence why were holding tight for a minute.

the only issue is the rumours that were not looking at a plan b. Seems silly but at the same time, makes us seem pretty confident this is getting done or has a good shot. ETH and Frenkie know each other well, clearly they communicate... so let’s see. ETH believes this guy is special and no one can be better in this team for us and what we need, so we should try everything to get it over the line.

Tedious though isn’t it? :boring:

pacifictheme

This was never going to be a quick transfer. Ten hag has allegedly already said he is prepared to wait as long as it takes. Not worried about this at all.

Teja

Genuine concern for some in here if he doesn't end up coming :lol:
I convinced myself that all he can do is run with the ball a bit and play a 5yd pass. So yeah, great if we sign him because we'll be better at beating the press. Not the end of the world if we don't.

Teja

This was never going to be a quick transfer. Ten hag has allegedly already said he is prepared to wait as long as it takes. Not worried about this at all.
Are you up for waiting till deadline day and not having this go through? In that case I assume we won't make any more signings and any incomings will be in Jan.

Womp

idiot
I convinced myself that all he can do is run with the ball a bit and play a 5yd pass. So yeah, great if we sign him because we'll be better at beating the press. Not the end of the world if we don't.
Basically a blonde Fred

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We know it’s a long slog but never forget All the sneijders, fabregas end Thiago threads have led to this, remember who you are, and remember we will NOT LOSE THIS ONE! form a line; he shall not pass! Hold the line! Hold..

PoTMS

The way some go on about him is like he's peak Messi. It's not like signing him is the be all and end all of Ten Hag's plan. Sure, it would be ideal for him to get all his targets but he's got 3 out of the 4 players he wanted.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I just don't understand the whole De Jong or bust thing. Or why it seems Tielemans is the alternative when we have enough 8s. We can get a solid DM, play a 4-3-3 and pair the DM with Bruno and one of Eriksen/VdB/Fred/Garner/Hannibal/Zidane and we'd have a solid midfield.

Fingers crossed we end up getting De Jong because I don't think we need Tielemans and I don't want to see another season of McFred

slyadams

Have to say this has been my feeling too for a while. This doesn’t feel like a good fit. Of course this is all coming from nothing but media reports, but they all seem quite consistent on this front.

Tony247

Are you up for waiting till deadline day and not having this go through? In that case I assume we won't make any more signings and any incomings will be in Jan.
ETH already said either Frenkie or no one. So no point losing marbles knowing there is no plan B transfer target. Wait patiently and enjoy.

RedMilo

The way some go on about him is like he's peak Messi. It's not like signing him is the be all and end all of Ten Hag's plan. Sure, it would be ideal for him to get all his targets but he's got 3 out of the 4 players he wanted.
Sorry chap, but that Messi comment there, sums up everything that has been wrong with utd since fergie left, i.e. value of the individual and what they bring as an individual talent, over the function of the team. A possession based midfielder that can carry the ball forward is fundamental to how ETH wants us to play and there is no better (in his mind) than FDJ to carry out this function for the TEAM. I dont think he will come, but if he does, well done to ETH for sticking by his number one target, and not just spending money because it's there.

Amadevs

Supports
United
ETH already said either Frenkie or no one. So no point losing marbles knowing there is no plan B transfer target. Wait patiently and enjoy.
Did he?
I thought he said he wants the right players, the quote wasn't "Frenkie y nada mas"... Please...
Actually I'd welcome anyone to prove to me that FdJ is so much better than T.Neves?
The last is also deep lying playmaker, plus he is PL proven, while Frenkie is Barca flop.
Forget it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.