Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

STYLOISRED

I like how Caftards believe that the CEO of Manchester United would be 100% honest to group of fans sitting at a pub.
I said it in the other thread that saying we had 200mil to spend was BS at worst and fact twisting at best. There is no way Man Utd are spending 200mil in one summer window. At best, he added the winter window budget without making it clear so as to appease them.

And let's be honest, the Glazer don't really care what the fans think of them as long as they get their yearly dividends and Richard Arnold doing this is more positive PR for the club than any piece any journalist would have written. The man is not stupid ffs.

Joseunited

I like how Caftards believe that the CEO of Manchester United would be 100% honest to group of fans sitting at a pub.
I said it in the other thread that saying we had 200mil to spend was BS at worst and fact twisting at best. There is no way Man Utd are spending 200mil in one summer window. At best, he added the winter window budget without making it clear so as to appease them.

And let's be honest, the Glazer don't really care what the fans think of them as long as they get their yearly dividends and Richard Arnold doing this is more positive PR for the club than any piece any journalist would have written. The man is not stupid ffs.
No hope for some people.

ti vu

Amazing how Anderson looks better here compared to FDG. Just goes to show what a waste of talent Anderson was. If only he could stay fit and in shape.
One of the best game from Ando and in his more natural position, attacking midfielder. Ando's lifestyle is one issue but always baffled me why SAF signed an attacking midfielder wonderkid, then shoehorning him into a holding midfielder. Similar to FdJ issue at Barcelona where the individual quality is there but rarely you see a performance that fit that talent.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

Amazing how Anderson looks better here compared to FDG. Just goes to show what a waste of talent Anderson was. If only he could stay fit and in shape.
The captions are kinda hilarious considering what a fat slob he turned into.
Shame.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Seems like ten Hag doesn’t want to sign anyone else before the de jong deal gets done. He’s worried we move on to other targets and then not have enough funds to buy de jong. He sees de jong as the type of midfielder who can help implement his style of play a lot quicker. The quicker this gets done the better it will be as I feel like we can sign other targets a lot quicker and smoother then this one is going.

Tarrou

One of the best game from Ando and in his more natural position, attacking midfielder. Ando's lifestyle is one issue but always baffled me why SAF signed an attacking midfielder wonderkid, then shoehorning him into a holding midfielder. Similar to FdJ issue at Barcelona where the individual quality is there but rarely you see a performance that fit that talent.
SAF gave him chances there especially early on, but he was largely crap

then he started becoming useful in doing containment jobs in the big games against Liverpool (Gerrard) and Arsenal (Fabregas) and SAF got some use out of him

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Maybe so but how do you think clubs like Barca who are selling us their players will take it? Do you think they will rationalise it like you?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Seems like ten Hag doesn’t want to sign anyone else before the de jong deal gets done. He’s worried we move on to other targets and then not have enough funds to buy de jong. He sees de jong as the type of midfielder who can help implement his style of play a lot quicker. The quicker this gets done the better it will be as I feel like we can sign other targets a lot quicker and smoother then this one is going.
Then we should really push for de jong transfer, rather then trying to keep dragging on and negotiate down 10m for the best price.

I know budget is tight, and 10m could be alot for us, but good players are taking up fast by our rivals, we can't afford to keep dragging on and waste our whole preseasons.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Then we should really push for de jong transfer, rather then trying to keep dragging on and negotiate down 10m for the best price.

I know budget is tight, and 10m could be alot for us, but good players are taking up fast by our rivals, we can't afford to keep dragging on and waste our whole preseasons.
I absolutely agree..: it’s the same all the time with us though when it comes down to negotiating, we take forever and then lose other targets because of it. Obviously we’ll be trying to save as much as we can in each deal as it will help us get other players. I don’t think our other targets will be as complicated as this one though.

STYLOISRED

Maybe so but how do you think clubs like Barca who are selling us their players will take it? Do you think they will rationalise it like you?
Rationalize something said to a group of supporters in a pub??
Their own president has spouted much more BS in official channels.

sglowrider

Rationalize something said to a group of supporters in a pub??
Their own president has spouted much more BS in official channels.
Maybe but the Barca team will use it to squeeze more out of United right when they are trying to negotiate the price down for Frenkie. He must have known that it would get into the press? If not he is just naive.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Well, that doesn't include replica shirt sales. I've never seen a Bayern shirt in South America, Asia or Africa, and thousands and thousands of Barca, Real, Arsenal, Chelsea, United shirts...

Heck, I've never seen a Bayern shirt outside of Germany.
Surprisingly, the only country where I've seen Bayern jerseys outside Germany is in the Netherlands. One would have thought the Dutch of all people wouldn't be sporting German apparel.:nervous:

sglowrider

Surprisingly, the only country where I've seen Bayern jerseys outside Germany is in the Netherlands. One would have thought the Dutch of all people wouldn't be sporting German apparel.:nervous:
especially after they stole your bicycles .... during the war.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm living in Thailand and the Philippines. And I see plenty of Bayern shirts especially in Thailand, whether replica or original I don't know. Bayern just opened their 2nd international headquarter in Bangkok.

Especially a lot of middle eastern tourists wear Bayern shirts but also some from India.

Laurencio

Maybe but the Barca team will use it to squeeze more out of United right when they are trying to negotiate the price down for Frenkie. He must have known that it would get into the press? If not he is just naive.
I doubt there's room for Barca to negotiate that way at this point. They need to sell, and we know it.

Dansk

There seems to be widespread agreement that FDJ doesn't actually want to come to United, but may end up having to do so if Barcelona need to sell and nobody else makes an acceptable offer. If that is indeed the case and he would end up signing for us just because he has no other choice, even though he doesn't really want to, is that truly a good idea? Haven't we struggled enough with players who aren't bothered? I don't know anything about his personality and professionalism, but it seems like such a risk to take at this point.

The Sad Clown

There seems to be widespread agreement that FDJ doesn't actually want to come to United, but may end up having to do so if Barcelona need to sell and nobody else makes an acceptable offer. If that is indeed the case and he would end up signing for us just because he has no other choice, even though he doesn't really want to, is that truly a good idea? Haven't we struggled enough with players who aren't bothered? I don't know anything about his personality and professionalism, but it seems like such a risk to take at this point.
There seems to be some recent reports that ten Hag has persuaded De Jong that a move to United would actually work very well for both him and the club. Of course who can really say and at this point it's all still guess work.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The important thing is whether we're a second choice that he'd still be happy to join (think the likes of Robben being forced out of Real), or if he'd really rather not join us but feels we're his only real option. The former is fine. The latter definitely carries some risk. Nobody but FDB himself and hopefully the likes of ETH and Murtough knows which category he falls into, but if it was the latter I'd hope we'd have moved on by now.

STYLOISRED

For what it's worth i think we will pay the 85mil barca are requesting but we will try to make it using add-ons.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm living in Thailand and the Philippines. And I see plenty of Bayern shirts especially in Thailand, whether replica or original I don't know. Bayern just opened their 2nd international headquarter in Bangkok.

Especially a lot of middle eastern tourists wear Bayern shirts but also some from India.
I see none here. It's all PL (majority United then the rest) and the Spanish big 2.

devips

Di Maria vibes

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
yeah but you can prove anything with statistics.
I don't care either way, just answering the guy trying to make a point based on claiming that he can't imagine Bayern sell much shirts abroad.

Tarrou

the korean lad who works at my local coffee shop has a Bayern trackie top

it looks mint to be fair

Gentile’s Ghost

I absolutely agree..: it’s the same all the time with us though when it comes down to negotiating, we take forever and then lose other targets because of it. Obviously we’ll be trying to save as much as we can in each deal as it will help us get other players. I don’t think our other targets will be as complicated as this one though.
if this is the guy that the new manager says “is key” and he knows him then don’t piss around playing a new “hard ball“ transfer policy game. This is not the player / deal to be doing that with. If the club wants to prove it is not going to pay inflated prices for players that’s fine - but do it with potential signings that the manager does not see as fundamental I.e some that have alternatives. It appears that ETH has deemed FDJ as crucial with no real alternative option.

crossy1686

career ending

I'd just stop watching or caring if I were you mate.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
especially after they stole your bicycles .... during the war.
I noticed a huge spike back when Roy Makaay then Van Bommel and Robben were staring for Bayern, a lot of jerseys started popping up in Holland.

Status
Not open for further replies.