Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Hi Frenkie, we listened to what you said about wanting to play in your favoured position more often and we understand you’ve been unable to do that in your time at Barca so far. Now, that being said.. How good are you at centre back?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Is this guy on tour with them, or just hunting for clicks?
Surely if that was the case, someone who's on tour with them would have picked up on this and reported it too. So much BS flying around in this transfer

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
If he’s happy enough to stay after all this he’s an absolute mug.

NLunited

Ball is in their court, Frenkie will not lower his wage by 50%. Pretty clear they want him gone.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Is this finally over? Time enough to finally go after somebody else?
Is it feck finally over.
De Jong is owed €17m apparently, now they're saying you forgo that AND reduce your wage by 50% to stay at Barca... on top of that, you don't get to play in CM, you have to play as CB, oh and we've just signed Kounde too, so yeah you have to compete with him. What do you say?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The dream can’t die before page 1,000 - we need to prove what sad cnuts we are first

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Imagine getting your dream move and then being treated like this by a club you’ve adored since childhood. Seriously.

Which other moves to giant clubs have had such an undignified ending as this?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The dream can’t die before page 1,000 - we need to prove what sad cnuts we are first
This dream is far from dead.
Do you truly think that de Jong is going to reduce his wages by half and give up on his owed wages... as well as play as a CB... come on now haha

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Do you truly think that de Jong is going to reduce his wages by half and give up on his owed wages... as well as play as a CB... come on now haha
It can’t die before page 1,000

sewey89

As always, if this deal is ever actually dead, then we’ll hear about it from Ducker, Stone, Ornstein etc. Until then, don’t panic.

He’s being forced to play completely out of position (in a backup role) and take a massive pay cut. If he agrees to that, then fair play and good luck to him

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
So if FDJ is earning 30m euros next season and Barcelona can afford to pay him 15m and still register signings that means they can pay him 15m in his deferred wages to leave and still register players right? No wonder he left satisfied.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
“Hi Frenkie. We know you took a huge pay cut to help us out, but can you take a pay cut to help us out?

What new players? Oh, THOSE new players? Ignore them, they were all free transfers and they’re on £20k a week.

Hope you say yes as we really want you here, you’ll be our midfield general for years to come.…. … or we’ll fecking ruin you.“

Mmm-Qatarian

To be honest I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility but if he does agree to it he's daft as feck.

"Yeah sure, I'll half my wages and forego that 17 million you guys should've been paying me from the last few seasons. Also, I'm perfectly happy with the idea that you want me playing as a centre back, even given that the reason I'd be foregoing the money you'd otherwise owe me is so we can sign another centre back who will almost definitely be ahead of me in the pecking order."

Again, I'm not ruling it out but it would be such a stupid move on his part.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
As always, if this deal is ever actually dead, then we’ll hear about it from Ducker, Stone, Ornstein etc. Until then, don’t panic.

He’s being forced to play completely out of position (in a backup role) and take a massive pay cut. If he agrees to that, then fair play and good luck to him
Exactly. If de Jong stays, Kounde doesn't arrive. He'll go to Chelsea i'd imagine. They also don't get Silva. On top of that, they get to keep a player they really don't want, playing in a position he's not best at, albeit still on a big wage, but not as big as it was... it makes absolutely no sense

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
To be honest I wouldn't entirely rule out the possibility but if he does agree to it he's daft as feck.

"Yeah sure, I'll half my wages and forego that 17 million you guys should've been paying me from the last few seasons. Also, I'm perfectly happy with the idea that you want me playing as a centre back, even given that the reason I'd be foregoing the money you'd otherwise owe me is so we can sign another centre back."

Again, I'm not ruling it out but it would be such a stupid move on his part.
Even when you look at it like that, it just looks so so stupid.
It might very well be his dream club, but to stay somewhere thats treating you like that, and robbing you blind whilst doing it, he's mental if he accepts it

sewey89

Exactly. If de Jong stays, Kounde doesn't arrive. He'll go to Chelsea i'd imagine. They also don't get Silva. On top of that, they get to keep a player they really don't want, playing in a position he's not best at, albeit still on a big wage, but not as big as it was... it makes absolutely no sense
Add to that the fact that all the ‘tier ones’ are saying Kounde has turned down Chelsea and him to Barca is pretty much a done deal now.

As you say, no sense at all

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

Not quite, he's played CB for Ajax and Barca before. Maybe he likes the position, no idea, but his remarks while playing for Netherlands suggest otherwise

TheReligion

Abusive
If De Jong did do the unthinkable then I’d actually be happy to miss out on him if I’m honest.

It would show him to be very weak and not the type of mentality I’d want to see at the club.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Add to that the fact that all the ‘tier ones’ are saying Kounde has turned down Chelsea and him to Barca is pretty much a done deal now.

As you say, no sense at all
I wonder where all the reports from people who are actually on tour with Barca are?
Seems strange that some tier 3/4 journo has this scoop but no one else does.

sewey89

The equivalent of this is us starting to play Bruno as a DM and telling him he needs to cut his salary in half, all the while, Bayern have had a bid accepted for him.

Nobody would expect him to stay

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I am betting his the guy to stay positive in meetings and then call his agent right after sulking.
To be honest with you, i'd be very surprised if he did appear to be sulky in meetings. This is his dream club, he's not going to go into a meeting looking for trouble is he?
As you say he'll be on to his agent right after it saying they've said this, or that... this is far from over i think

Status
Not open for further replies.