• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Sounds about right to be honest. He’s been meedy there and Tchouameni is going for around the same price full of promise and good form.
No he hasn't. He hasn't lived up to his expectations at worst but hasnt been mediocre by any stretch.

Mainoldo

No he hasn't. He hasn't lived up to his expectations at worst but hasnt been mediocre by any stretch.
If he hasn’t lived up to his hype what shall we call it?

Think if he came here and did that. Fans wouldn’t be so complimentary.

Bojan Djordjic

Wouldn’t mind playing hard ball in this particular signing. Barcelona need to sell so worth trying to get a bit of value so we can reallocate funds for other positions.

BlueHaze

Wouldn’t mind playing hard ball in this particular signing. Barcelona need to sell so worth trying to get a bit of value so we can reallocate funds for other positions.
For some reason I've always thought you are the real Bojan. :lol:

Idxomer

I agree that he shouldn't cost more than 50m, it's not like he set the world on fire with Barca. If he turned out the same performances in England, the press would've called him a flop a long time ago.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
If he hasn’t lived up to his hype what shall we call it?

Think if he came here and did that. Fans wouldn’t be so complimentary.
He has underwhelmed maybe, he still has been one of the best midfielders in the La Liga. Just not the very best as some may have thought. Miles better than whatever midfielders we have. Though that doesnt say much.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That wheeler guy has been talking way too much this season. I didn't know who the feck he was before this season until lot of talks about our dressing room that came from him and now he started claiming that he knows about transfer too. I wouldn't trust him even if he says ''FDJ has joined Man United''.

Mr PG

Like I said, it's just a number.

When people say Pogba is no 8 but he plays at no 6 at United. The first thing that come out to people's mind would be oh so Pogba has been playing out of position from his best position. Are you trying to say that FDJ played out of his position at Ajax by calling him as no 8 but played at no 6?

Moreover, if FDJ is like box to box, there won't be a debate and discussion in here and Barcelona forum about him being played in the wrong position/role at Barcelona. May be he can play at no 8 one day after he develops it but so far his best position is no 6, while no 8 is the position he didn't perform and got criticised heavily.
people right now are a bit too bamboozled on FDJ. I don’t want him for the same reason I didn’t want Sancho. We’re getting rinsed at that price and he isn’t mobile enough. Sancho for instance is a good player but how many fans kelp saying… Woodward just pay the money when Dortmund wanted £110m. We paid £70 m and it still looks like we overpaid

Mercurial Beckham

people right now are a bit too bamboozled on FDJ. I don’t want him for the same reason I didn’t want Sancho. We’re getting rinsed at that price and he isn’t mobile enough. Sancho for instance is a good player but how many fans kelp saying… Woodward just pay the money when Dortmund wanted £110m. We paid £70 m and it still looks like we overpaid
It’s his first season, signing from a different league, having to adjust to a significant step up in quality. Not to mention the ongoing dysfunction that this season has been. Let’s be a bit patient wit the kid. Whatever happened to realistic expectations?

haru krentz

If Barca had to sell because they want to bring Lewandowski then we should negotiate better, £45 -56m should be good number for both parties.

Yup. He also says we won’t pay 70m when Barca want to recoup the 65m they paid. So he seems confused.
TBH it got me confused too, hahaha!

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
If he is truthfully being forced out of Barcelona due to their financial situation then I don’t want him, personally.

Have Liverpool, City, or any other successful team ever signed a player forced out of their club and seen them be successful? We certainly haven’t.

I genuinely fail to see the progress in our club’s transfer operations if we plan on signing another high-profile player who wants to stay at his existing club. I’m grateful for the positivity around here and trust in ten Hag, but we shouldn’t just blindly assume everything is ‘progress’ due to a (hopefully) smart appointment and positive PR from the club over the past few weeks.

I don’t think he will do well here if this is truly his situation.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Have Liverpool, City, or any other successful team ever signed a player forced out of their club and seen them be successful? We certainly haven’t.
Robben, Sneijder, Fabregas, Sanchez, Ozil and there should be plenty.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If he is truthfully being forced out of Barcelona due to their financial situation then I don’t want him, personally.

I genuinely fail to see the progress in our club’s transfer operations if we plan on signing another high-profile player who wants to stay at his existing club. I’m grateful for the positivity around here and trust in ten Hag, but we shouldn’t just blindly assume everything is ‘progress’ due to a (hopefully) smart appointment and positive PR from the club over the past few weeks.

I don’t think he will do well here if this is truly his situation.
Whilst I agree to a certain extent,

I feel like honestly De Jong is too much of a talent to just turn our noses up at the chances to sign him; especially when Ten Hag is the next manager.

quethenoo

Does anyone actually think ETH would back signing him if he for a second thought FDJ wouldn't be fully commited? Seems pretty unlikely to me especially given their history, so if Erik wants him and he's attainanable get it done.

What on earth did the previous regime do for such a sucessful club like that to be in such a dire economic situation? They really fecked the club over hard.
They shit the bed with Messi in particular, they paid him 555,237,000€ over the course of that contract.
Absolutely mind blowing numbers that some total numpties in the Messi thread tried convincing everyone he was worth because he brought in so much money, which was utterly nonsensical of course.

Coutinho, Griezmann, Dembele deals were all made in desperation due to being made to feel “small” by PSG over Neymar. De Jong’s contract is also clearly a problem.

And of course, the pandemic.

They have gotten rid of the Coutinho problem, Dembele’s contract has now run down, Griezmann is still an issue I guess? I really think they have to sell De Jong and then try to deal with the Griezmann issue by giving him away. Can’t see them getting any fee now. Would Atletico even want him on a free?

Bojan Djordjic

Bit unfair. Sancho didn’t maintain his Dortmund numbers and so ‘underwhelmed’ from that point of view but there’s plenty of motivating factors not least of which is the totally dysfunctional team he plays in. Ole wasn’t brave enough to play him but once he started getting games he was one of a few bright spots. He’s a very clever player. Always tries to do the right thing and is unpredictable unlike Rashford.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The "doesn't want to be here" thing would be funny if literally true. I imagine poor Frenkie being dragged onto the pitch in a United shirt kicking and screaming, trying to get off, but Shteve McClaren shoos him back on with his umbrella and he plays the whole match crying.

He does have the perfect whiny head for it honestly. Make it happen.

Bebestation

Bit unfair. Sancho didn’t maintain his Dortmund numbers and so ‘underwhelmed’ from that point of view but there’s plenty of motivating factors not least of which is the totally dysfunctional team he plays in. Ole wasn’t brave enough to play him but once he started getting games he was one of a few bright spots. He’s a very clever player. Always tries to do the right thing and is unpredictable unlike Rashford.
If Sancho was from the youth system i think he would be treated differently, he is lucky he still has the dortmund hype, so plenty fans give him the benefit of the doubt that rest of the squad doesnt get.

Bebestation

The "doesn't want to be here" thing would be funny if literally true. I imagine poor Frenkie being dragged onto the pitch in a United shirt kicking and screaming, trying to get off, but Shteve McClaren shoos him back on with his umbrella and he plays the whole match crying.

He does have the perfect whiny head for it honestly. Make it happen.
I remember you were one of the only people who never rated depay during him joining United. i always trusted your opinion after that - whats your view on De Jong? does he deserve the generational type of hype he gets?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I remember you were one of the only people who never rated depay during him joining United. i always trusted your opinion after that - whats your view on De Jong? does he deserve the generational type of hype he gets?
I'm a huge fan of De Jong. He has all the ability to earn that hype though he has undeniably been underwhelming at Barca. That's mostly due to him not being used correctly though. He just doesnt fit their system.

Our last 2 international games vs Denmark and Germany where he plays his regular role show his quality perfectly though. He's extremely pressure resistant and the perfrct player to transition between defense and attack.

The whiny part is also true though, he's an extremely moany fecker, though I suppose that sort of comes with the Barca shirt. I would love it if you guys huy him, think he'd do very well with Fred (or another defensive 6) next to him.

Bebestation

I'm a huge fan of De Jong. He has all the ability to earn that hype though he has undeniably been underwhelming at Barca. That's mostly due to him not being used correctly though. He just doesnt fit their system.

Our last 2 international games vs Denmark and Germany where he plays his regular role show his quality perfectly though. He's extremely pressure resistant and the perfrct player to transition between defense and attack.

The whiny part is also true though, he's an extremely moany fecker, though I suppose that sort of comes with the Barca shirt. I would love it if you guys huy him, think he'd do very well with Fred (or another defensive 6) next to him.
Sounds good! When I found out that Ten hag plays 4231 I always wanted to see a defensive 6 with and offensive 6 in his traditional double pivot.

Gives me hope that maybe the players I have in mind are more realistic than I thought (Rice & De Jong).

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Robben, Sneijder, Fabregas, Sanchez, Ozil and there should be plenty.
Fair point with Sneijder but I don’t see the others as being forced out, they seem like normal (albeit sometimes ruthless) transfer business.

De Jong is completely different in that he is seen as a disposable asset and (allegedly) being forced to leave for financial, not footballing, reasons. Hence my concern about his motivation and ability to adapt if he came here.

Status
Not open for further replies.